Changelog 2016-11-02: Explosive!

• Second confirmation, nice. Yeah, I logged back in with Saloon doors trapping me in my room. (open lan & singleplayer. Not one, or the other, but both). Red51 noted that they'll be fixed in time. I'm hoping soon because I'm getting trapped more often.

Also, may I suggest to trigger the dungeon music to play more often? I'm being spooked out by the water droplets, unless that's intentional. Also, I hate how easily spooked I am. I always need someone, or some AI partner to follow me. I'm easily spooked, even knowing there's nothing there. I blame all the jump-scare games, as well as Minecraft for giving me this fear when I got creepered, Skeletoned, Zombied, and Witched jumpscared up my chair.

I love the underground track. Similar thoughts to Zork, yet loving how spooky "chill" it is. Skyrim style.

• I am also easily spooked but that combined with the new sounds add to the isolation and immersion which only makes spelunking more attractive to me now. The red glow of the flares only enhances the experience. I'm totally ready for that skeleton, shown in the update screenshots last month, to jump out from behind and get me.

Its so obvious now how Waveshapr is the perfect sound engineer for this game. Kudos!

Also sorry you are trapped in the house. I guess you can always take your hammer and make a new exit :thumbsup:

• I just finished a good session in my mine, and I love the new sounds and music. However, what I thought was a brighter ore detector display earlier must have been caused by the fumes in the darkened outhouse, because once I started using it in my mine, I couldn't see it once more. Maybe it was wishful seeing. Or me hinting at the idea for the future. Yeah, that's the ticket.

• I just finished a good session in my mine, and I love the new sounds and music. However, what I thought was a brighter ore detector display earlier must have been caused by the fumes in the darkened outhouse, because once I started using it in my mine, I couldn't see it once more. Maybe it was wishful seeing. Or me hinting at the idea for the future. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I was a bit bummed about this. I crafted an ore detector hoping the display would be back lit. Oh well. might be a nice option in the future... just add a lightbulb to the ingredient list :)

• I had to get my ore detector also which burned about 30 min+ because I had to go searching for it in my outposts. Had to travel far to only find that it's still normal, yet it allowed me to find various batches of ore veins I missed out on, even hiding.

Yesterday was awesome. Last night was awesome. I take back what I said about being bummed out about the update with me having a nice rush after accidentally exploding myself bugs bunny style, as well as hearing a nice secondary boom after death.

That, and flare guns needs to be a thing. I guess that's saved up for player models & customization update.

Lastly, is it an issue if I keep harping at GEMA? It's fun dragging their name out for the damages they're causing, yet zfoxfire is concerned about the pushback when they find out about my own pushback. Too much worrying that fun needs to be had somewhere with dragging GEMA's name through the dirt for the damages they've done to the nightclubs & such. Even this game, from what I heard. Taxing everything & such.

• saloon doors wont open easily now.

Yeah that's still an issue unfortunately... we're working on it :)

However, what I thought was a brighter ore detector display earlier must have been caused by the fumes in the darkened outhouse

Adding some illumination to the display might be a good idea for one of the next updates^^

So just add dynamite to the deny part of the default permission?

Yes, here is an example to fully disable tnt for a particular group (i.e. members of this group can't craft nor pickup nor drop tnt):

• Adding some illumination to the display might be a good idea for one of the next updates^^

While the beeping does hint at how close you are, seeing the display would be great. When you do put some time in to add illumination to the display, is there a chance you can fix the ore selector as well? I've been noticing more and more that it tends to reset itself to "All Ores" out of the blue, oft-times being while I'm switching between the ore detector and the flashlight. Maybe making it only a manual switch instead. This is older than the current update, but this conversation and tonight's mining session reminded me of it.

The lit display would also be great for players who are hearing impaired, and those who like to blast their own music or TV/movie in the background while playing.

• I just placed two ores in a furnace slot by accident. I was able to remove the first while the second one remained.

What do you mean exactly? Were these ores at the wrong position?

I've been noticing more and more that it tends to reset itself to "All Ores" out of the blue, oft-times being while I'm switching between the ore detector and the flashlight.

Hmm... I wasn't aware of this issue. I will check out what's going on there :)

• Bug?:
    - If i have a full inventory and take back a scaffolding (or any object) it just disapears. Did not get a inventory full warning (just lucky i stopped mining i guess) so didnt know my inventory wass full.
    - cant take back modern lamps: already confirmed by red that it wont be possible to do, but can whe get a medieval replacement for the candelier (with torches in place off lightbulbs)
    - if i have a block wall of lets say 3x3 and hammer the midst block it somethimes dissapears in the block above. Other thimes if i have a floating block and have a block a few places beneith it is fals halfway trough the block on the ground

things i like to see in future updates:
    - The abbility the set the maximum fps in the menu (i set it to 120fps in settings file, @200 fps i get electrical noice @ grapfics card)
    - the abillity to set the max view distance higher then 21/50 in the menu (i set graphics-viewdistance to 42 in settings file and load at 75)
    - confirmes by red: abbility to take back constroction blocks (wood beams...)
    - A head mounted lamp (or dual wielding) so i can mine with a litlle bit of light without the need to place torches every few meters
    - in inverted arc block / a 'tip' triangle block

- professions: the ability to master different proffesions (master baker/master builder/expert gatherer/...) with gives the player some bonuses (like +x ore extra while mining depending on preoffesion?). This could be good for more economy styled servers so everyone needs to specialize in a differnt job.

question:
    Is it possible to create glass-in-lead for medieval churches?

For the rest everything seems ok, didnt fall trough scaffoldings anymore.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!