Arcticu Kitsu Valley

• Here's what I actually wanted to share, not the WIP stuff above. Sorry for hogging the attention, but I also need to share this off then it be silent until the update again.

----------------

- 'Happy 150th Canadian Birthday!'

YATTA!~ About time I get it done, yet 3-4 days over. It's now 'functionably' completed that 10 floors are done, and three of those are in use. The main floor being a waiting lobby area, the second being a mini art gallery using images taken on July 1st (of my anime figures), and third floor aimed at the 'Royal Canadian Navy' inspired by the Japanese web game 'Kantai Collection. Shall populate the 4th to 10 floor whenever we gain more updates.

I'm also seeking someone (anyone) to share links of decent-to-high quality models to import of the RCN (Royal Canadian Navy) warships. Any one, yet mainly the Tribal-Class Destroyers, HMCS Uganda, and such. if you can model up a model of those then I'll gladly & proudly display them in my third floor. If it's even a generic WW2 vessel of any kind i'll happily take it on the vanilla side of things. Even if it's one of those spinny wheels, anchors, or anything to do with WW2 naval warfare. I would even display WW2 naval related clothing, or seafearing sort. I would happily even add in Bismarck, Warspite, or even any Italian naval vessels. if you know of any that I can easily obtain and import, do let me know. Thanks in advance! I ask/request of this seriously, thus I hope you can help me out on a serious note :)

I may decorate the 4th floor to be a food & resting area, and the 5th floor to cover aviation related stuff.

So happy this is now completed in some perspective. Obviously needs polishing, yet it's as it should be.

• - [0.8.2.4] Rising World - Canadian Tower & Other Thoughts:

Finally managed to find a proper video rendering software (thanks to Joni) that I'm now able to make videos again. May struggle for a bit, yet glad to be back in the mix. Can finally compile & render the videos out properly again. I'm quite happy I can even insert images to show what I'm actually going on about, yet a few transition issues slipped through.

This video is about my Canadian Tower for Canada's 150th showing off the first three floors with my expanded thoughts on things. Discussing what I've done, and what I'm going to do further while showing examples of how I built the way I've built it. I even occassionally tackle the 'Player Foundation' update. I'm hyped for what I've done, and what we're going to be that I want to be there (with my videos) when Rising World updates. I also know it's late, yet happy belated Canada Day in that delayed video manner. :whistling:

There's also an issue for Red51 to make note of from 16:45 onward with the glass windows.

Enjoy!

• - [0.8.2.4] Rising World - 'Medieval Inspired Home':

The below images being from a build that was itching to be constructed for a month now, or longer. It was just sitting there that I had to redo the second flooring to be more 'medieval-ish', as well as learning how planks & beams properly work. I simply wanted it in at a 'functionalble' state so it be less of a 'guilt trip' type matter, and it's now become slightly more of a pride as I continue to dive deeper into the 'planks & beams' realm of things. Actually building full on structures with Rising World's construction system. Roofing is also the hardest part for me because I already messed that up, as well as the symmetry on the second flooring. Going to have to very carefully go back to the arches to hide any 'holes' (gaps) to make it more flush with the surroundings. Having to now figure out a way to extend it to the side, as well as adding some trim detailing to places. Signs, among other things.

I have to thank [this video] for teaching me what 'jettying' is, and how awesome it can make your builds. This medieval building is both a protoype, as well as a semi-tourist center type structure so people can relax at that spot before checking out the dungeons below. They could rest there, eat there, drink water, and such. The lessons learned from this build shall be used far more properly elsewhere.

The image you see above is simply in it's 70% phase. I still need to extend the roofing, the main area around it, the cobble walls, the interior, and such. I guess I shouldn't post WIP's, yet it's still a lovely build that I still have to show how awesome playing with planks & beams are.

-----------

- Negative Experiences:

I'm both proud, yet soured by my experience today. Rising World is in an odd spot right now........

• - [0.8.2.4] - Medieval Home + Dungeon + Update:

Just a quick video 'fast-touring' the Medieval building above, something I treated as experimental to learn more about the way of planks & beams to use in future builds elsewhere. Learning how to place them, and etc. Even making simple fences for further eye-candy to establish a tree farm, respecting the surface dungeon, and showing quotes of Red51's responses. Curious to know what people actually think of that Medieval home as a tourist center, or of it's boring to people.

- Dungeon Thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/…ns/0/1495615865215447573/
    - Inspiration Video: zBVPcr7VjyQ (Youtube)

Still waiting on the new update to further deal with Rising World to allow for the hype to lead us in a new direction for this game, and the server. Wanting to open up the server to 'ghosts', or 'tourists'.

• - [0.9] - December Recollection:

Just taking a peak through my screenshot folder to see what's new in my world that I wanted to share it with whomever is lurking. It seemed waiting for the update made others and myself cranky that I do apologies for that, and for pushing for the update, yet the wait was indeed worthwhile. The trolls on Steam reviews took advantage of Red51 by calling him lazy, calling us "di**heads", yet what we gained was what we were promised. We clearly saw all the issues with the update when it came to pushing him to release it that I'm thankful and grateful it was pushed into the beta branch to test; From December 1st to the 5th that I thank Red51 and Waveshapr for their hard work. I love coming back to this game.

- My Builds since then:

• <Classified>
    • Lucir Farms: A farming extension of my build (First two images)
    • Shark's Domain: The top is only the tip of the iceberg with the rest hidden DEEP underground. The main part of it is in hell. (3rd image)
    • Blue's Resort: Simplicity, yet complex at the same time. Constantly changing, evolving, and adapting to new needs.
    • Old Player Model Memorial Park: Last image paying respect to our old player model while welcoming the new ones in. (mostly done, yet still WIP)

I'm trying to push my settlements into the Christmas mood that I'm hoping hoping those on my server shall do the same by "going with the flow". I'm trying to have fun with things now that the sound memory issue has been fixed. Thanks Red51! There's still many things I wanted to show, yet with the technical difficulties and such I was once again pushed to share only these.

Hope you enjoyed!

• Merry Christmas from Arcticu Valley!

Merry Christmas, seasons greetings, and happy holidays! Arcticu Valley has been as festive as it could be with what's in the game that trees were placed in every settlement, presents were placed under them, and even colonized a winter biome in hopes of doing what I've done in the video.

Merry Christmas, and hope you enjoy Waveshapr's Christmas remix of the main menu. Hope I don't get in trouble for playing it in full in my video :D

• Happy New Year (2018)!:

Happy New Years from Arcticu Valley Server from the town of Mountain Bowl. Well, the outter portions of it anyways. Streamed on 2nd of January, then uploaded today because was waiting on monitor adapter to edit it beforehand. Even so, thank you Red51 for the fireworks, plus hope you enjoy the fireworks show I tried hosting in tribute to Minecraft fireworks shows I used to do.

<3:thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!