Update 0.8 Crash On Launch

• So the update is finally here, I wake up make some coffee turn my computer on put my keyboard in my lap press play and nothing happens. Well not exactly nothing. In steam it shows the game as it is launching then quickly goes to sync and I'm left wondering what just happened? My graphics driver I just updated the other day, Java is 8 Version 112 both in JDK & SE. So I deleted both versions of 8U-111 and the 8U-102 Patch File for other games. Still nothing there's no crash log which confuses me. I've gone on to read other complaints where @red51 says to delete the game and reinstall it. Tried that route still no crash logs or any log files for that matter. The only way I can play this game is by downgrading to the previous Beta 0.5.8.1 and I launch succesfully, get to the main screen create a new world and yeah I can play the game. So I go back to steam opt out of the beta and relaunch with the new version and I'm back to square one? Does anyone have a clue why this is happening?

Tried launching from the.jar executable and this pop up:
    Loader: Fatal Exception Occurred!
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at helper.XMLProperty.loadDom(XMLProperty.java:40)
    at steamloader.SteamLoader.<init>(SteamLoader.java:37)
    at steamloader.SteamLoader.main(SteamLoader.java:27)

...Again no crash log is generated because I can't even get to the launch screen. I give up! I don't have a clue what's going on here and it's really aggravating me almost to the point where I'm wondering if a black or whitelist was inadvertently created by mistake. If I can play Fallout 4 and ARK: Survival Evolved side by side even with my graphics card screaming for me to close one or the other there should be no reason what so ever errr. Let me stop there, If anyone has a fix please help. As I said everything is updated and I even deleted a Java Patch file I needed for some other games.

• What operating system do you use exactly? If you use Windows, try to repair vcredist in your _CommonRedist folder (2013 and 2015).

My OS is Windows 8.1. I've done the repair and still haven't had any luck. Not sure what the problem is because I can play the earlier Alpha versions just fine without any issues. All of my games that rely on redist, java or something else seem to work just well also. Before the update it worked now I don't know what to do.

• My OS is Windows 8.1. I've done the repair and still haven't had any luck. Not sure what the problem is because I can play the earlier Alpha versions just fine without any issues. All of my games that rely on redist, java or something else seem to work just well also. Before the update it worked now I don't know what to do.

Update: Nevermind decided to try run the game at least before bed. Looks like it's up & running :) Don't know what you did Red but Season 3 can kick off really soon, thanks buddy :-)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!