Is there any Lua Tutorials?

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • I don't know if Notepad or Notepad++ understands the language that popped up on the screen. I thought Lua was an easy program I could download and install, instead it came as a notepad.xml. I just wanted to try and create a couple scripts for Rising World :( Instead my Notepad and Notepad ++ started behaving as if it was talking to me :whistling: The program would sift through pages on it's own and sometimes go up or even down. Maybe Lua is an Alien sentience that I could open notepad and say hi to ;) If anyone has a clue why Lua is behaving bad instead of installing can you please help me? Here's a pic of what Notepad looks like in Lua

• i've installed it but never seen that!?

did you get it from LUA website or from somewhere else

Joni it downloaded from lua.com as a notepad document as lua 5.3.3.tar.gz. Yeah I'm a noob at heart when it comes to Lua as I have never coded at all. Since I can't delete this thread if anyone has any advice please keep it simple. I was born in 81 not the today's computer savvy world.

• What you are looking at is an archived and compressed file. Much like trying to read with Notepad a .zip or a .7z file.

Also, a .tar.gz file looks much like something primarily intended for Unix/Linux environments. You have to UNzip and UNtar it before doing anything with it. Of course, it is possible to Un-tar a file under WIndows too, but the choice seems suspicious and chances are it will not run under Windows at all.

If there is something originally intended for Windows, take that and dump this one.

• well when you are using a windows OS you need LUA for Windows that you can get from my link above

Got it, thanks.I didn't see tat before as I was preoccupied with something else also. My whole purpose for trying to get Lua installed today was because of a singular Minecraft mod. "ComputerCraft" is the one and only Minecraft mod written entirely in Lua and works with games both written in Lua and Java. I want to make an attempt to make it work with Rising World. Recipes, some programming and textures would have to be changed for it to work properly but I do believe it's time to mod Rising World.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!