Blueprint and Building extra features

• It would be so cool if we could do some extra stuff with blueprints:

• Building tiled blueprints?
    • Snap Blueprints to grid.
    • Have modular snapping to blueprints.

Some other features

A) Be able to "Hold and Drag" planks and beams in a circle at a set radius.
    B) Rotate blocks 90 degrees YAW axis

• Building tiled blueprints should be easy, as it already can be done without any additional features. The hard part is making it line up on touching parellel edges/faces. I have to start with a high # setl, setp, and setr, and while I'm "transforming" (translate, rotate, and scale) a plank or wood beam, I tend to go down to lower numbers (higher precision) while zooming in. Now it's fine for the first part, but when I want to copy that blueprint (in my case, a design that is 1 block wide and 1 block long and flat) over a bunch of times and I have to fidget with the 3 set commands just to get it almost perfectly aligned (I'm a bit OCD ;) ) you can imagine how long it would take.
    • One solution to this could be the ability to snap blueprints to the grid. Sometimes it won't work perfectly, but sometimes it will (If I make the blueprint fit at least into 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, or 1 unit of a blocks length, width, or height). Better than having to fidget it even when its exactly 1 block squared or cubed. If I wanted to snap it to a 1 block wide grid, I would have to put a block in the build. But then I wouldn't be able to rotate it.
    • Another solution could be to have modular snapping to blueprints. This might be tricky, and I don't know for sure how it can be done but I do have some guesses. For example, as long the 2 opposite edges or faces have the same polygons, it could work. Another way to do it would be: Before you save the blueprint, face the side AND polygon that will be the side getting snapped modularly, then save it. When you go to place it in, and when you enable modular snapping, it should snap the face that you Were looking at to the face you ARE looking at. Of course this means there should be a way to change the picture of the blueprint in the journal.

Now that that is over with, let me suggest 2 more things.

A) Turn on Angular Dragging by pressing a key and then holding down and dragging. You can set the radius by + or -
    B) Rotating blocks should work as long as 1) its on the YAW axis and 2) its 90 degrees.

• Very interesing. :) Blueprints with blocks can't be rotated till now. Not building every building with planks, some
    blocks in addition are necessary. I'm hoping for more features in build parts and more advances feature.
    If you build a house with a gable, you need to fill holes with planks or beams. This looks very unpleasant
    for instance. To save steps while building and repeat them with a key, would be very nice, too.

• I just thought of another thing that could be added to this suggestion.
    If blueprints ever do become stackable, maybe we could hold and drag the blueprint and it consumes each blueprint. If this seems gamebreaking maybe limit the size to something like 3-5 blocks cubed.
    You could also make it where it consumes more blueprints depending on the volume and/or # of objects in the saved blueprint. Saving it imo should take only 1 just like it does now. But placing in? It should take more.

For example, 1 blueprint can save any volume/# of objects. But it will take 1 blueprint for every 8x8x8 or 100 objects (just an example)

76561198004224157.pngXalzia1.png Click f7a2f1102a1ddf010fe4b97b0266ff15fe810329_full.jpg me for my steam profile

• For example, 1 blueprint can save any volume/# of objects. But it will take 1 blueprint for every 8x8x8 or 100 objects (just an example)

This could make sense, but it should clear in advance how many blueprints a saved one would consume on pasting (for instance, it could be an info line in the journal blueprint list).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!