Changelog 2016-12-31: Dungeons, Weather and a Happy New Year!

• Hmm... maybe a server admin changed the weather? There is a command (or more precisely, a parameter for the weather command) to change the weather instantly.

No admin was on at the time. And when the admin does change the weather, there is a yellow text saying Weather was changed by <admin>.

76561198004224157.pngXalzia1.png Click f7a2f1102a1ddf010fe4b97b0266ff15fe810329_full.jpg me for my steam profile

• I'm curious if this happens with all Intel cards now. The game was supposed to work fine on Intel HD 4000, 4400 and 5000 adapters, so I guess a recent Intel driver might be responsible for this trouble =O However, you can fix this issue by setting "graphic_water_postprocessing" to false in the "config.properties" file in your game directory (but unfortunately this disables all post-processing effects for water)

Actually, I booted Rising World on my laptop today just for testing, I got a new thing to cool it down so I wanted to try performance...I have an i7 2630QM running at 2.00 ghz, 8 gb of RAM and a 1 gb Radeon 6490M video card (which is what I tried running the game on) and had the same issue. I also have an Intel HD (it's switchable) but I was using the Radeon one at the time, didn't test the Intel one anyway, as the framerate is so low I can barely even move (but this is a problem with every game that requires a bit of power, unfortunately, as the card itself has shared memory with the system, so I can only use 512 mb to actually play...thanks to the guy who sold me this thing)

So yeah, tl;dr I have the same issue on a Radeon 6490M, and have a switchable Intel HD card that I don't really use. Should also mention that both cards have dated graphics drivers from 2011, Intel HD graphics card (can't see which series is it though) runs on driver 8.830.6.1000 dated 27/01/2011 Radeon card has the same driver number (not really sure about this) but driver date is 15/03/2011)
    Actually, gonna attach dx diag files so you can take a closer look at it if need be.

Also can't seem to quote your previous answer, but yeah, would be nice to have sand on lakes shores or somewhere you can find it in other biomes :) or maybe work something with dirt to make sand out of it...I don't know, that could work too.

• I'm curious if this happens with all Intel cards now. The game was supposed to work fine on Intel HD 4000, 4400 and 5000 adapters, so I guess a recent Intel driver might be responsible for this trouble =O However, you can fix this issue by setting "graphic_water_postprocessing" to false in the "config.properties" file in your game directory (but unfortunately this disables all post-processing effects for water)

I have installed new drivers. And the problem is still exist. I have Intel HD 4000. I have to change computer. I know :D Ok. I changed config.properties. Now It's ok

• I have an i7 2630QM

The i7 2630QM has an integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 adapter. These adapters suffered from this issue from the beginning :( But the newer adapters (4000 and newer) worked fine, so I'm wondering what has changed...

Radeon 6490M video card (which is what I tried running the game on) and had the same issue

Thanks for the DxDiag :) Unfortunately the old AMD drivers are also known to have severe issues with OpenGL (there are even more severe issues like occasional driver crashes etc). But I guess the water issue will be solved by installing the latest AMD driver: http://support.amd.com/en-us/d…legacy3&os=Windows+7+-+64

I have installed new drivers. And the problem is still exist. I have Intel HD 4000

That's really strange, we will check out what's going on with these Intel adapters ;)

• Great job, love these new weather effects :love: You can even escape the foul weather by flying up in the sky, nice detail! 8o

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, I'd have all my money back" :P

• I mentioned this on the Steam forum, yet it was horror game spooky with how darkness just creeped into the world.....I'll just quote the posting while attaching the images.....

What an experience, and I wish Red51 would keep it like this. Even the inside of structures was darkened, yet a part of me is asking for that to be fixed when we're on horseback heading into structures, or something.

• The i7 2630QM has an integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 adapter. These adapters suffered from this issue from the beginning :( But the newer adapters (4000 and newer) worked fine, so I'm wondering what has changed...

Thanks for the DxDiag :) Unfortunately the old AMD drivers are also known to have severe issues with OpenGL (there are even more severe issues like occasional driver crashes etc). But I guess the water issue will be solved by installing the latest AMD driver: http://support.amd.com/en-us/d…legacy3&os=Windows+7+-+64

Hm I see. Well I wouldn't know either, maybe something inside some new line of code is conflicting with something within the drivers code...(I know nothing about programming unfortunately, so I can only guess and hope it can give any sort of idea or something in the process)

And you're welcome, yeah tell me about it, I have all the issues and worse >_< unfortunately with this being a laptop I can not update the drivers. Attempted to in the past and it pretty much deleted any trace of video drivers from my hard drive making everything stop working for good X_X but thank you for trying.

I play on a Desktop regularly anyway, so it is not the end of the world. This is just a backup PC I bring with me when I am not home / unable to access my main one, but since it does have an Intel HD graphics card and I had that same issue, I was hoping it could help somehow. But yeah, least I know something new now ^^

• The bug is there on intel hd 4400 and also the average fps has dropped from 25 to an average of 8, the game is now unplayable on these cards.

You can try to disable the logarithmic depth buffer, this will give some extra fps ;) To do that, go to your game directory, open the "config.properties" file with a texteditor, and set graphic_logarithmic_depth_buffer to false. Then save the file, and run the game again

Well I wouldn't know either, maybe something inside some new line of code is conflicting with something within the drivers code...(I know nothing about programming unfortunately, so I can only guess and hope it can give any sort of idea or something in the process)

Well, actually the old Intel drivers as well as the old AMD drivers (which are mainly based on the ATI drivers) are a mess when it comes to OpenGL :S The old Intel drivers didn't even support some basic OpenGL features (some features they have to support according to the specification), but AMD/ATI also had trouble with certain features...

But since this issue also occurs with newer Intel drivers apparently, we will try to find a workaround for this issue (once the upcoming hotfix is ready) ;)

• A new hotfix is now available, which finally solves all spawn issues with underground dungeons, and also fixes some technical issues. It's necessary to update your multiplayer servers for this update.

If you're still having issues with the game, please let us know :)

• [New] Added setting for color vibrance ("View adjustment")
    • [New] Added setting to the config file to disable grass (only works in singleplayer)
    • [New] Added new animals to world creation dialog
    • [New] Added multiplayer server option to disable weather (settings_weather_enabled)
    • [Change] Increased transparency of rain
    • [Change] Changed loot spawn for dungeons
    • [Change] Adjusted some sound effects
    • [Change] Slightly increased spawn chance of abandoned shacks
    • [Change] Adjusted spawn position of abandoned shacks (previously shacks sometimes spawned half sunken into the ground)
    • [Change] Umlauts are now allowed in blueprint names
    • [Bugfix] Underground dungeons spawn properly now
    • [Bugfix] Rain/snow is now visible through glass panes
    • [Bugfix] Screen should no longer turn red for no apparent reason (need feedback)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed slow loading of custom images (posters)
    • [Bugfix] Lightglare can now be disabled in the settings properly
    • [Bugfix] Smoke is no longer visible through walls when logarithmic depth buffer is disabled
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug which enabled Lightscattering automatically
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong rotation of horizontal ramp blocks after rotating a blueprint
    • [Bugfix] Fixed rare crash when converting an old world
    • [Bugfix] Fixed spinning meat when trying to place it on a grill
  • Quick update. Nice. I can indeed see the rain through the windows. Upon noticing the update, I gave it a try to see if the indoor weather would have been fixed, but unfortunately, it was not. It was, however, less visible indoors at night. So I decided to perform a few tests of my own during the day.

My beach house is located, well, on a beach, at the Y:60 level. A while go, I dug my own indoor mineshaft that went straight down on my property. That said, it's a long way up/down by ladder, and I also noticed there are no pre-generated caverns under the beach biomes. And yes, I can make a lot of glass now that we need sand. But I digress. Going down the ladder, I noticed the rain stopped at Y:-20, but if I climbed back up, the rain would resume just above Y:-20. Excluding the wooden rooftop above ground, that's an 80 level difference. Stacking layers of stone blocks above the roof didn't make a difference.

I then went to find one of the pre-generated mine located next to a mountain, and with the "setweather rain" command, I went in. I found that when I reached Y:0, the rain would stop. Jotting down the coordinates, I went above ground to the same X/Z coordinates, and found it to be Y:67, making it a 67 level difference.

I hope these tests can help you figure out the indoor rain problem, Red, but until the problem is fixed, it's good to know "setweather clear" will make the rain go away.

The fact that the rain ends after a certain depth is interesting enough. But can anyone else with a Mac who is having the same indoor rain issue, replicate this test?

• Well, that was a fun session. Glad you allowed weather to be viewable through glass as that was one of my biggest concerns that I have never mentioned. I haven't experienced it, yet it's awesome.

• I have to note that I had no cave or tunnel generation under a mixed pineforest-lake combo that it made locating & accessing dungeons a real pain in the rear. I had to cheat a lot by using F2 to hunt down whatever dungeons I could find in the no-tunnel landscape, plotting and planning my routes wishing I had beacons, or something. Tunneling like mad for a good few hours...... Maybe it's a biome related thing, or it's an actual bug. Who knows if it was worthwhile or not. If such a thing happened again could we find dungeon related gadgets to hint-tease us in the general direction? Something like the compass, but for both medieval & modern area to vaguely point us to the nearest dungeon. Maybe a treasure map, maybe an actual gadget. Could even be a 'fantasy orb', or something more on the creative side. Anything. Something survival be nice.
    • If it's possible, try adding modules & scanning to either A) Make dungeons generate a surface entrance, no matter how shallow or deep they are in the ground, or B) have them connect to one another until they can reach the nearest cave by scanning if another dungeon is in the area to allow for A to happen to reach surface. Just bugs me that there's no immersive way entities could have built such structures when they're stuck in their own bubbles, or missing tunnels & etc. Make use of the stairways and whatever else. Elevators, lifts, and etc.
    • I like the way the ruins were scattered in the ocean, yet it's at the point scuba gear, snorkels, re breathers, submarines, and such ends up being gradually more mandatory with how phobic these ruins are in certain oceans. There's oceans without them, some filled with them, and etc. (or so I noted from my experiments). I love the ruins wishing for shipwrecks now.
    • Dungeons need better loot variety. Maybe some ingots, weapons, and etc, similar to what ocean ruins have. The dungeons loot system needs to contain more unique things, maybe even ancient crafting benches, craft specific things, and maybe more broken furniture in chests. I guess I'm sure Red51 has some things planned that hasn't made it in, yet loot should have also been records, among other things. Animal fur/hide would have worked.
    • Seems to be a belated note that compasses go crazy in hell, Minecraft style. Love that! Another fun Minecraft thing is how dungeons are moduled attached to one another that they spawn all interestingly in the world.
    • We need carpets in our world by making use of cloth & fibres. Be neat if we had more carpet options, such as the bear rug. A friend of mine commented we need carpets.
    • Loving the various spooky dungeon music. Really fits the mood that I keep thinking towards Skyrim from my dungeon experiences. THere's even one BGM that has a big bass vibration that it's interesting to hear it. Makes my headphones vibrate lightly.

Well, it's a nice hotfix that I managed to colonise new land, yet the issue and frustrations I had was something I had to cheat to get around. Dungeons really need surface entrances, or more immersive entrances.

• I brought up the compass behavior to Red51 and he said the compass behavior in Hell is intended. I guess most of us haven't broken out a compass down there to have noticed.

Makes me glad that I have when screwing around seeking out dungeons in creative mode first. Now we all know :whistling:

I can't stop thinking about dungeons making use of the stairway to add more floors, layers, and etc until it reaches topside (surface entrance) to maybe even lead into temples & etc. There's that potential there. Bugs me how dungeons are trapped in bubbles underground, same mistake Minecraft made.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!