[Plug-in] Planks 'n Beams with ANY (built-in) texture

• @red51, I realize that this plugin is not your responsibility, but the pnb plugin is throwing errors on our server. I have not been able to pin down what exactly is happening when the error occurs, but this is what shows in the log and chat window (for admins)...

PLUGIN EXCEPTION (com.vms.PlanksAndBeams, 0.4.1b, Maurizio M. Gavioli aka Miwarre) ---->
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.vistamaresoft.rwgui.GuiVerticalLayout.getItemId(GuiVerticalLayout.java:134)
    at com.vistamaresoft.rwgui.GuiModalWindow.onTextEntry(GuiModalWindow.java:155)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at pluginapi.PluginEventHandler.triggerEvent(SourceFile:201)
    at G.c.a(SourceFile:2740)
    at G.c.messageReceived(SourceFile:182)
    at de.jiw.network.kernel.KernelAdapter.dispatch(KernelAdapter.java:188)
    at de.jiw.network.message.RawPacket.run(RawPacket.java:54)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

PLUGIN EXCEPTION (com.vms.PlanksAndBeams, 0.4.1b, Maurizio M. Gavioli aka Miwarre) ---->
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.vistamaresoft.rwgui.GuiVerticalLayout.getItemId(GuiVerticalLayout.java:134)
    at com.vistamaresoft.rwgui.GuiModalWindow.onTextEntry(GuiModalWindow.java:155)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at pluginapi.PluginEventHandler.triggerEvent(SourceFile:201)
    at G.c.a(SourceFile:2740)
    at G.c.messageReceived(SourceFile:182)
    at de.jiw.network.kernel.KernelAdapter.dispatch(KernelAdapter.java:188)
    at de.jiw.network.message.RawPacket.run(RawPacket.java:54)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

The error may actually be happening in the "rwgui" plugin which pnb uses. Not sure.

• @Jon_miner I have it up and running on my server. By running I meaning loading right but when I try to run the command nothing happens. If you would like to see it not in action here is the IP 149.202.84.155:4335. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• Hi!

I never install a plugin on this game and by the time I was doing it I realize that there's no "plugin" folder, so I created one. I Put there the GUI back-end plugin and this pnb plugin.

One thing that I notice is that one subfolder of the main plugin folder in a ZIP file. I changed it to read as a .jar file (but still with the icon of ZIP).

The result is... plugin is not working in game.

Is there any guide or tip to solve this?

Thanks in advance

• did you put the RWGUI plugin in a folder of its own too? like this:

Code
    ── RisingWorld
    ├── plugins
    │ ├── pnb
    │ │ ├── assets
    │ │ ├── locale
    │ │ ├── pnb.jar
    │ │ └── settings. properties
    │ ├── rwgui
    │ │ ├── assets
    │ │ ├── rwgui.jar

Also make sure you spell plugins with a small "p" and the rest of the folders exactly as shown above.

Edit: something very important as well, do NOT by any means or for any reason extract the .jar file

• Hi @Minotorious

I had a basic mistake, I created the plugins with a Big "P" and I thought it was the problem. But no. I have the folder "plugins" with small "p". I didn't extract the .jar file. I have the "tree" as you show. I go in the game, hit command, write "pnb" or "\pnb" and I get a "command not found".

• ok now I got what your problem is. You have to type /pnb in the chat (press T to open it, it has white letters) not the console (press `/~ to open it, with the green letters)

PS: always the normal slash (/ and not \) for plugin commands unless otherwise specified in the plugin description.

• Questions.

I have downloaded and installed the PnB plugin. That is I pulled it into the Plugins folder. In Creative Game I get the PnB interface with all the textures in the window when I am using f6 Blocks. However no matter what texture I pick I get the default gray cement texture.

Is there something I haven't done? The assets are there in the assets folder, I can see them. F6 for placing large amounts of block is awesome! How is it I didn't know about this?

And f7! Is this new? Wow it looks as though I can use that to remove a bunch of stuff at one time. I get how to make the selection, but how to do the actual deletion? Right click doesn't work, F key doesn't, return doesn't. Then how? ?(

• you type in chat /pnb . then click on texture and pick plank beam log or triangle. then set the number you want and press buy. In survival you need the material it is made out of in your inventory and it will tell you what you need.

• If you're using F7 try the "delete" key. F7 only works in creative mode and in creative mode you can also create your wished colored woodplanks with console commands or by using "id x" (only works with woodplank/woodbeam/woodlog in hand.

• F7 Delete! duh. The only key I didn't try. Ha ha. :D
    thanks. Deirdre! Edit: But not the Mac Delete Key. Only the back space key (different key on Mac) now that I know—I can do it.

OK. So I have a game set up in Survival that I change in-game to creative. Using your instructions @sharkbitefischer I still need the resources to make the plank or beam using the PnB plugin. I guess then it's for only games set up as creative. Edit: in Creative game it still tells me I don't have the resources and when hold a plank it won't allow me to pick the type of item to make. Confusing. I will still use the console cmds, I guess. (It also seems to be missing the white word texture #84, so probably not up to date.)

But my question about F6 is still how it works. Because no matter what block I may have in hand, using that tool when I place block I still only get the gray cement.
    I have a new world set up in creative. Even if I have the blocks in a material crafted and in my hand, when I try to use F6 to place a bunch I still only get the gray cement.

Have not figured out the place vegetation with this either. It seems to still only place one at a time, so it isn't any different than using f5 for that. I take that back. I have been using this for vegatation all along. I forgot! One at a time is how that's always been.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!