setp setl setr info and details

• As I collected the below info to help my working with plank & beam constructions, I thought they might be useful to other too. All linear sizes assume the semi-official size of 1 block = 50 cm.

setp (SET Position increment)

SettingUnitsSize of
    1 step
    Steps to
    span a block
    low202.5 cm20
    default101.25 cm40
    high50.625 cm80
    veryhigh10.125 cm400

1 setp unit = 0.125 cm

setl (SET Length increment)

SettingUnitsSize of
    1 step
    Steps to
    span a block
    low2010 cm5
    default105 cm10
    high52.5 cm20
    veryhigh10.5 cm100

1 setl unit = 0.5 cm (= 4 x setp unit)

setr (SET Rotation increment)

SettingUnitsAngleSteps for 90°
    low4545°2
    default1515°6
    high518
    veryhigh190

1 setr unit = 1°

Plank thickness: 2 x setp default steps = 2,5 cm.

• What are you using to make the assumption of a block being .5m^3 ?
    I mean...it's probably correct or close but I wouldn't mind knowing what the official block size is.

Die normal Blocksize is 0,5 m or 50 cm, if you meant that.

Maximum lenght of a woodplank or beam is 3m. Every step you shorten the lenght is 5 cm less.

@MiwarreThanks. :) I didn't know the "setl" so far.

But I don't understand what you mean with "setr" and steps for 90°. 2 steps to get 90° of a circle or what do you mean?

• One (semi-)official source for the 50cm block size might be this one (but I was actually remembering a different one, probably in English).

EDIT: sorry, @Deirdre, but your explanation using the plank max length either looks circular or simply postpones the issue: yes, assuming the plank max length is 3 m, it is possible to deduct the block size from it; still that assumption has to be grounded somehow...

• Thanks for posting this! Do you know if there are ways of resizing blocks? I understand that block dimension is uniform across all block types and that block size can be mimicked using altered dimensions of beams, and even planks to an extent, but I wasn't sure if there are similar console commands for blocks.

• But I don't understand what you mean with "setr" and steps for 90°. 2 steps to get 90° of a circle or what do you mean?

Sorry for being so late, I didn't notice your last question when you posted it! What I mean is that, in order to rotate a piece by 90°, as many steps are required for each setr setting level

Thanks for posting this! Do you know if there are ways of resizing blocks? I understand that block dimension is uniform across all block types and that block size can be mimicked using altered dimensions of beams, and even planks to an extent, but I wasn't sure if there are similar console commands for blocks.

As far as I know, no, blocks cannot be resized. In fact, they are a kind of 'unit measure' for anything else. Developers have repeated that the building system is being reworked and will be the topic of a future update; there have been suspects that this update will allow bocks to be resized, but so far nothing is certain.

• As far as I know, no, blocks cannot be resized. In fact, they are a kind of 'unit measure' for anything else. Developers have repeated that the building system is being reworked and will be the topic of a future update; there have been suspects that this update will allow bocks to be resized, but so far nothing is certain.

Okay, thanks for clarifying! It makes sense to have some rule of thumb measurement, but at the same time it'd be great to create an even greater array of building options.

• scalable and rotatable blocks are intended but they will be construction objects that look like blocks therefore will not have the same limitations of the block grid. This will likely happen sometime next year when the construction system is improved.

I am really really reeeeeeeeaaallllllyyyyyyyyy looking forward to this so I can start building nice looking stuff out of tiny blocks and also houses built at any angle. :)

• This is maths I see. ^^ What I meant is every side of a block (block has a cube form) has 0,5 m from every side I have a look at it.
    I didn't see it in any mathematical form. :D

I suspected this, but given the the above discussion about the 'actual' block size, I preferred to be explicit. Anyway, the important is to understand each other...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!