GPS Plug-in for world navigation and self-locating

• yup it was just that (double gps) :whistling:
    also just tested it on the new 0.8.1.2 and all seems fine

1 question:
    when i submit a wp to others can i just submit 1 or can i submit more then 1 ? as I've not been able to submit more then 1

• yup it was just that (double gps) :whistling:
    also just tested it on the new 0.8.1.2 and all seems fine

Great! Thanks for reporting.

1 question:
    when i submit a wp to others can i just submit 1 or can i submit more then 1 ? as I've not been able to submit more then 1

One at a time. This is by design, partly to make management easier, partly to brake somewhat the WP 'flooding' one could expect if, say, 20 users shares all their 15 WP each: the list to browse would be 300 WP long!

• Hi there ;D

So I have make a german translation from the messages from the great plugin ;D

Edit: So I have update to the new version of gps, the is not working. When I give gps in the chat, comes nothing. Hmm .. I search the log file, but can not found this. Must I defined in the server properties this to on for a log file ?

Have a nice Day ;D

Tschööö

Bogus

Edited once, last by Bogus ().

• @Bogus: thanks for the German translation! :D

About the issue you are having:

1) Does at least the small HUD with the current coordinates show up regularly?

2) Did you install also the required RWGui library plug-in?

3) Did you by chance install BOTH an older AND the latest version? As discussed above, this is likely to raise problems.

4) The log:

- With the Single Player version, the log is called info and is in the main RW folder, where the risingworld.jar also is.
    - With the Dedicated multi-player Server, there is one main log in the main server folder which, at least in Linux, is called screenlog.0 and a folder called Logs with the logs of each server session in chronological order.

• I follow the example of Bogus and have it in Italian translated. Maybe it is useful <=== Googel translator :thumbup:

LG
    TESTENDO aka Maurizio

• Hi there ;D

Ok, I have all check, now run all nice. The fault was my, the ui plugin was in a wrong folder ..

But can you make, when I go over the Icons, I can see what is the function from the option ? So is very dificult ..

• Ok, I have all check, now run all nice. The fault was my, the ui plugin was in a wrong folder ..

Good!

But can you make, when I go over the Icons, I can see what is the function from the option ? So is very dificult ..

The API has no way to attach a tooltip to the cursor, but I'll see what can be done. Thanks for the suggestion.

• a small question/comment, why when I try to use "/gps goto X" (where X an integer for the waypoint I want to use) the GUI pops up instead of me being teleported to the waypoint I selected? I find that a bit annoying since I don't want to have to click 100 buttons to get somewhere, typing a single line is much faster. Do you intend it to work that way and if yes would you consider changing it so that when I type "/gps" alone the GUI pops up but when I type "/gps goto X" I get teleported without the GUI popping up?

• a small question/comment, why when I try to use "/gps goto X" (where X an integer for the waypoint I want to use) the GUI pops up instead of me being teleported to the waypoint I selected?

As the description in the top of thread post says, /gps is the only command; it displays the GUI and from there everything is done via the GUI.

I find that a bit annoying since I don't want to have to click 100 buttons to get somewhere, typing a single line is much faster.

Typing a single line is surely faster, if you get it right at first; if you misremember the numbers (and get teleported who knows where), or make a typo or whatever, you have to redo it again.

If you frequent several multi-player servers or you have several single-player local worlds, you would have to remember the indices of each WP of each world. Sure, it would be possible to add another command to list the WP. Then one would start to need to remember the syntax and the orthography of each command and so on. I prefer to get out of all this.

As there are 15 WP's + Home and the GUI is circular, a WP is at most 8 clicks away (if one has used all the slots up) + plus one on the "Go to" button. It isn't so long...

Do you intend it to work that way and if yes would you consider changing it so that when I type "/gps" alone the GUI pops up but when I type "/gps goto X" I get teleported without the GUI popping up?

Well, my plan is to stick to the GUI, without duplicating existing functions via additional chat commands.

• Quote from Miwarre

As there are 15 WP's + Home and the GUI is circular, a WP is at most 8 clicks away (if one has used all the slots up) + plus one on the "Go to" button. It isn't so long...

that is 8 clicks more than necessary for a computational engineer XD but I understand that most people would find the GUI way easier to use. I was just asking if we can have both options, either use the GUI or use the command /gps goto X (which I am sure existed until a few versions ago of your plugin)

• A nice feature IMO would be the capability for the "Owner" of a shared WP to be able to remove the shared WP from the "global/shared" list. The added ability for an "admin" to remove any "global/shared" WP would be nice too.

• A nice feature IMO would be the capability for the "Owner" of a shared WP to be able to remove the shared WP from the "global/shared" list. The added ability for an "admin" to remove any "global/shared" WP would be nice too.

Please see here a proposal I made a few days ago; in fact, I am thinking about removing the shared WP's feature altogether...

• Ah wasn't tracking that other thread....

Not trying to dictate what you want to do with your plugins a all, but a couple of observations/opinions:

- I basically feel that any "shared wp's/tp's global lists" should be managed by admins only or the lists could get out of hand and unmanageable. Although the "Teleport" plugin list is restricted to Admins, it also is not really "manageable" by Admins (only a "remove" tp and this renumbers all the tp's which is undesirable) and I do not see the author working the plugin any further.

- I do think an ability for a player to share a wp directly with a "Friend" would be a good feature for this gps plugin.

- I like the "Player Track" option you are thinking about. Potentially with a "Player Goto"?

You may want to move this reply to your other thread.

• A couple of other suggestions:

- Display the players list of WP's as a vertical clickable list (probably more than one column) versus a horizontal scrolling list with the "Goto Button".

- Add a "Help" button that will display the images that you have on the original post (#1) in another window.

I am loving this plugin!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!