Permissions for AreaProtect

• Hi,

We're setting up a server and was wondering if there's any way to limit users using areaprotect to only create an area of X number of blocks?

Get your own Rising World server today!

• I mean that I was wondering if it's possible to allow 'Guests' access to create an area with the max size of X blocks.

Get your own Rising World server today!

• I mean that I was wondering if it's possible to allow 'Guests' access to create an area with the max size of X blocks.

Unfortunately that's not possible, at least it's not possible with the current version of the AreaProtection script :(
    But we can add a method to the new plugin API which restricts the max size of an area - so maybe the upcoming AreaProtection plugin (or any community solution for that) could take it into account.

• Along these lines, i've been running a server for 3 months now.
    I didn't really like all the servers out there with the OTT scripting that detracted from the game experience or having to walk for hours to get out of some giant city, so I set up my own server with the goal of keeping it simple (KISS principle), BUT this area protection thing, it's becoming a real PITA having to physically go in game to set up areas for players.

What is the setting that allows players to set their own areas? Perhaps limited to one area per player and/or a size limit?

All my regular players tell me they did it on other servers. I could edit the script to simply remove the admin restriction, but that doesn't seem like a solution. In fact there are a lot of things I get asked about which just don't seem to exist, it's like there's this wall of silence standing in the way of anyone wanting to run their own server.

Edit - I also want to know if it's possible to define an area within a protected area where players can access items in chests/etc. For example my server start area is protected, but I want to get players off to a good start by putting canteens and flashlights in a chest for them to take, I don't want some idiot destroying the chest or my start area so it has to heave protection.
    Perhaps I could create a special group and somehow add all players to it (without knowing names)?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!