Can't open the game

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • Hello.

@Offtopic: So, first of all, sorry if there is any error in my english, my language is portuguese.

@Topic: I can't open my game. i've searched a lot in the internet and found some people with the same problem, but tried to solve and nothing changed, please i love the game, have played it for a long time and now i'm excited to see the new update, but i can't :/

(i've already tried to re-install the java, disable the firewall and anti-virús, and "repair" the vcredist in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013", nothing changed)

• You're not alone and I'm thinking it has something to do with the new Framework. Maybe it's something else entirely let's wait and see if a fix comes out within these next couple days. Otherwise this will be one game I'll delete from my library and never look back.

• Hello,

Since the last update, when i try to load the game with steam, on my mac, macos SIERRA, there is a window, 0.8_31, this window close and after i the a synchro on steam, and nothing.
    I can repeat, but with the same result.

Hope help, and thanks a lot for that update that seems to be very great and nice.

PS: I love the game :)

Happy new year to the team, and all players, thanks a lot.

• I operate an iMac OS 10.12.1 Sierra. My Rising World Program will not open on Steam. I have tried all of their instructions but none works. I can play other Steam games on steam without problems, so i don't think it is a Steam software problem. This happened immediately after my Rising world App suddenly automatically updated earlier last evening... it is now just before 1 am Jan 1st. In fact i had to restore my hard drive with my Time Machine Backup, as it crashed my system after a number of attempts to open the program.

As I have logged in 2,544 hours on Rising World, I like the game and am concerned. I have lost 3 other worlds after an update like this.

I need help and some confirmation that the problem is being worked on? Please??

It appears I am not the only one having problems. And on New Years too! Guess I am not the only nut with nothing better to do on New Years!

And for all those waiting... Happy New Year from Canada!

• @red 51 thanks a lot, and congratulation for the work and your update, hope playing the update soon, the game is awesome !

• The Mac issues will be fixed shortly, sorry for the inconvenience!

@Rikuuh: Please try to repair the vcredist 2015 version in your _CommonRedist folder, does it work then?

What exactly is vcredist? I have the same problem and I don't follow what you mean by repairing that file? I've searched for this file in my windows search and it comes up empty. The game will not launch, just flashes a white window for like half a second and never launches.

• The Mac issues will be fixed shortly, sorry for the inconvenience!

@Rikuuh: Please try to repair the vcredist 2015 version in your _CommonRedist folder, does it work then?

With the today's update my game is now working !
    Thanks a lot, im so happy <3

• I had forbidden to start the "java- Exes" That was the point my game won't start. There was an errormessage saying "openGL" not installed.

I started java and the game did run.

(For other people, trying to solve the same problem)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!