remote camera

• So I was thinking about how in the game Myst, you open the book and there is a video of the place you are going to warp to. it would be nice to be able to create a viewport in a GUIPanel that plays a video (pre-recorded or live) of a remote location.

The camera could be fixed or have a programmable flight path. E.g. We program it to rotate, and translate along certain axis across a period of time. A fixed camera would be great for security monitoring wheras the flight path could be used for the Myst book or anything really such as a flyover of a golf course.

camera object could extend net.risingworld.api.worldelements.WorldElement

• newCamera(fps, resolution) -- the rest of the graphical details can inherit from the player's settings

the current set/get methods for Position and Rotation in WorldElement are fine however the we need more move options...

• moveTo only allows us to set destination position at a given speed
    • we need to be able to smoothly change to the new position and Quanterion smoothly over a period of time or at a set speed
    • the return is a video or actual game rendering within the game that is visible in the gui panel

I don't know how you do complex flight paths in 3d animation software but I imagine its a series of translation and rotation steps with start and stop points along a line. So the motion could complex and smooth or as simple and rough as you want it to be.

If there's a flight path object in 3dsmax or blender that could be exported then maybe a option to import a complicated flight path would be an opton too. he API would make the various calls to rotate and translate over time for each point on the flight path line.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!