German forum - why?

• Hi!

I'm really liking this game, and I'm trying to find some useful informations on the forums. Last night when I tried launching the game for the first time, I was just sent to Java's website. I just installed the latest 64 bit version because I guessed that was what was causing the issue. However, I found a thread on the german forum where people talked about this afterwards, and I can see that there's a lot of threads in that forum.

I get that many people playing this game might be from Germany, but I feel like there might be some information that might be lost from the rest of the forum (like support threads), and I think that it would be much easier getting people to play this game if half of the forum didn't consist of german threads (yeah, I might have over exaggerated that bit :P)

Why not let the entire forum be English? Last night when I searched the forum for "game won't start", this thread was the one that popped up everywhere: Spiel startet nicht. - it's german :)

Seeing that most of the bad reviews on steam about this game is the fact that the game won't start, that thread would've been good to have on a language that everyone can understand :)

Get your own Rising World server today!

• Yes, for many users is very difficult to write in englisch. I think is a good way that here is german forum. Maybe comes more another languages, I have seen users they speak france, but here is no more users the can writing in france and so is very difficult to helpt this users.

If give the options from steam forums, they have only englisch. But better the dev write, why they make a german forum too .. I have very bad englisch in moment .. lol

• I definately see that there's a lot of german people playing this game, and I can also see a good reason to have the german forum section. However, I just got this feeling that a lot of activity on this forum will be german, and that would be a shame. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against german people - I'm not english myself, and I also understand some german language, but I think it will scare english speaking people from using the forum :)

• Hey @DennisMidjord

The upcoming Wiki will resolve this issue :)

It will include information on fixing common issues and much more.

Yeah, but I will almost bet my entire live savings that the Wiki won't cover every single problem (also future ones). Let's say a german guy encounters a problem - he'll start a thread about it in german. An English dude has the same problem, but since he doesn't know german, he'll have to do a new topic... It just seems redundant :)

• Yeah, but I will almost bet my entire live savings that the Wiki won't cover every single problem (also future ones). Let's say a german guy encounters a problem - he'll start a thread about it in german. An English dude has the same problem, but since he doesn't know german, he'll have to do a new topic... It just seems redundant :)

I promise you it will be worked on. :)

• About the german forum: You can disable it for yourself if you want ;) So you don't get any notifications etc. about the german part of the forum.

About the bad reviews on Steam: It appears that most of these people don't want help at all. We added everybody who said "game won't start" to our Steam contacts to solve the issue (it's a pity at all that people write a negative review instead of contacting support or visiting the forums), but most did neither accept our request, nor react to our attempts to contact them ||

Yeah, but I will almost bet my entire live savings that the Wiki won't cover every single problem (also future ones). Let's say a german guy encounters a problem - he'll start a thread about it in german. An English dude has the same problem, but since he doesn't know german, he'll have to do a new topic... It just seems redundant :)

Why does it seems redundant???
    The programmer of the game can not guess which problem everybody has.
    If a german guy has the problem,he will ask his question in the german forum. But a lot of German guy's also ask questions in english forums.

So if you have a problem,you can ask it in the english forum and some ppl will help you.The programmers are doing hard work,that every body can have what he want. But don't forget,it is an alpha version,and before you buy the game,it is written down on steam :)

• Why does it seems redundant???
    The programmer of the game can not guess which problem everybody has.
    If a german guy has the problem,he will ask his question in the german forum. But a lot of German guy's also ask questions in english forums.

So if you have a problem,you can ask it in the english forum and some ppl will help you.The programmers are doing hard work,that every body can have what he want. But don't forget,it is an alpha version,and before you buy the game,it is written down on steam :)

My post wasn't supposed to have something to do with bugs :P I know it's early access, and people who are complaining about bugs in those kinds of games are plain stupid :)

By redundant I meant that if a problem has already been posted once, it seems stupid to post it again in another language :)

• Maybe the devs just need to install more language packs into the forums? I assume they are used to translate from one language to the other? I could be wrong.

• Maybe the devs just need to install more language packs into the forums? I assume they are used to translate from one language to the other? I could be wrong.

No translation is done on the forums for posts.

• please don´t worry, the important threads are mostly written in english and in the right forums, so "only english" do not miss some infos....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!