Day One Survival Series - Season 2

• Season 2: Survival From Day One

Everything I've learned in the series is strictly from viewers comments, so please, keep them coming. I really am relying on you to help me out!!

This series is basically an extremely detailed Let's Play with building tutorials tossed in intermittently! It should have plenty for those of you new to the game, and for the veterans clocking in the hours, you might just learn something as well!
    Enjoy!

Episode 12 - Detailing the cabin with Doors and Steps...

Season 2 - Episode 1

Above are the Latest and First episodes - Click the link to the entire playlist, I don't want to fill this whole thread up with vids!! CLICK HERE FOR THE PLAYLIST

• Episode 8 Hot off the CPU! Let's take a break from building for an episode and we'll just say we like the progress on the cabin!

Today we explore the world, specifically for resources but I would also love to find an ocean!! Come join me and see what we find.... I think we may have affected a cow in a negative way. Livestock is so sensitive.

• Thanks for the videos! It is true: one always learns something new!

About "oceans", you may find some useful info in this post (by me, shameless plug... :evil: )

That's a ton of great info! Thanks for the shameless plug :) After all, this thread is a big shameless plug for me!

I have a question. I used the seed 'ocean' for the world in the series. I had requests for the seed #, but it technically doesn't have one. I viewer of the series used the same seed and said the world was different than mine. When I created a brand new world with ocean seed, I got an identical world. Do you think the viewer made a mistake, or does it generate an identical world every time using lake or ocean? I also heard that it's case sensitive with capitalization.

Any insight on this?

• No real "insight", but "ocean" -- or any other string -- IS the seed. Someone accustomed to the various random functions in programming language which accept a numeric parameter as seed may find it strange, but it actually behaves as a seed:

*) same 'seed' => same world
    *) different 'seed' => different world.

And, yes, the seed is definitely case sensitive and the one intended as ocean show case is presumably "Ocean" with a capital 'O', as this one spawns you near an ocean, while "ocean" does not (unless I made a typo too...)

• Episode 9 is now up n' running!

We start the construction of the new roof using the Beams & Planks Construction System quite a bit. Learn some cool console commands for really detailed placement of items!

Hope you learn some stuff! Happy Building :)

• Hey Builders and Survivalists! As fall approaches I can once again take advantage of a more laid back schedule. This summer was crazy busy and it took me by surprise! But now, my recording schedule is back to normal and expect videos on a regular basis. Thanks everyone for hanging out and watching :)

The series took on a tutorial style because we've been doing so much building. I'm starting to detail the cabin, but I'm asking for help! I need some ideas. Below are the latest videos in my series. I hope you enjoy, and learn a ton!

Episode 10

Episode 11

Episode 12

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!