Faster Furnace Loading

• I did not find this subject with a search, so I thought I would add it. I sure would like to see a faster way to load ore into the furnaces. Something like a "Shift-Click" or something to put all of the ore currently selected into the furnace in one move. It just takes to long to fill your furnace (especially the large ones). I get the "realism" aspect, but this really takes too long IMO.

• Oh well, it is always surprising how different peoples see things with different perspective. To me furnace loading is already too simple and "quick-and-dirty"!

For instance, you can put and remove ores while the furnace is burning, and there is no cool down time (which in the reality lasts for hours and sometimes for days); also, the smelting time seems too short, but I have no solid figures on that.

There is also to consider if timing should be compared to a fixed scaling of the real time or to the time rate set in the simulation. IIUC, currently, operations last a fixed amount regardless of the simulation time rate; this applies to many things: smelting time, vegetation growth, hunger/thirst increase, etc.

• Yeah, I was going to post that these furnaces are still at the bottom of the barrel that we'll be able to tech up to bigger & better things, such as some automated furnaces, or even NPCs recruited to tend to these tasks in Medieval era while machinery tends to such in modern era. I hope there's nothing too crazy in modern era because I keep being off-put by high tech machinery mods in Minecraft Feed The Beast Modpack because of how lazy tend to become.

The ingots also seem to be right in the middle (in a sweet spot) of smelting. Did a few just a few days ago trying to build up my Niska HQ, yet became bored because no NPC or friend interaction. I'm now curious how it'll convert into railway tracks, among other accessories.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!