Changelog 2016-10-17: Full release of the new Plugin API

• Everything shall be fixed in time. Awesome. As long as Red51 is aware of the bugs they'll get squished in time and when humanly possible.

Nice! Glad you have that pinned down, yet now waiting for the day it'll behave itself 100% of the time as it's one of a neat feature that even Minecraft doesn't have. Shall be sweet when Saloon doors don't tantrum.

Waiting to see what you have planned for the banisters. I think I'll have to play around with how the banisters guide staircases & such.

------------

Also, I do hope you'll allow us to make man-made gravel (unlimited amount) to make gravel roadways, or something similar, for the dungeons update. The pond types only gives you so much. That's still a big thing, more so when horses come along. Rising World is just one of those games giving use to things you wouldn't in Minecraft by making loam & actual gravel roads. It's awesome.

• With regards to gravel, what if in the future we could use the sledgehammer to produce it when we flatten stone or crush broken/dropped blocks? Right now, the only two ways that I know to get gravel are via mining it at water basins, and mining personally laid down gravel. Eleven pieces of gravel (all I had) gave me fourteen this way, so theoretically, 110 pieces of gravel could give you 140.

Or, maybe it could be generated via the block bench. One stone could equal a few pieces of gravel.

I prefer both the sledgehammer and the block bench methods.

• So you mean something like a way to place gravel to create gravel paths?

More like having a way to break up stone into what you have gravel as now so we can have unlimited amounts by using various types of hammers, machinery, and such to produce gravel. There's both natural & man-made gravel with USA being the leader in gravel roads, next to Russia having the most used in roadways. It's up to you if you want to add (visual) variety to gravel, yet what we have now would be fine, just a simple way to crush them with tools.

If we can have a specialized pickaxe, hammer, and/or machinery to crush various types of stone types then that's fine. If it resorts to using a bench then make it a rock crushing type machine with a hopper for stone to drop in & gravel to pop out somewhere in a filter/scooper thingy.

This should do nicely for when horses, camels, and donkeys come along so we can have defined pathways for them to traverse long distances with a natural pathway made. No blocky Minecraft mess, just adaptable roadways. Basically what 'Darwin_Blackwolf' mentioned, and something I brought up before in the suggestion thread on here, and a few times on the steam forums. It's an important feature when considering roads & transportation.

• @ArcticuKitsu & @Darwin_Blackwolf: Oh actually we have a way in mind to turn rocks into gravel, it's just not implemented yet ^^ But I guess it won't take too long.

@george1979k: Thanks ;) Unfortunately we haven't touched the lighting below 0 issue, since it requires some deeper changes in order to work :| It's still on our list though

A new update is now available which should fix most of the bugs out there :) Multiplayer servers need to be updated. If you still encounter any issues, please let us know.

• [Change] Adjusted sound for minipigs
    • [Bugfix] Fixed trees not getting removed properly
    • [Bugfix] Fixed world only loading very slow when teleporting
    • [Bugfix] Fixed missing blueprint preview images
    • [Bugfix] Fixed missing text for "GuiLabel" elements
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue which prevented you from shearing sheeps in certain situations
    • [Bugfix] Fixed some sound issues
    • [Bugfix] Fixed a crash when creating a model without collision (API)
    • [Bugfix] JDK path "plugin_jdk_path" in the config file to compile plugins on the fly works properly now
    • [Bugfix] Adjusted spawn position of tree logs when removing the stump
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue with plugins not working properly in multiplayer when a player disconnects and reconnects
  • I've been enjoying this game for nearly 500 hours worth, so it's about time I spoke up to thank you for what you're doing, Red. This week's releases have really spurred me on.

All these features and bug fixes convince me that Rising World has a bright future. I just got my first test plugins working and you're already moving ahead.

Keep it up, but don't work yourself to death. You're entitled to take a breath now and then. :D

• I was Informed by Yahgiggle that is Possible to make Your own Vehicle with the api?? all you have to do is lock to your screen. that sounds awesome

Basically it is possible to implement vehicles with the API, although implementing drivable cars (which adapt to the terrain etc) would be very complicated. It's easier to implement a vehicle which just drives a fixed route, e.g. a train, or a ferry. However, it's still some work to get that running ;)
    If you just want to implement a vehicle for decoration, it would be very easy instead (basically just importing a 3d model)

• I was Informed by Yahgiggle that is Possible to make Your own Vehicle with the api?? all you have to do is lock to your screen. that sounds awesome

yeah i don't see why not if you use a 3d model of a car and have that model update with your player cords then it would seem like a car

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • @ArcticuKitsu & @Darwin_Blackwolf: Oh actually we have a way in mind to turn rocks into gravel, it's just not implemented yet ^^ But I guess it won't take too long.

Nice! I hope we can end up using it in the near future so I can also remove the dirt pathways with gravel. I'll have to repave my roadways with gravel. Can't wait for it now that you have a plan for it. Good luck with it!

Edit: Would it be too much to ask to add in orange, dark orange, darker green & such to make a pumpkin structure in Rising World? Probably too late by now to make it for Halloween.

• A small update is available which finally fixes some respawn issues in multiplayer and also some plugin-related problems when a player disconnects. Multiplayer servers also need to be updated ;)

• That's both frustrating, if now hilarious that I know what happened. I was harvesting cotton to populate the storage crate of my medical building with cotton, cloth, & hemp, yet when I harvested cotton from the cotton plant it turned into a watermelon.

My loom also disappeared when I placed it. Saloon doors also locked up on me again in single player heh.

• Well, thanks to this new API it's awesome that we can mess about with objects happily. Messing about with 'Simplecars' has me seeing the potential of both Rising World & the plugin world that we can have both boats & airships/planes roaming about the world, if in a very glitchy manner.

If you're in command of a boat or plane then it would be straight forward, yet you'd have to set the boat at water level & airship/plane at a higher level where it won't hit objects. Not sure how reliable that would be when I'm finding the cars in 'SimpleCars' to be highly shaky, even hurting your health at times when you hover over the terrain. You spazz out too much when the vehicle is moving.

The potential is there to have airships & planes, and I'm amused by it. Just find a nice airship model, script it properly, then have it wander off into the distance with the player in control. Maybe not with other players (as mentioned by Red51 through movement complexities & such), but with a scripted function of a storage capacity borrowing from a big crate, or something.

It be awesome if cars could react to the terrain, as well as any 'flying' vehicles to ascend & descend so Movecraft could be made obsolete in Minecraft. :P

• since yesterday i get a lot of problems when tryig to acces my favorite multiplayer server. Lots off java errors when trying to load the server.

Error1:

Error2:

Seems there is something with the new api implementation?
    Also seems the game is using an old java version (v8 u91 vs latest v8 u112)?

EDIT: i have fresh installed windows and all driver, installed basic software (firefox, musicplayer,...) -> didnt instal java (hate it to have installed it on my pc, same as flash).

PC specs:

• An extension to Lonelobos bug report :)

This error seems also related to the bug when a player log into a server and they cant move even though the world is loaded around them.
    also after teleporting it happens sometimes that a player cant move.

Error 1 happens at login
    Error 2 after being in the world after a fresh login or teleport.

It looks like the error happens when player character is spawned in an area (like login in game or teleporting) and the game cant figure out the collisions of terrain then freaks out over it.

To troubleshoot
    -i've taken off the only plugin out (guestbook example)
    just incase its a collisions bug with models or the api in general
    no changes to client problem

-Multiple server restarts
    no changes

on one rare occasion the server was able to pick up on 1 instance of client crash
    this is what it catched in console and log

Thats one of the occasions that lonelobo crashed, the few other crashes wasn't caught by the server-side log

Server running JDK and JRE java8 update 111 64bit
    loading world off of SSD sql database
    and lonelobos ping is around 75 ms so no slowdown on loading the world either

I dont know what else i could do server-side ?(
    Lonelobo is not the only one stuck after teleporting several players had that happen after teleporting or login in.
    no word from them if they crashed soon after. :/

• Thanks @Lonelobo and @SilverSatin for the information and the logs! :) It's a clientside issue, so unfortunately nothing that can be done serverside. It's caused by the physics engine, and it happens especially when there are many animals in the world. We'll do some changes to the game, so this issue might be fixed with the next update I guess. In addition, we will add a command to reload the physics (this helps when someone gets stuck for no apparent reason), just in case the issue still occurs after the update. The next update will be available in a few days ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!