[Script]Area Protection 3.0 NEW

    • Englisch
    • Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but when creating a claim, DO NOT include apostrophe (e.g. Jugg's Claim). If you do, claim will be created, but not listed in database (will not show up using /arealist) .. when you reboot server, claim will disappear. I repeat, DO NOT use apostrophe. :)
      "The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."
    • I was using this on my server and it is great. But is there a maximum amount of areas? Suddenly all the areas are the same name and the permissions are all messed up?

      I looked that database before this and it looked like the database was intact but the last place I protected was not entered in the database. Deleting the last area I made then restarting my server fixed it.

      I know it is not supported because of LUA but I really really like this type of routine rather than chest protection and autoarea. Is there a Java that mimics this?

      Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von angriff ()

    • don't know why it happens but just restarting the server seems to clear it up and correct everything.


      angriff schrieb:

      I was using this on my server and it is great. But is there a maximum amount of areas? Suddenly all the areas are the same name and the permissions are all messed up?

      I looked that database before this and it looked like the database was intact but the last place I protected was not entered in the database. Deleting the last area I made then restarting my server fixed it.

      I know it is not supported because of LUA but I really really like this type of routine rather than chest protection and autoarea. Is there a Java that mimics this?
    • sharkbitefischer schrieb:

      don't know why it happens but just restarting the server seems to clear it up and correct everything.


      angriff schrieb:

      I was using this on my server and it is great. But is there a maximum amount of areas? Suddenly all the areas are the same name and the permissions are all messed up?

      I looked that database before this and it looked like the database was intact but the last place I protected was not entered in the database. Deleting the last area I made then restarting my server fixed it.

      I know it is not supported because of LUA but I really really like this type of routine rather than chest protection and autoarea. Is there a Java that mimics this?
      What is interesting one of my locked npc dummies disappear when that happened not sure if it is related.
    • also a tell was I had show areas on when I selected the last one because it was close to some other areas. When I created it went from red to blackframe only. The frame went away when I hide areas. I did not notice the issue with names but I have admin rights everywhere and when the owner came on he could not get into his doors.. and the names of the areas were all the last one I made.
    • I have well over 100 claims and do not ever see this problem. The only problem I discovered with AP3.0 is that if the name has an apostrophe, it will allow you to create the claim and it appears in the lower left corner when you walk into it, BUT it does not list in the DB (e.g. /arealist). If you restart the server, the claim with apostrophe will disappear, leaving the area unprotected. So do not use apostrophes in name. :)

      Also, instead of rebooting the server, try: reloadplugins command in the console (although not sure if this will help seeing AP3.0 is a script, not a plugin .. hmm)
      "The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."
    • Thanks for the advice. It did not corrupt the database. I was just worried we had some sort of overflow issue. It was acute today because I was not at home but using a laptop and did not have the password for my server to reset it or the sqldatabase program to fix the database should it have become corrupt. In any case I managed to get it restarted and the database was not corrupt after I deleted the last location.

      Thanks for verifying that I can have more areas. I just have 31 right now.

      On thinking about the naming thing I did have a common name Market and Marketspawn. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. knock on wood :saint:
    • you can use - _ and ( ) but I would refrain from anything else. general rule is no punctuation. Also it does not handle 2 part names when assigning ownership. "jon doe" can not be used but "jon_doe" can be used when assigning ownership of the claim. So players entering the game with 2 and 3 part names have to change there names if they want a claim.

      Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von sharkbitefischer ()

    • sharkbitefischer schrieb:

      you can use - _ and ( ) but I would refrain from anything else. general rule is no punctuation. Also it does not handle 2 part names when assigning ownership. "jon doe" can not be used but "jon_doe" can be used when assigning ownership of the claim. So players entering the game with 2 and 3 part names have to change there names if they want a claim.
      Ya I learned the two name thing early as it took it but would not execute the protections.