GPS Plug-in for world navigation and self-locating

• Hello !
    Thank's for the great work. The GUI is a nice add.

Here is the french translation of this plugin

Code
    locale=fr_FR

But, I tried to replace example file "messages_fr_FR.properties" on my server, change the settings.properties to match with the code above, restart the server, but the text is not translated. Is it because UTF8 characters in file (é,à, …) ?

• Is it possible to see the source code for this plugin? I could try to reverse engineer the jar, but I'd appreciate sharing the source code so others can learn how you did it and even improve upon it (it is CC licensed after all).

• I doubt these plugins are in fact under the CC licence. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that any of the common CC, ShareALike or GNU rules obligatorily apply.

But if the developer is nice enough they might share the code :)

Though considering Miwarre has been away for quite a long time, I think it would take you less time to reverse engineer the jar that to wait for his answer.

• I doubt these plugins are in fact under the CC licence. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that any of the common CC, ShareALike or GNU rules obligatorily apply.

But if the developer is nice enough they might share the code :)

Though considering Miwarre has been away for quite a long time, I think it would take you less time to reverse engineer the jar that to wait for his answer.

This is the content of the GPS's plugin.yaml file :

Code
    name: GPS
    main: com.vistamaresoft.gps.Gps
    version: 1.3.1
    author: Maurizio M. Gavioli aka Miwarre
    team: VistaMare Software
    description: "To aid the player in world navigation and positioning.
    Allows to set a home point and up to 15 waypoints; displays current
    player position and optionally distance and radial to home/waypoint."
    license: Creative Common by-sa

Notice the CC license

• oh ok if he actually put it there then it holds true, I meant it in the broader sense that not all plugins are by default under that license ;)

• Any idea what this is? The GPS is working... I get the little degrees and numbers for N and E and the height but not the nice little gui.

• bug in Miwarre's RWGUI plugin, has been there for ages, doesn't cause any problems just ignore it :)

• But it doesn't give me the GUI which is mainly why I wanted it. This stinks :( I was on a server that had it and the GUI worked there so not sure why it won't come up on mine. Thanks for the reply :)

• But it doesn't give me the GUI which is mainly why I wanted it. This stinks :( I was on a server that had it and the GUI worked there so not sure why it won't come up on mine. Thanks for the reply :)

FYI the RWGUI was just updated, so if you still have the issue, you might be able to correct it now.

• I seem to be doing good with the new gps. It works fine for me with the old rwgui. didn't have enough time to test with new rwgui before I found that the rwgui had problems with pnb when I removed the new rwgui and reverted to the old.

• How can I delete a waypoint that I once shared.

If I delete this waypoint with myself it still remains in the public list. Thank you very much for your help.

The shared list cannot be modified.

I added the concept of shared waypoints for a request by someone; but it is creating more problems than solutions and in a future release of the plug-in they will be removed.

• The shared list cannot be modified.
    I added the concept of shared waypoints for a request by someone; but it is creating more problems than solutions and in a future release of the plug-in they will be removed.

Might a suggest an option to enable/disable sharing? By default it will be disabled.

• I read through, and I might have missed it, there is an issue with GPS point 15. It does not appear to work. I have asked another player to test and #15 asks for a name, and clears the name box when ENTER is pressed, yet the information is not stored to GPS point 15.

• I read through, and I might have missed it, there is an issue with GPS point 15. It does not appear to work. I have asked another player to test and #15 asks for a name, and clears the name box when ENTER is pressed, yet the information is not stored to GPS point 15.

Yes, there is a bug: the 15th WP is not stored in the DB! It will be corrected in the next release. Thanks for the report.

• This seems odd but it looks like north/south and east/west settings are swiched in the on screen read out of GPS. The east is reading south in gps and so forth. Positive is also reading negative in the readouts as compaired to the f3 readout on the first line of data.

also we have been getting this errorlog for a few days too.

errorlog_1530134442950.log
    errorlog_1530223163970.log
    errorlog_1530242434387.log
    errorlog_1530246277849.log

• This seems odd but it looks like north/south and east/west settings are swiched in the on screen read out of GPS. The east is reading south in gps and so forth.

It seems odd, but RW F3 display switches N/S and E/W indications! E/W comes first and N/W comes third (after the altitude), against all geographic habits...

Positive is also reading negative in the readouts as compaired to the f3 readout on the first line of data.

Again, RW F3 display exchanges the sign of the E/W component, as it considers W positive and E negative, again against all geographic habits.

F3 display is actually a debug display and it does not show geographic coordinates (as the GPS plug-in does), but rather the components of an oriented reference system used internally in the game and which has a different handedness from the usual geographic coordinate system(s); whence the difference. I assume that in a proper UI (rather than in a debug output mostly intended for the developers) RW would use the 'right' geographic coordinate practices too.

If you want to have GPS to show the coordinate in the RW 'native' format, set the coordNativeFormat of the "settings.properties" file to 1, instead of the default 0.

This may happen when the reloadplugins console command is used, depending on the order in which the various listeners are called (which is not constant).

It should not have any adverse effect, though, beyond spoiling the log; can you confirm?

• Hi,

I understand that development of this plugin has ceased, however I have a couple of questions.

1. Is it possible to enlarge the size of the text display? My vision isn't so good and I find it hard to read the text.

2. Is it possible to add tooltips to the GUI?

3. If you do not wish to add new features, will you release the source code so that someone else may take over the project? I don't know if I have the ability, but I would like to try adding some features.

Thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!