[Script]Area Protection 3.0 NEW

• eitherway when the new AP plugin comes out I would think that the creator could write a small extra script to convert the old db file to the new format for the plugin. Shouldn't be that hard to write an extra script that would read the old db file and output it in the new format.

They both can use the same old DB file so its a matter of just copy your old DB to your new Java protection folder location, thats if the new protection use's the same table names, if new tables are added, that can be done very simple with one simple line of code.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I have a problem...whenever I make an area, the previuos one Disaperars.

as i said in my message on steam oO did you look at the Protection database to see if it had in fact deleted it? i ask because if you over lap the sides or top and bottom of the zones with the zone its inside then strange things start to happen, like areas seem not to be there anymore oO when placing a area inside another area never overlap.

if that's not the case then i would be testing your hdd or ssd drive for faults, sometimes when a drive is about to fail it can do strange things like this.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Edited once, last by yahgiggle ().

• A bump to let everyone know the script has been updated

A note to all server owners Please update this script ASAP, it fix's a bug that could cause a problem if not updated

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Can't understand. In some reason a command "/makemyarea areaname" does not return anything. I can use "/createarea areaname". But it only creates an area without adding me as an Owner. Then I can do nothing with the area when I'm still not admin. Can't dig, can't remove an area, can't add myself as an Owner. When I make myself admin I can do more. But what should other players do? What do I do wrong? Seems like griefers can come to a server and create areas which no one can use

And another one question. When I used a command "/selectarea" and changed my decision of creating an area, what should I do to get rid of red squares?

I have to be sorry. May be all theese questions have their answers above in this topic. But I'm not english-speaking and it's very difficult to me to read and understand.

• Can't understand. In some reason a command "/makemyarea areaname" does not return anything. I can use "/createarea areaname". But it only creates an area without adding me as an Owner. Then I can do nothing with the area when I'm still not admin. Can't dig, can't remove an area, can't add myself as an Owner. When I make myself admin I can do more. But what should other players do? What do I do wrong? Seems like griefers can come to a server and create areas which no one can use

And another one question. When I used a command "/selectarea" and changed my decision of creating an area, what should I do to get rid of red squares?

I have to be sorry. May be all theese questions have their answers above in this topic. But I'm not english-speaking and it's very difficult to me to read and understand.

this is because your missing the next steep you need to also add your self or another player to the area like /addplayertoarea Owner 88le88 or /addplayertoarea Admin 88le88 once the main area has been made the owner can then use /makemyarea areaname and because he owns that area he is auto added to that new area inside his area, only admins and area owners can make new areas BTW so other users cannot make areas with out been added to an area first, if you dont want them to make areas inside a area then do /addplayertoarea Friend username

if you need to cancel the area type /cancelarea but if you have done everything right then the selected area should go on its own once you have named it, note when adding users you need to be inside the new area you want to add them too or it wont work

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Could you see what do I do step by step and tell me where I'm wrong?

First i type /selectarea
    I can see red squares. Its ok, I choose the size and I enter into red area. (If i type /cancelarea - red squares does not desappear!!!)
    Then I try to type /addplayertoarea Owner 88le88 and it says "You must enter the area first". But I stand inside the area.
    Only when I type /createarea Name - area appears. But without the Owner. Here i can type /addplayertoarea Owner 88le88 and it works but only when make myself an Admin on the server.
    If I'm not Admin it says here that I don't have rights.

And as a result any player can create an "empty area" without Owner. He can't add himself to area. And we have protected area that no one can use.

Where am I wrong?

As I understood, only Admin can make somebody an owner of first area. But how can I forbid players to create those "empty areas"?

And is there a way to cancel red squares when i desided not to create an area? (as I told before a comand /cancelarea doesn't work)

• yes that is one of the problems with this script. but even if they make the "unusable" area they can't use it thus no harm for you (unless they create them all over the server). Our bet is that most players don't know the commands to create areas XD

• if your not an admin then you shouldn't be able to make an area at all oO if your able to make one then that's a bug :rolleyes: because lua is not supported by the game any longer and will be removed there will soon be a new java protection plugin, i would wait for that and then install it. in the mean time ill look at the script and if its a simple fix ill fix it but if not then this is something your have to put up with till the new plugin

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • ok i looked at the script and fixed the problem with any user making new areas and also the /cancelarea should work now

Please update and test then let me know how it goes :rolleyes:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Edited once, last by yahgiggle ().

• ok i looked at the script and fixed the problem with any user making new areas and also the /cancelarea should work now

Please update and test then let me know how it goes :rolleyes:

Thank you very much for job! Yes now /cancelarea works. And common player can only /selectarea but he can't create it.

• Hello, would it be possible to add to the log what the player name is doing also as the command he just did ?
    ex: [LUA][AreaProtection 3.0]: [player: MJMINFO] PlayerConstructionDestroy: 4

as it will be easier to stop people from griefing as we will have proof if ban is needed

thanks
    Cheers

• hey when i tried to use ur 3.0 area Protection my sever just keeps restarting over and over i wounding if any one can help me fix that

have not had anyone else with this problem before oO what folder have you put the script into ?

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Hello, would it be possible to add to the log what the player name is doing also as the command he just did ?
    ex: [LUA][AreaProtection 3.0]: [player: MJMINFO] PlayerConstructionDestroy: 4

as it will be easier to stop people from griefing as we will have proof if ban is needed

thanks
    Cheers

block protection has a log sort of lol it need more work so waiting for API updates before i can do that, but in the mean time it sort of works, if users place unwanted blocks all you need to to is remove that block and a message will display in chat who placed the block, of cause it will only log user info after you install the block protection plugin any blocks before that wont have been logged.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!