[Script]Area Protection 3.0 NEW

• Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but when creating a claim, DO NOT include apostrophe (e.g. Jugg's Claim). If you do, claim will be created, but not listed in database (will not show up using /arealist) .. when you reboot server, claim will disappear. I repeat, DO NOT use apostrophe. :)

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• I was using this on my server and it is great. But is there a maximum amount of areas? Suddenly all the areas are the same name and the permissions are all messed up?

I looked that database before this and it looked like the database was intact but the last place I protected was not entered in the database. Deleting the last area I made then restarting my server fixed it.

I know it is not supported because of LUA but I really really like this type of routine rather than chest protection and autoarea. Is there a Java that mimics this?

• don't know why it happens but just restarting the server seems to clear it up and correct everything.

I was using this on my server and it is great. But is there a maximum amount of areas? Suddenly all the areas are the same name and the permissions are all messed up?

I looked that database before this and it looked like the database was intact but the last place I protected was not entered in the database. Deleting the last area I made then restarting my server fixed it.

I know it is not supported because of LUA but I really really like this type of routine rather than chest protection and autoarea. Is there a Java that mimics this?

• also a tell was I had show areas on when I selected the last one because it was close to some other areas. When I created it went from red to blackframe only. The frame went away when I hide areas. I did not notice the issue with names but I have admin rights everywhere and when the owner came on he could not get into his doors.. and the names of the areas were all the last one I made.

• I have well over 100 claims and do not ever see this problem. The only problem I discovered with AP3.0 is that if the name has an apostrophe, it will allow you to create the claim and it appears in the lower left corner when you walk into it, BUT it does not list in the DB (e.g. /arealist). If you restart the server, the claim with apostrophe will disappear, leaving the area unprotected. So do not use apostrophes in name. :)

Also, instead of rebooting the server, try: reloadplugins command in the console (although not sure if this will help seeing AP3.0 is a script, not a plugin .. hmm)

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• It has happened to me a couple of times. Just shut the server down and restart it and all seems to be well from what I have seen. The script is old and needs to be ported over to java. I think there are several versions being worked ok ATM.

• Thanks for the advice. It did not corrupt the database. I was just worried we had some sort of overflow issue. It was acute today because I was not at home but using a laptop and did not have the password for my server to reset it or the sqldatabase program to fix the database should it have become corrupt. In any case I managed to get it restarted and the database was not corrupt after I deleted the last location.

Thanks for verifying that I can have more areas. I just have 31 right now.

On thinking about the naming thing I did have a common name Market and Marketspawn. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. knock on wood :saint:

• you can use - _ and ( ) but I would refrain from anything else. general rule is no punctuation. Also it does not handle 2 part names when assigning ownership. "jon doe" can not be used but "jon_doe" can be used when assigning ownership of the claim. So players entering the game with 2 and 3 part names have to change there names if they want a claim.

• you can use - _ and ( ) but I would refrain from anything else. general rule is no punctuation. Also it does not handle 2 part names when assigning ownership. "jon doe" can not be used but "jon_doe" can be used when assigning ownership of the claim. So players entering the game with 2 and 3 part names have to change there names if they want a claim.

Ya I learned the two name thing early as it took it but would not execute the protections.

• "Must be a database conflict issue Wonder if it is ABM"

I do occasionally get ABM java errors, and in the event I get a server crash, although rare, the logs point to ABM as suspect (v70 latest).

• I have been having npc dummies lock my player up and crash the game and not let my player back into the server until I go into the world db and move my player. If you have caves or rooms below where the dummies are, they can fall through the floors too. I have been removing the npcdummies from my server because of this and the server is stabilizing.

• probably one of your admins is putting special characters in the names :D

• I was the admin that set the claim and the only thing I used was ( and ) in the name and all of our claims have that in them. I only allow _-() in the names of our claims. It might be 1 of my admins doing something wrong I don't know. all I know is that I have had 2 claims that I know of disappear and the 1 today had been there for a week before it disappeared.

• This only happens to me if an apostrophe is used in the claim name (claim is created fine, but disappears after reboot). If you /arealist you will notice it doesn't get listed in database.
    Don't use apostrophes, not sure which other special character does this, but chances are some do the same. Spaces are fine, avoid special characters (I've done it a few times, adding an apostrophe s at the end) .. it will disappear every time).

• The special characters that are not allowed in area names are the characters used by SQL to mean something else these are %, &, *, ', ", ; and probably a few more I can't recall atm :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!