Friend cannot connect to Rising World Hamachi server, but I can

• Hi there!

I've created a network on Hamachi, and opened the "server.jar" file provided on this website to make my own server for myself and a friend to play on. I can get on using the IP address given by Hamachi, no problem. My friend however cannot connect, we've checked our firewalls and they're not blocking anything as far as we can see. Are we missing something? (this is the first time I've ever set up a server for a game)

Thanks!

• What message does your friend get when he tries to connect? Does it work if you try to start a LAN game instead (i.e. go to the singleplayer menu, select a world and press the red "Open for LAN" button, then your friend can connect to your hamachi IP by going to Multiplayer -> Connect to IP)?

• Some friends and I were playing on a LAN game. I bugged out (became invisible) so I left knowing it would kick them, I restarted and loaded up the same world in LAN but now they receive a cannot connect notification. Double checked all the IPs for correctness over and over, but still the same result.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!