Building with wood

• I have just started to build. I am in Survival Mode. I can build with stone but not with wood. I have made plenty of planks and beams on the saw bench but it will not allow me to place them in the world; if I have a beam in hand, it will not be placed...it just stays in my hand. Do I have to prep the ground somehow? I was just wanting to make a wooden fence so I really didn't want to change the ground or lay a foundation.

• Thank you very much. I tried again and it worked. When I tried and failed, I think it is because, being tired I wasn't paying attention and had raw lumber in my hand instead of a wooden beam or plank. That's when I know it's getting too late and i should go to bed...when I've been at the computer for so long I make dumb mistakes like that. Thanks again.

• Zfoxfire,
    This is Tony D (just created a proper account and changed my name). Do you watch Radioman 03's channel on YouTube? I've been watching his Rising World and Medieval Engineer videos and I'm pretty sure he mentioned "Zfoxfire" in a recent Rising World video (i.e., as someone who is knowledgeable about the game, development etc.). I really enjoy his videos. In any case, thank you for your help.

• Very cool. Small world! :thumbsup: I really like Radioman's videos as well. Rising World is great. I haven't had this much fun playing a game in years and although I'm new at it, it's a lot of fun...and his videos really spark the imagination as to all of the different possibilities with this game.

By the way, do you have any tips or can you direct me as to how I might build a nice basement in Rising World? I've been trying and it seems difficult to make things even...when digging or terra forming, I always have sloppy edges. Perhaps someone has posted some tips on one of the forums.

• Yeah, I think for me the attraction is that the game is like a grown up version of Minecraft. I loved Minecraft but didnt like the block look. Regarding basements, i am not the best builder. i mostly build out of blocks. Radio is a really great builder but I have a guy on my server who did a really nice basement but it involves resizing and combining planks and beams to make unique shapes. too much work. if you wanna check it out, come onto "foxbox" and I'll show it to you.

As far as my abilities go, i built a nice dock by my spawn point but that took so much time to do so that advanced building stuff is just not for me. I am waiting till the update comes that will let us freely rotate and scale blocks. then I can go to town building. :-D

If you want some good starter videos, check out Safety Meeting on youtube. he made some great tutorials on the game and is mostly still up to date.

• I am the same...pretty simple builds, mainly with blocks that snap in to place. I've seen some videos with the advanced construction and I don't even know the commands/how to do things...much less make something look really nice from scratch.

Where can I find "foxbox"?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!