Beach Fauna And Flora Suggestions (Ramblings)

• While I haven't seen boars or polar bears yet in the latest version (v0.8), if they're as amazingly detailed as the deer I saw in the mountains yesterday, then I look forward to encountering both of them. Even if I have to be chased by them while in awe. But I wanted to put in my five cents for future fauna and flora suggestions.

The beaches need your attention. They are devoid of animals except those who happen to occasionally wander there.

I'm sure birds will one day take flight in Rising World, and when that happens, I don't know how long after that before we get carpet-bombed by them, but even if they can't take flight right away, it would be interesting to see sea gulls or piling plovers on the beach. Or pelicans, terns, crabs, lobster, seals, and sea turtles, for that matter. Maybe even a frog, but it would do better in a bog biome along with crocodiles, which is a topic for a future date. And we already have penguins, but they're enjoying the snowy biomes.

On the flora side of things, we already have palm trees, so it would be nice to one day add coconuts to them. The beaches could also have bayhops (railroad vines). There is already tall grass and stony terrain on occasional spots on the beaches, so they're already covered. Plus the rarer red seaweed that sometimes grows outside of the water.

That said, an old shipwreck on the beach would make for both an interesting "dungeon" and a way to liven up the beaches. Crates and chests could be found in their hulls with some worthwhile holdings of their own. Maybe it was a slaver ship and some of the dead slaves' skeletal remains come to life to attack us. Or maybe it's the dead crew that attacks us. So many possibilities.

This is a spur of the moment thought/rambling, so I would invite anyone with additional ideas for the beaches to add them to this thread.

• Even if I have to be chased by them while in awe.

Make sure to run backwards when you do

The beaches need your attention. They are devoid of animals except those who happen to occasionally wander there.

I'm sure birds will one day take flight in Rising World, and when that happens, I don't know how long after that before we get carpet-bombed by them, but even if they can't take flight right away, it would be interesting to see sea gulls or piling plovers on the beach. Or pelicans, terns, crabs, lobster, seals, and sea turtles, for that matter. Maybe even a frog, but it would do better in a bog biome along with crocodiles, which is a topic for a future date.

I definately would love to see bird life come. Lots of new bird sound effects were added but no actual bugs or birds yet. Some aquatic life are definately planned so that's something to look forward to. Gotta use that fishing rod for something I suppose.

On the flora side of things, we already have palm trees, so it would be nice to one day add coconuts to them. The beaches could also have bayhops (railroad vines). There is already tall grass and stony terrain on occasional spots on the beaches, so they're already covered. Plus the rarer red seaweed that sometimes grows outside of the water.

Bayhops would be awesome. I'd also love to see some leaning palm trees and some American Agave ( I grew up on the beach and I always thought these were the strangest of plants especially when they are in bloom. I've seen some grow to almost 40 feet tall ).

That said, an old shipwreck on the beach would make for both an interesting "dungeon" and a way to liven up the beaches. Crates and chests could be found in their hulls with some worthwhile holdings of their own. Maybe it was a slaver ship and some of the dead slaves' skeletal remains come to life to attack us. Or maybe it's the dead crew that attacks us. So many possibilities.

I think this might actually be planned but not 100% sure. It definitely would make an additional dungeon type to be either underwater or beached. Perhaps when the player models come out then this might happen. I think we are supposed to get some boat building options at that time. Since the dungeon lays the groundwork for basically any generated structure, it opens the door to anything. I'd love to see other generated structures like villages with NPC traders and merchants, abandoned villages (something like the abandoned shacks in the dungeon update before the spawning was fixed), an old church, a temple or monastery, a graveyard, maybe a light house too.

• Really! Lots of possibilities. It seems like users are full of great ideas and many are very good builders. I wonder if Red has considered letting users build assets such a your shipwreck or other ruins and either allowing Red to just add it to the game, or to create a Community sharing system where users can pick additional assets to be added (and randomly spawned) into their games? I'm thinking about the huge community of people who build assets for Cities Skylines. These get added to the the Steam CS workshop and you can subscribe to the ones you want to use in the game.

This could be used for furnishings, buildings, etc. or even other kinds of assets (were there an "asset builder" plugin).

• Really! Lots of possibilities. It seems like users are full of great ideas and many are very good builders. I wonder if Red has considered letting users build assets such a your shipwreck or other ruins and either allowing Red to just add it to the game, or to create a Community sharing system where users can pick additional assets to be added (and randomly spawned) into their games? I'm thinking about the huge community of people who build assets for Cities Skylines. These get added to the the Steam CS workshop and you can subscribe to the ones you want to use in the game.

Sandbox games does bring out the best in people. It would be nice if one day we could develop and design our own dungeons, such as the mentioned shipwreck, and it's probably going to eventually be a possibility, but I don't see it as such until after the game is out of alpha. The same goes with the object workshop. Cities Skylines does indeed have an amazing creative community when it comes to its workshop. But my worry about a game being handcuffed to Steam is its long-term dependency on Steam. What I'd love to see is something designed as part of the game's official website (library.rising-world.com?), that acts as a full-blown library for objects, blueprints, plugins, dungeons, and anything else that can be designed with an API in the future that could be accessed directly from inside Rising World itself. Imagine designing your house and realizing you need a lamp. You right-mouse click on your piece of furniture, a pop-up menu appears with possible options for lamps both from your downloads and those in the online library. That said, the strength of Steam for workshop design is a tough act to follow, but it's not impossible. If Playful can include access to their store inside of Creativerse, it's doable in Rising World as well.

• I would love to see the ocean beach gaining more life to it. More mountains, rocky edges, drop offs, among other things. More 'ocean life' that I showed Red51, yet it's probably too complex or too time consuming currently. What I showed Red51 was more of a cove type thing where you can hide in ocean caves above, yet it be neat if we had some below also for how deep the world generation seems to go.

Coves & Cove Caves:
    1) https://prd-wret.s3-us-west-2.…Cove--Jennifer_Lorenz.JPG
    2) http://www.shzongyue.com/data/out/37/38980670-cove.jpg

I do love the ideas of coconut trees, as well as American Agave, and even Bayhops. Even some odd standing rock formations, or even more 'sand grass' (Cuba), or something. (https://aos.iacpublishinglabs.…jpg?domain=cx.aos.ask.com & http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/…regon-dunes-EdBook095.jpg)

When I first joined this community I told Red51 to pay special attention to the sky, more so because of how sloppy & lethargic Mojang is with Minecraft. That, and it's often an unused space that we really do need to see birds, airships, helicopters, among other things in the sky. Even rarely, dragons. Realistic dragons from Red51's 'Fantasy Biome' idea he wanted to play with. I really want to see Red51 play around with the fantasy biome, but with actual 'realistic' feeling Dragons. Not something you would kill, but something you could also tediously (yet worthwhile) raise a dragon to also be your pet & flying mount. Something like the game called 'Black & White'. That's on a whole different conversation & suggestion though......

Yeah, I would love to see shipwrecks, more sea-life decorations on the beach, some sea-type fossils, sea junk (rotten wood, opened mussel waste), among other things. More bendy & changing beach variations, among others. Beaches need the most touch ups.

Also, not just for something to be ON the beach, but also settlements (little tribal villages), pirate bases (leading into/touching mountains & forests), as well even fishing ports. Basically places you'll see NPCs actually going into the water to fish up actual genuine fish to then store in actual storage devices. Something you can trade with, yet when caught stealing you'd be hunted & tracked down by them. THere's lots needing to be done, and lots you can do with this.

Bonus: If it isn't too much to ask:

Red51's fictional take on a Caspian Sea Monster for a more Cargo related use. For when we tech up into Modern Era we should be able to build a Caspian Sea Monster, something that should see far more use when the world is switched over to a 1-ocean & many islands world generation. Again, keep in mind that the sky has to be used so this just adds onto that thought. I'll make use of boats, and I'll be happy when they're in, just that this is something to note for the future while I have this on my mind.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!