[Plug-in] Planks 'n Beams with ANY (built-in) texture

• Installed the PnB and all seems to be working ok but when i exit the PnB gui im getting this error message in the chat window ( error occurred in plug `com.vms.planks and beams` (Author:Maurizio M. Gavioli aka Mlwarre) ->null

Im sort of guessing that this shouldn't show up but like I said it seems to be working ok?

Well, it shouldn't show up indeed.

1) Does this happen in a local single player environment or a (remote?) multi-player server?

2) In the first case, you should be able to access the file info in the main Rising World folder: it is a text file and contains session logs and should have a more detailed description of the error. The file is cumulative and could be quite log: start from the end and go back.

3) In a (remote) MP server, there are log files as well, but only the server owner can access them.

If you can retrieve the detailed description, I can probably understand what is going on and try to to fix it.

• OK iv found out how and why I was getting this message, it will show up when I don't have the resources in my inventory ie. stone / iron ingot ect, and then close the GUI, but when you do have the resources its fine.

Thanks for the info; this helps. If you could retrieve the actual complete error info from the log, it would help even more... :)

• After a few hiccups I finally figured out how to buy the planks. Had to come back here to realize I need lumber to buy the planks. @Miwarre Might I ask if you can add a currency value of what item we would need in our inventory to purchase the said plank, beam etc..? Example: [Currency] [Value] [Purchase] The currency would be the type that one would have for the purchase. The Value would be the cost of trade value 1-64. Lastly Purchase is the button we would press which you already have. It would account for what material we would need as for price, how much and now I feel like I'm blabbering. Can you add something like that to the GUI please?

• I'm loving this plugin. It's adding so much to building & customization that I wish this was in by default. Seeing two buddies building with these that it's awesome. WHat makes me happier is how it's survival friendly.

It be nice if the following could happen.
    1) Have ID show on the texture when you hover of them.
    2) Once NPCs are introduced to tie this plugin with the NPCs in a merchant/vendor manner.

Nice stuff! I also get the null error & it's because I simply close out of the list when not purchasing anything.

• Thanks for the attention and the comments. Unfortunately, in this period I am very occupied with other 'real world' (not so rising...) stuff, so things are going on slower than I expected...

Any chance you could put in a MAX button for amount :thumbup:

Indeed!

1) Have ID show on the texture when you hover of them.
    2) Once NPCs are introduced to tie this plugin with the NPCs in a merchant/vendor manner.

Nice stuff! I also get the null error & it's because I simply close out of the list when not purchasing anything.

1) IDs: It is already in the pipe line, but it takes time, because all images have to be modified manually:

2) NPC: It will depend on how NPC will work and which 'hooks' the API will make available. But, if possible, it would be a nice idea. If I forget about this detail, please remind me, when the time comes.

Error: I do not get it (any longer?); it is probably something fixed by further development of the GUI back end.

Might I ask if you can add a currency value of what item we would need in our inventory to purchase the said plank, beam etc..? Example: [Currency] [Value] [Purchase] The currency would be the type that one would have for the purchase. The Value would be the cost of trade value 1-64. Lastly Purchase is the button we would press which you already have. It would account for what material we would need as for price, how much.

I am not sure I understand. Adding the buttons is (relatively) easy. But what would they do? Who/what is providing the money to the player? Who/what has to be notified of the expense in order to detract the expended amount form the 'account'?

It seems to me you are imagining to link this plug-in with another money system or banking plug-in. This is, in abstract, quite possible, but the two plug-ins have to understand each other in order to collaborate. I have released a proposal for a Banking interface to allow different plug-ins to talk about money, exactly for cases like this one, but it seems to attract little attention...

• Nice, nice. Yeah, no need to rush it all out. Do take your time as I'm jumping all over the place in Rising World trying to get things built up without using PNB, yet it's just stuff I wanted to bring up. Some things that I noticed.

Yeah, I'll be sure to bring up the NPC side of things once they're ready & such, if forget. Can't wait for the updates. Shall experiment deeper & more detail with the plugin once I finish building two more things. Awesome stuff :D

• An updated version is available with:

*) "Min" and "Max" quantity buttons

*) ID of each texture shown on the texture itself

*) 256-colours textures to reduce network load

*) Settings to have items for free (no resources needed) for admins and / or while in creative mode, to mimic the behaviour of the base game.

Details and download link in the top post of the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!