Playing RW without Steam

• Hello,

Can you play RW without Steam? I am trying to play RW on my laptop using a hotspot with my phone and I can get to a server but it loads to 10 percent then it stops. The debug log says the following then the game freezes. Any thoughts? I do have 4G with 20 MB of speed so that should not be an issue. My provider "says" they do not block games...
    Loadingtime: 18.50 seconds
    send hive ping message...
    load servers: 101
    load servers: 8
    QUERY FAILED: 192.155.97.96
    QUERY FAILED: 192.155.97.96
    QUERY FAILED: 108.174.100.87
    QUERY FAILED: 192.99.34.129
    load servers: 26

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• when i go out sometimes i do this and i have no problem connecting with my hotspot i also have both steam and non steam copys of RW and both work, so if you cannot connect with your steam copy there will be a high chance your non steam copy wont connect too oO maybe the mob network is poor or over used in your area, this could cause dropouts and disconnections, does your provider own the tower or do they piggy back off another provider, this too can cause problems as if they piggy back you connection is less prioritized and less stable.

send hive ping message...
    [UPTIME: 67s] Disconnected from: /51.254.77.202:6001
    HIVE ConnectionError
    HIVE Disconnect

it looked to have connected then lost connection most likey due to what ive said above.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Hello

Here is the full log minus the IP's to CMA.... I know Yahgiggle says it look like dropped IP's but this (and the other one) was on the wireless connection. I do connect and load to 10 percent then it stops..... Not sure if the errors at the bottom of the log has anything to do with it or not?

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!