[plugin]BlockPlacer (world edit replacement oO)

• I have a little problem, the plugin is in the plugin folder, but was not loaded from the game. What I make wrong ?

do your files look like this in the RW directory? if not the plugin will not work

plugins <---folder
    ---BlockPlacer <---folder inside plugins
    ------blockplacer.jar <---jar file

• Just a bump to let everyone know /delete (blocks, land, obj, veg, con, or abs ) now works, you don't need to update your script as i had done the code before the api was updated

Greetings !!
    I'm trying to delete some beams to test the plugin, but I'm not getting it.
    I first typed "/ select area". It worked. However, when I select the beams and type "/delete obj", nothing happens. ?(

• beams are not objects, they are construction elements, thus you would need to type /delete con

• grass is part of the terrain not the vegetation so I would assume not. Unless @yahgiggle has explicitly told it to erase grass too.

• I came back. I tried "/select area" > "/delete con", but it did not work with the beams I tried to delete.

well then that is something for @yahgiggle to answer. Maybe the plugin has some bugs. :D

• Be sure you are including the entire beam as the actual select location for a beam may not be the first block it exists in. Other than that, I'd have to refer to Yahgiggle.

• Be sure you are including the entire beam as the actual select location for a beam may not be the first block it exists in. Other than that, I'd have to refer to Yahgiggle.

Thanks for suggesting, but I had done this in previous attempts, I selected the full beam, I even selected an extra block down, up and to the sides.

• Hi there ;D

I have a little problem, the plugin is in the plugin folder, but was not loaded from the game. What I make wrong ?

is the folder named plugin or plugins because it should be plugins not plugin you need that S, also each plugin must be in its own folder oO then reset your server to load it.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Thanks for suggesting, but I had done this in previous attempts, I selected the full beam, I even selected an extra block down, up and to the sides.

ok i tested planks and they worked fine but did not test beams oO lol beams and planks are the same thing both should be deleted with /delete con

i will look into this but maybe there is a api bug or a bug in my code you could also try /delete abs

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Thank you for the update and good to hear we finally have a fully functional worldedit plugin :P A small suggestion, would you consider adding a small prefix to your commands like /bp or /blockplacer just in case commands like /select or /place are used by other plugins scripts? (see text below)

when making the script i had the idea of adding /bp to every command because the prefix i used may conflict with other plugins later on but then im like well adding /pb to every command is going to cause more problems than it solves, for every extra /pb line i add i would need to code in error reporting oO this makes no sense, i tend to think that i was the first to use the prefix 's so if anyone wrights a new script they need to come up with there own prefix 's that don't conflict with my script.

/selectarea or /select or /select area <---- are somewhat used by other things but they all do the same thing it would not matter if the code for select read from the protection script was then used to /delete con or what ever, you can even use a blueprint in your hand to select the area and then use the chat to use /delete con

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Edited 2 times, last by yahgiggle ().

• /selectarea or /select or /select area <---- are somewhat used by other things but they all do the same thing it would not matter if the code for select read from the protection script was then used to /delete con or what ever, you can even use a blueprint in your hand to select the area and then use the chat to use /delete con

I still see this as an potential issue. If two plugins/scripts are both using say /selectarea and then only one of them gets a command to use the area selected (like /delete con), the other plugin/script is left hanging waiting for what to do with the selected area. Not sure then what would happen if you do another /selectarea and do like a /createarea, would possibly the AP script use the originally selected area and now the BP plugin is left hanging... etc.

Seems like it would be very important to use definitively distinct commands. If something like "/bp select, etc." is difficult, would using something like "/bpselect (no space)" be easier?

• I still see this as an potential issue. If two plugins/scripts are both using say /selectarea and then only one of them gets a command to use the area selected (like /delete con), the other plugin/script is left hanging waiting for what to do with the selected area. Not sure then what would happen if you do another /selectarea and do like a /createarea, would possibly the AP script use the originally selected area and now the BP plugin is left hanging... etc.
    Seems like it would be very important to use definitively distinct commands. If something like "/bp select, etc." is difficult, would using something like "/bpselect (no space)" be easier?

plugins don't get left hanging they are much like a book, they read down every page till they hit what they are looking for so in aother words when you type /select the program will search all the scripts till it finds /select and then run that line of code then stop till the next command has been asked say
    /delete con

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • plugins don't get left hanging they are much like a book, they read down every page till they hit what they are looking for so in aother words when you type /select the program will search all the scripts till it finds /select and then run that line of code then stop till the next command has been asked say/delete con

Hmmm. So only one of the plugins will respond to the /select command? Which one? What I'm getting at is if someone else does a plugin using the /select command. It seems that coders should pick "non-generic" commands to avoid conflict.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!