Upcoming: Dungeons and Plugin API

• Hi folks! A new update will be available soon, but today we want to give some information about two important upcoming features.

Dungeons
    As you know we're currently working on dungeons, they're going to be available very soon. This includes various underground dungeons, underwater ruins, but also other "abandoned" buildings like old shacks in the woods. Here we have two preview screenshots for you (still work-in-progress):

https://images.rising-world.net/preview/dungeons/java 2016-07-27 20-53-18-77.jpg

https://images.rising-world.net/preview/dungeons/java 2016-07-27 21-08-28-23.jpg

Plugin API
    We are also working on a new, Java based plugin API, which will replace the current Lua API. The new API allows you to create custom "gamemodes" and influence the gameplay, basically it can be considered as a "lite version" of Modding. The first release of the plugin API allows you to (among others):

• Take control of various events
    • Create custom gui elements, including images
    • Place and move custom 3d models in the world
    • Get full access to the world database
    • Query keyboard events of a player
    • Spawn items and modify player inventories

The new API will have a proper documentation from the very beginning, unlike the current Lua API.

Stay tuned! :)

• Nice! This is what I love seeing on my updates. That moment when you're playing a web game called 'KanColle' & 'SHooting Girl' to then see that Rising World has received an announcement update being dungeons. Sweet!

Loving the retro vibe (90's cave diving game. Morrowind also) coming off from both the images, as well as mention of abandoned cabins. Here's to hoping there's a way for them to spawn in already spawned chunks for those multiplayer servers by checking if there's player made blocks in a given radius, or not. It's been done before in Minecraft that I'm hoping it can be done in Rising World also by backwards scanning as to not crush people's hope & dreams this early. Granted, we shouldn't be attached to our worlds, yet we are. I am, and it's my fault :whistling:

But yeah, hope those 'rounded' spiderweb parts shall contain various items within. Recipies, or whatever. Loving how foxfire is mentioning excavating bones because that's what I'm wanting to do also so we can display stuff in our homes. This'll give me a reason to make a museum, if we're given options this early to make skeletal displays. We'll see what Red51 has planned heh.

Hope there's no oversized spiders in RW because those are massive webs, Skyrim style. :cursing:

• ArcticKitsu,

Well for me it was mostly excavating dinosaur bones, amber containing prehistoric flies with dino dna, gems and flint and rare items in jars are what I was thinking mostly. I think Red51 is going to implement smaller NPC animals at some points (spiders and snakes for example) but nothing really giant like Minecraft spiders. But I can totally get behind your idea of collecting bones to form a complete skeleton and making displays out of them.

If you recall the huge texture and tree update that came before the biomes updates, the new objects were placed rather seamlessly into the existing world. I'd imagine that implementing dungeons and temples and wood shakes into the existing explored areas would not be a big deal as long as no construction objects are nearby where the new structure will be placed. So hopefully the conversion script can delete a cube of unmodified mountain interior and replace it with dungeons. :-D

I hope those round objects are indeed scroll jars covered in spider webs. I hope that the bones will be new objects we can collect or harvest. We do need bones anyways in order to make some primitive crafting tools so this is definitely a step in the right direction towards all that stuff we've speculated about.

• You're now making me wish & desire for dinosaur skeleton displays from this dungeon update, something which may be causing Red51 to tear hair from his head. But yeah, my suggestion & yours is where it should be going, especially from that Minecraft dinosaur mod I shared with you months ago. That's been fun & rewarding that I'll happily make a museum to display my dinosaur displays, similar to how it's done in 'Animal Crossing: New Leaf' heh. Fun fun!

And looking forward to the smaller animal NPC side of things. More life. The rabbit alone is fun allowing more to be had.

And hope you're right because it simply means more to play with. Scrolls to also put into bookshelvings, desks, and such. That be sweet :) Be sweet even having bones used as cutting tools and such, as they once were. So many uses.

• You're now making me wish & desire for dinosaur skeleton displays from this dungeon update, something which may be causing Red51 to tear hair from his head.

I'm sure its all going into that mysterious Book of Suggestions that Red51 keeps around his house somewhere. I imagine you and I have our own chapters in that one by now ^^ I always though it would be a fun easter egg to find such a book (or scroll) hidden in one of the jars underground. Afterall, there are supposed to be unique treasures to be found in the dungeons at some point. ^^

• Plugin API
    We are also working on a new, Java based plugin API, [...]:

• Take control of various events
    • Create custom gui elements, including images
    • Place and move custom 3d models in the world
    • Get full access to the world database
    • Query keyboard events of a player
    • Spawn items and modify player inventories

The new API will have a proper documentation from the very beginning, unlike the current Lua API.

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!

The list includes practically all the things I was hoping it would and which I need for some ideas of mines. This is going a BIG help for scripting!

Another useful addition which does not seem to fall into any of the listed categories is the possibility to add a player to a group programmatically, in practice a script equivalent of the setplayergroup command.

And another "Hurray" for the documentation!!!

• Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!
    The list includes practically all the things I was hoping it would and which I need for some ideas of mines. This is going a BIG help for scripting!

Another useful addition which does not seem to fall into any of the listed categories is the possibility to add a player to a group programmatically, in practice a script equivalent of the setplayergroup command.

And another "Hurray" for the documentation!!!

Awesome! Taking control of world events makes me think rain is coming, the storms are rolling in. The spider webs and dusty bones behold the spiders lair. The world grows dark the caverns deep what lurks beneath your feet? Arena's will be built with teams all made to fight the winner gets sacrificed to the mighty God of spiders. This is going to be a very cool update and I'm loving the concept already. Sincerely hope we get gigantic spiders or at least be able to resize them to 40 times their intended size. I would love to create a world where there are clans and a drive for each side to be the best. Wage wars for domination and take their lands by force. Loving this!! <3<3

• Red mentioned one day about experiementing with spiders and that smaller than giant sized spiders might be possible. I'd imagine with any object could be scaled. My personal thoughts is that when character models come, we can have races finally. Dwarves will be smaller than Elves for example. We would need to be able to scale objects to fit our size. I envision stuff like tiny workshops ran by gnomes and gnomes riding on foxes and things like that.. And maybe even giant torches (not just as a random bug but intentional!). So yes, if scaling of all objects can be done via API then there should be massive spiders and snakes if you so desire ;-p

• Modding wise this has my mind going crazy that anything is now going to be possible. More so because we're being given exactly what we need & desire. Red51 wants to make us happy that he's happy that we're happy so we're happy that he's happy so........Nice! As it should be! Nice seeing positive feedback over an update instead of "this is ruining Minecraft!", or something entitled and stupid in other communities. This is how games should be with people being genuinely happy, not being arrogant by trying to sound more intelligent than the other. I'm hoping this community stays as healthy as it is now into the future, yet that's asking too much with the way things become with popularity. People come & go.

Damn, my mind is rushing thanks to the mention of 'custom models' being added in because that means we're soon also going to have various vehicle mods (I'm thinking WW2 vessels & such, and decorative items) which also leads into custom humanoid entities. The such of my anime real of 'KanColle' & my "waifu" (Bismarck) [explained in one of my videos, in a basic form], among others. We're getting very close to the features you guys want, what I want, and what I need in order to realize my plans and such. We're even seeing Rising World mature nicely and healthy. Really wanting to have my anime humanoid fox girl added into the game. Soon!

Can't wait to dig into the anime models to start waving test models & NPCs in my videos to have people going crazy with modding. Still needing to wait a few months, yet it's now getting closer. Glad we're all hyper with excitement.

As foxfire put it: "Christmas in july!" :thumbsup: The best news I could have this week.

• So Arctic and I were chatting about this on the side. When custom models come, we need to be able to support simple animations and that animation needs to be synced for all players in a multi-player environment. This will come into play for things like collision detection.

The example we came up with are race cars on a track, driving through a hole below the windmill (also like mini golf). The windmill model has a static part and a rotational part. Both players are on a track and from their perspectives, the position and rotational speed of the windmill need to be updated for both players to help them adjust their speeds to avoid collision.

Collision events need to be worked out as well. I know I'm probably jumping the gun here but I am curious at least what sort of limitations will be. The API methods are not yet published but at minimum I wanted to get this idea out to everyone so others can think about it as well. perhaps those with experience in other game APIs can chime in.

Character model customization are another topic that we don't really know enough about. Ability to hot-swap body parts and visible armor parts on the fly will be necessary (this will enable his KanKolle stuff). Ofcourse external modeling work will need to be done by whoever writes a mod for this. But from the API perspective, I hope body components will be customizable. I for one want a fox head and tail and fur instead of human skin :)

I'm assuming that additional character API methods will get released when the character models come out.

• http://missmonster.deviantart.…-Light-Fox-mask-265607340For context about the race track & animation:

13:49 (again at 14:40) with Grand Theft Auto 5 Online having turbines with race tracks so those blades would need to be synced up. ANything which rotates would need to stay synced up to have some fun gaming experience & immersion.

Secondly, I do hope Red51 is making alternate statues because those are needed in the dungeons. A perfect time to insert more. Any sort of statues works. Model up 1, or 5, I don't care. Just as long as we have more statue variety. The one in the second image is such a buzzkill that it's so "default" it's not even funny.

Also, yeah. Character slots & attachments would need to be a thing when we get heavy into player customization & modeling. being able to put fox ears (this) & even a tail above a person's butt. Or the KanColle equipment attachments [Kiso, noting the torp tubes & such] which would also compare to Warhammer stuff, and maybe Halo, and whatever else people make. Fallout 4 type customization. It's not just Anime stuff, but also seen in American gaming that I'll use GTA Online as an example with a fox mask [example here] & [Fox mask].

The type of syncing I was talking about though is that if you join someone's server that you should be able to sync up with their server files so you can play the game. Basically with what I experienced with 'Counter Strike' on steam that you'd be able to jump onto any server to play in that scenario that it should work with Rising World. The similar idea of having texture packs carry over on Minecraft servers, and such.

There's just so many possibilities now that my mind is going crazy with all the things that can be done soon, or should be. X/

---------

Edit: Just to sneak this in here while masks are a topic: [Japanese fox mask]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!