Changelog 2016-12-31: Dungeons, Weather and a Happy New Year!

• has anyone else notice their svchost.exehost spiking after the update? I am not 100 percent sure the update is causing it and it is not cause to much trouble in the game. Maybe I just never notice it before but mine is spiking 26 to 32 percent. Any thoughts? The other thing is it is not closing after game is shut down. No, no viruses I have scanned every which way to Sunday but nothing.

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• Please disregard post above about svchost.exe upon further investigation I found out it was windows updates hitting my internet even though I have windows updates off!!!

• Not sure if this update had an effect on old worlds, but I can't find any of the new structures on the world I've been building on for quite some time. I've gone to the extent of using F2 to fly around, 3,000 blocks in each direction, and have found nothing. The new animals are available, but none of the structures. Do I need to blueprint my builds and launch a new world?

• Not sure if this update had an effect on old worlds, but I can't find any of the new structures on the world I've been building on for quite some time. I've gone to the extent of using F2 to fly around, 3,000 blocks in each direction, and have found nothing. The new animals are available, but none of the structures. Do I need to blueprint my builds and launch a new world?

ya that is weird. they should be in unloaded chucks of your world. but if you decide to do fresh world i will still be watching :)

• I agree, also the weather sometimes changes instantly. Not sure about SP, but I've experienced this on a server. Also, imo it seems to be too frequent.

Not sure about weather changing instantly, though I don't think the rain is too frequent, I like it :3 as for minimal, maybe it could last a bit longer, maybe they could put in an option to change those settings so everyone can be happy...but I guess there's more important things to work on first, so we will see.

On another note, I noticed you now need sand to make glass, but I can't seem to find sand anywhere near my spawn (I spawned in a forest biome by a huge lake) and I was actually thinking that it would be nice to have sand on lakes shores or something to make it more easy to find sand. Unless there is some other way that I am not aware of...in which case I'll be happy to learn about X3

• Brilliant update once again Red, thanks a lot. :):thumbsup:
    the changelog gives weather as " Weather, including rain, heavy rain, snow, storm, thunder, fog, cloudiness"
    What is the complete list ? eg what is the parameter to set sunny
    Is there a level of cloud ie cloudiness 1 .. 10 ?
    I can't get snow in a temperate biome, can you confirm any biome restrictions please :)

• In the console:

setweather default 1

this sets the weather back to normal clear sky. the 1 means immediate otherwise the weather slowly transitions

The other weather options that I'm aware of are rain, heavyrain, fog, thunder. Snow is only available in cold biomes but cannot be explicitly set. i think setting to rain will enable snow in a cold biome

• Not sure about weather changing instantly, though I don't think the rain is too frequent, I like it :3 as for minimal, maybe it could last a bit longer, maybe they could put in an option to change those settings so everyone can be happy...but I guess there's more important things to work on first, so we will see.

On another note, I noticed you now need sand to make glass, but I can't seem to find sand anywhere near my spawn (I spawned in a forest biome by a huge lake) and I was actually thinking that it would be nice to have sand on lakes shores or something to make it more easy to find sand. Unless there is some other way that I am not aware of...in which case I'll be happy to learn about X3

The instant changing of the weather could either be a bug or server lag for me. But for some reason even when the server responds normally, sometimes it does change instantly.

76561198004224157.pngXalzia1.png Click f7a2f1102a1ddf010fe4b97b0266ff15fe810329_full.jpg me for my steam profile

• @the radioman03, so far I have found one ruin on my server. I have flown all over TP to different points and fly back, just haven't any luck. Mot sure if a new world would help. Others have been strangely quiet about finding any places. I will recreate a new world on my test server and see if that does change things and let you know.

• Cheers that great thanks

• Hello Rising world fans hope everyone is enjoying the new content I haven't had much chance to play over the last week or so, but I was just wondering if anyone knows how the patch for the underground dungeons are going? I understand that it's something that cant really have a time frame on it, Im sure that you are all working hard on it and when its done it will be great to get my hat & whip and pretend to be indiana jones :D8o:thumbsup:

Actually dungeons only spawn in untouched regions of your world ;) But the spawn rate of abandoned shacks is very low at the moment, maybe it still needs some tweaking^^

I agree, also the weather sometimes changes instantly. Not sure about SP, but I've experienced this on a server

Hmm... maybe a server admin changed the weather? There is a command (or more precisely, a parameter for the weather command) to change the weather instantly.

On another note, I noticed you now need sand to make glass, but I can't seem to find sand anywhere near my spawn (I spawned in a forest biome by a huge lake) and I was actually thinking that it would be nice to have sand on lakes shores or something to make it more easy to find sand

Unfortunately you only find sand in deserts and at beaches... but probably we will change that in the future (so you can find at least some sand near a lake, for example) :)

the changelog gives weather as " Weather, including rain, heavy rain, snow, storm, thunder, fog, cloudiness"
    What is the complete list ? eg what is the parameter to set sunny

Here is an overview of all weather types:

clear
    overcast
    rain
    rainthunder
    heavyrain
    heavyrainthunder
    storm
    fog
    densefog

i think setting to rain will enable snow in a cold biome

Exactly ;)

but I was just wondering if anyone knows how the patch for the underground dungeons are going?

It will be available very soon, within the next days :)

• Old bug on Intel HD videocards

I'm curious if this happens with all Intel cards now. The game was supposed to work fine on Intel HD 4000, 4400 and 5000 adapters, so I guess a recent Intel driver might be responsible for this trouble =O
    However, you can fix this issue by setting "graphic_water_postprocessing" to false in the "config.properties" file in your game directory (but unfortunately this disables all post-processing effects for water)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!