Arcticu Kitsu Valley

• I finally have a server going, yet shall be whitelisted for now until I set everything up properly. Starting off with a few 'trusted' members, then shall expand as time goes on to have it be more of a semi-open server once I figure out the permissions. The name 'Arcticu Valley' is just a borrow name from my Minecraft map meaning covering the whole map, not a region. It's more related to my territory in game, once I establish that in this & the final map.

========

- Server Details:

========

- Current Settlements:

• Mountain Bowl: A spawn town containing our beginner homes before we branch off into the world. This settlement is located both within the 'Mountain bowl' as well as having more room on the exterior. (Maybe not at the beginning, yet shall spawn a mini settlement within the bowl for spawning purposes, and for name-sake purposes).
    • Brisko Village: A desert city birthed by a pyramid upon first desert dungeon update. Expanded around pyramid with 'Fox Tower', a small farm, 'Mini-Brisko Museum', Canadian Tower, Lumber Lodge, as well as 'Canadian 50's Diner'. A desert settlement making the most of the desert life.
    • Arcticu City (Coming soon): A prototype city inspired by my Minecraft builds, yet being a testing ground until Rising World matures enough to have a '1 world ocean' biome. Shall begin work on it once we gain railways. Not horses, but once railway releases.
    • More coming eventually......

-----------

- Other:

Again, I shall open up my server to visitors once I figure out how to work permissions so I can have myself as adming still, my current users as a higher tier, and the visitors being the 'ghosts' & 'tourists' of the world. I also have to spend time building up the server, yet also wanting a place to share images here.

If we talked for long enough, and in good standings, then you're welcome to join me. If I missed anyone, or if they're interested then simply PM me. I must know that you won't mess up anything.

• Some images to post up from the time it was started till now.

• A nearby lake that's highly gorgeous & scenic. One of the many within the world that everybody can happily own a nice gorgeous lake.
    • Mountain Bowl, as seen from the mountain by a beginner's shelter shack on Day 1's end when the server started.
    • My bridge I built today (out of order image) heading towards a flat area + a pineforest. Was hoping to have an easier access to the beach, yet this brought me closer to a pine forest.
    • When Red51 fiddled with the rain transparency I was able to see the rain both to the left & right at my 'General Workshop'.
    • My home with the tree farm & Joni's lookout on the mountain. Glad to have a home on this map.
    • A medical building interior I'm working on to hold bandages, splints, as well as 8 patients in 4 rooms; 2 per room. Used planks & beams plugin for the door frame related stuff. ( should have shared the complete floor 1 image instead)
    • The 'Medical Building', the dirt area I cleared, plus the bridge I'm standing on being previous to image #3. A ton of dirt was cleared (all the grass-less area)
    • Mountain Bowl Inn containing a 'bar' type area on first floor & resting areas on top floor. 6 rooms to hold people + a patio/balcony area to enjoy the view of the canyon nearby.

Trying to build up the settlement while waiting for trains + another possible dungeon update before expanding some more. Also, the better parts are not being shared as they're such fine details making me need to do a video tour when ready. Still need to up a few more buildings before that.......

• 8o Sounds promising and already rather enticing! ^^

(The lake looks really gorgeous. I am collecting seeds with interesting lakes: any idea of this one?)

Glad you believe so. Trying to build things up whenever I have to time that I managed those builds. Out of everything I built I'm favouring the bridge I built, yet tryiing to figure out what to do with the staircase design some more by complimenting it. I also agree that those lakes you made note of are indeed the highlight of my server world generation. The insane beauty, as well as their vast numbers. The best part, so far.

And sure, 'Arcticu' for the grand Minecraft 'Arcticu Empire' I had going, something I'd love to replicate in Rising World 8) . Those lakes are EVERYWHERE! Mostly north & Northeast so far, yet they're EVERYWHERE! I wanted to find another biome, yet was stuck in a repeating lake & the maple-pine 'Canadian Shield' type rocky terrain. Bumpy canyons type thing.

Miiware, you're always welcome now that I know you on here.

------------------------------------------------

- General Joining Server Note: :!:
    (Just a general posting)

I do apologise to those wanting to jump onto my server, yet being denied by me because of not being familiar with people. I go by an honour system that you have to play nice, or you will be booted at the first sign of trouble. Blame the griefers on Minecraft, and again on Rising World forcing me to do things this way. This will also hold true until I figure out how the permissions work by having first time users travel the server as ghosts. The delay also is because I need to set up settlements also to make things 'interesting'. Even waiting on the next 1 or 2 updates before expanding further to make another settlement also.

I had someone on Steam poke me, yet had to sadly put him/her in a holding pattern because of that 'stranger' vibe. I'm not wanting to give a cold shoulder, yet trolls & griefers need to be blamed. If you want to join then consider join like an interview. The better you are, and friendlier you are the more likely you'll be able to join, something Vortac has done for his server also. The more you mingle with people here without stirring drama the longer you'll also join & stay.

It's still going to be a private server, yet depending on how permissions work I can try nudging things slightly in certain directions. A mature group of buildings in pure survival setting.

-------------

_ Arcticu Valley Images [2017 - 01 - 27]

(Note: All work in Progress!)

1 & 8) Just playing around with harmless rats as they went scurrying around the map. They later disappeared that it was as if I haven't done anything.

2 & 3) Trying to flesh out the medical building while trying to add some 'curves' to certain parts. Some flare. I'll add the red '+' in the next session via plaster, yet also supposed to be your basic medical area. Currently treats bandage related wounds & broken knees. It's open for further expansion for climate related stuff, among other things. 8 beds for NPCs, if they require such.

4) A user's home using pure 'Planks & Beams' plugin. It's impressive, yet still not done! More to be added!

5) Interior of the 'medical building' second floor. Open to hold more supplies, more detail, and even medical equipment of any sort.

6) One of the occupied rooms in my Mountain Bowl Inn. Something basic until I expand into my prototype city later.

7) Working on a tunnel that connects the 'Inner Mountain Bowl' with the 'Outer Mountain Bowl. An easy access to spawn in, go through a tunnel, then reach the outer district area. The inner one to contain an Inn, some starting stuff, and such.

Just the start, yet making a nice foothold :)

• Alright, I'm thinking of allowing one or two more people to come onto the server, yet you must be well known in the community. If you're interested you must be well known to others as there's been cases of trolls stirring up more trouble whenever things becomes to fun & popular. Blame them for this tedious screening process. To join, just share me some images (in general on the forum), some people could then vouch for your maturity, and then I'll consider adding you onto the server.

-----------

- [0.8.2 Map Update]:

Loving this new map update that it now motivates you to go exploring without being lost. YOu can also gain a grasp of how your world appears as you explore, yet wishing for a wider version of the map. If possible, to even export the map to be an image to be sharable on forums & such. Surprised Red51 added the map in sooner than later with how complex it was made out to be, yet glad it's now in that it's very helpful. Even happy that I can now grow corn because it's in season and it's something I always enjoyed. It now (or always has) 1-upped Minecraft in the food variety range.

- Image 1: Corn found just in front of Daboiye's warehouse. Easy find! They also can be found in that lush biome.
    - Image 2: Paper press is a nice addition. Love how I can make up to 1 to 4 paper pieces, yet the water process may need some tweaking. For water we may need a rain barrel to properly pull from, or some liquid storage container.
    - Image 3: Loving the new map as you can see the small preview of the 'Outter Mountain Bowl' & 'Sierra Ridge' on the map. 'Mountain Bowl' is still just off the map. Been having fun exploring the world thanks to this.
    - Image 4: While exploring I even found (with Daboiye) an abandoned shack. It however was a stupid one where I couldn't loot from it. No music discs....At that point I wish we had wandering NPC traders.
    - Image 5: The new growing corn field with a touch of sugar beets. There's a bug where hemp grows as cotton.

Thanks for the update! Thanks to it, I'm now wanting to play for that little while longer as it re motivates.

• - Red51's Tribute Tower [0.8.2] - [Daboiye's build]:

I was both surprised and impressed with what Daboiye built on the server over in 'Sierra Ridge' with it paying respect to Red51. He made a nice circular build (a mini tower) dedicated to our all mighty god - Red51 - who truly knows what our community wants, giving us our desired features in each and every update. Every time I pass this building I'm in awe of its beauty as it also commands respect. It also has a nice statue of Red51 (the only available statue) to pay respects to the almighty Red51!

My suggestions to Daboiye is to eventually swap out that statue for something else. Granted, I could probably import another statue via a plugin. Could eventually add in little decorations dotting the ground relating to Red51. Eastereggs, or whichever. Both a tribute, as well as a shrine. A temple to worship Red51 in jest, yet still respectfully. Curious to see if this shall be updated with time as it's tweaked in various ways.

Nice one!

• I wasn't quite sure what type of clothing Red51 wears, so, with him being a German; I gave him a suit of stone armor. :rolleyes:

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• Two slots open for 1 to 2 people to join. Again, needing to know you, or to at least have Zfoxfire's stamp of approval in trust & respect to join my server. Reasons as to why so strict are above (trolls).

--------------

- [0.8.2] - Arcticu Valley: [Brisko Village Founded]:

Thanks to the new update I went up north, with Dayboiye, to colonize and claim pyramids. I already claimed two, and as has Daboiye, that I restored mine, plus added the beginnings to roads, and a farm that I can't wait to go back and expand it more. I need to now have time to wander back to Mountain Bowl to gather necessary supplies to further grow 'Brisko Village' (in reference to Bismarck's WW2 KanColle nickname of 'bisko', or biscuit) to allow me to gain a paper press, and necessary supplies to expand into a necessary settlement.

I can't wait for horses & trains as they're greatly needed now.

• Guys, be careful with NItrado hosting. I'm now considering changing my hosting to a service more professional because Nitrado is far too careless. They allowed my server to lag to a crawl (near non-existence), and even opened up my server without any area protections on it. I had 4 people check out my world in an uninvited manner that I do not know the damages done to my world. My server was exposed on the server list that anybody could have happily griefed it. I'll have to stumble across them at random. I currently do not have the time right now to go scanning every inch of the world.

Nitrado exposed my server to possible griefers during a moment with the customer service ticket scan. They hopped in checking it was alright then jumped right back out without really implying much else. I'm thankful nobody griefed it during the 2-4 days of it being exposed. The staff needs to be more familiar with the games they're hosting that they left the whitelist checked on 'false' without putting it back onto 'true'. I have no other safety plugins.

Oh, I'm furious. That's two strikes against Nitrado...........I need another 'easy' hosting service, yet won't transfer until the 81 days are up. :cursing: I'm too busy to deal with these issues. Don't complicate matters on me. I don't have time to deal with people's incompetence, for I'm always busy with something.

• Ah! Yeah that is not good that they turned off your whitelist. I had issues with them when they messed up my RCON port.

Problem is, I have not found a good replacement hosting service yet. Haven't looked hard, but no luck so far.

• Alright, wanting to do another server 'presentation' posting with more images to share since last image posting. Nitrado is an odd one, yet things seem to have settled back down again.

[0.8.2.4] Brisko Village - Fox Tower, Brisko Farm, Brisko Mini-Museum, & 'Canadian Tower'; Fort Ottawa:

A lot has been done since the last image posting that I feel it's time to share another. Ever since the map update we've been busy (in survival) trying to build as much as we could that I've built up my main HQ named 'Fox Tower' , Brisko Farm, and Brisko Mini-Museum, as well as a new 'Canadian Tower' aiming for Canada Day on July 1st for Canada's 150th birthday. Then there's the neat 'Fort Ottawa' being built by both Daboiye & Harv further south near Mountain Bowl.

-------

• Image 1, 2 & 3 - 'Fox Tower': A special tower of mine to be 9 floors high (Japanese fox spirits having 9 tails), while the rear portion shall be three floors. One being storage aiming to contain materials from across the near-endless map contained from all the land, 2nd being living quarters, and third being restaurant, while the roofing would be a garden (yet not counted as the forth;Disconnected). First three floors have been built of the 9 that I'm seeking to add more whenever possible. I enjoy the view I gain from the smelting room to see the proud mighty pyramid I saved, as well as further down the road to spot 'Brisko's Mini Museum'. The main tower is 9, while the rear portion shall be three floors (not counting the garden roof).
    • Image 4 & 5: - 'Brisko Farm'/View from Brisko Mini-Museum: I tried inspiring from a building I've seen in Euro Truck SImulator 2, yet didn't come out as I desired. It's still a fancy design, yet need to plan it properly to have it come out nicely. You can see the farm with the farm storage house, as well as the pyramid to the left. Growing all sorts of food there to be later consumed by more people & AI/NPCs. I love the view one gains from the second flooring, something I've also inspired from Ottawa's Tourist center before it was renovated with view of the Parliament. In Brisko's case it has the view of the mighty ancient pyramid saved from many patches. Brisko Mini-Museum contains images of Arcticu Flag, Bismarck from KanColle in a light reference to 'Brisko', as well as some Minecraft images of 'Arcticu City', and similar. Just various vague trivia.
    • Image 6: - 'Fort Ottawa': A castle-fort hybrid designed by both Harv & Daboiye while amusingly named after my city. Very massive with interior structures planned for it, a structure that's located between Brisko Village & Mountain Bowl.
    • Image 7: - 'Canadian Tower (WIP): A project i'm starting early in late May because of how long it shall take me to get it completed, or at least functional. Wanting to get the square (or rectangle) walls to surround the tower while also having a courtyard to relax in (with palm trees & resting area) while being able to have a decent distance between the wall & the tower. I only have two sides of the wall up because seeking to build the Canadian tower appropriately to then surround the tower with the other two sides. Shall be roughly 5-8 floors high to also celebrate Canada's 150th birthday. For the wall, I've even tried inspiring from European designs by multi-layering the wall to have two floors to function as both a barrier, as well as a livable structure. Not sure how proper I designed it to be such, yet we shall see how it'll end up when I'm done with it.
    • Image 8: - Graveling Brisko Roads: After all those posts of harassing Red51 to add a survival oriented gravel object I finally managed to do so for Brisko. Finally managing to do so on a more 'industrial' manner by filling in the roadways in Brisko village making it look fancy. Had to place the stone grinder/crusher in the 'Canadian Tower' courtyard until I find the appropriate floor number in Fox Tower, or a dedicated building for itself.

I'm quite proud of what I'm seeing on my server. All the stuff I'm managing to build, as well as what others are building. It's a shame Nitrado hiccuped horribly last week that I'm glad they managed to mend that after much venting & raging from me. Many angry tweets, 3-4 invaders on my server, yet thankfully no visible harm done to the server. I thank you guys for not griefing my server when my whitelist was turned to 'false', not back to 'true' after the server stability ticket.

I'm open to also adding more people, but I must know you. A good way for you to join my server is to have been 'moderated' by Foxfire in some way. If he trusts you, then I trust you also. Honor system & playing nice.

• Alright, I see a lot has been done on my server, yet some I can't share quite yet because of it being in a 'WIP' state. I still want to partially open up my server to people,yet still feel uncomfortable doing so. I haven't even tweaked with the permissions to allow standard users to simply 'ghost' around. I still do plan to partially open it up, only allowing trusted folks to play. If I know you play fair, you'll be in.

------------

- [0.8.2.4] Brisko Village - 'Triangle Dirt Shelter', (WIP) Canadian Tower, Lumber Cabin, & 'Canadian 50's Diner:

I felt that it was time again to share some more goodies as enough builds were completed. They still need tweaking, yet being able to post them as they are.

• Daboiye's Farm: This one took me by surprise when I was simply following a pathway to get it marked on my map. I found Daboiye's 'massive' farm with a lot of goodies growing within. Quite an eye-catch that I love it.
    • 'Canadian Tower': A tease-view of the Canadian Tower being built up to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday. Still working on it, yet you can see it gradually reaching higher in the sky in a proud manner. I also spent this posting day's session reworking the courtyard roadwork. Need to decorate it. Been tweaking things with it on and off while working on something other.
    • Lumber Cabin: A building rebuilt from Niska Village (older world) in this world to hold all my logs, lumber, and any wood related goodies. It's even a basic make-shift crafting area to work with. Anything tree related, it goes in there. It's a modernized historical structure modernized in Brisko.
    • Lumber Cabin (interior): A bit of a walkway with a stairway leading to an upper balcony type thing. A place to view out, if you so desired. The upper walkway could also hold a few barrels, something I've slowly started to do by placing barrels up there..
    • 'Triangle Road Shelter': I have no fancy name for this, just that it's a shelter along the main road heading towards Brisko, as well as sheltering anybody heading the other way. It's simply meant to gather dirt, something that's precious in this game. Even planning to make a corn farm as a memento for me harvesting corn in '7 Days to Die' with two friends. There's trees now growing around it, yet this is the best 'clear' image I have of it.
    • 'Canadian 50's Diner' (upper): On the upper floor of the diner to give it a bit of that 'restaurant' feel to enjoy a nice cool night in the desert. A nice desert tropical touch, something I'll enclose with some sort of simplistic roofing. Cooking some chickens, something Red51 gifted us for a 'Canadian thanksgiving' a few years back because turkeys weren't around. Those chickens are MASSIVE! As big as turkeys. I must thank Machette for supplying the 'Animal Breed Master' plugin because I can breed chickens to supply my restaurant with. Wanting to also farm up pigs, cows, and the bunch also.
    • 'Canadian 50's Diner' (Interior): The inner view to 'AFK' at safely while eating a meal, to sit & rest, among others. Tried to make due with an awkward design, something I'm surprised came out nicely, or "well enough" to enjoy. Eventually going to add NPCs to sit, trade food, and etc.....
    • 'Canadian 50's Diner (Exterior): The outter view of what was supposed to be a modern restaurant, yet turned into a Fallout 4 themed build. A retro Canadian 1950's themed diner that it shows in the name. It's my Rising World Canadian themed build with that touch of Fallout for tribute in a desert wasteland. Hilarious.

Well, on July 1st I'm going to try and show a video, as well as the finished 'Canadian Tower' so I'm looking forward to that. Hoping to get that tower done, as well as some other side projects. I really want to get this Canadian Tower done in time so I can try and make a video (software willing) to share with you all. it's my pride and joy in this world that I also can't wait for NPCs so I can start populating my village to make it more awesome. Even having horses to speed things up, to further supply my settlement, among others. My builds are considered 'finished' (image sharing manner), yet they still need quite a bit of polish to make them genuinely completed. Things like proper decorative, railings, among others.

If you want to join my server then you must be good friends with zfoxfire, Daboiye, & Harv. I must trust you for you to join. Blame all the griefers & drama queens from both Minecraft & Rising World side of things. If something doesn't make sense then I posted this when I was half asleep.

• I'm a bit frustrated that things didn't go according to plan because I have a stupid socket error preventing me from playing. That socket error preventing me from playing that it's delaying the 'Canada Day' festivities so I'll simply say the below, while also saying that when I'm able to again I'll post up my Canadian Tower images upon the first chance I get.

- Happy Canada Day!

--------------

- Server Stats:

With Red51 adding in the new server stats page I'm going to link it both here, and in the main posting.

- Arcticu Valley Stats Page:
    https://stats.rising-world.net/en/serverlist/show/3534

It's still a private server waiting to polish up the permissions page to allow 'ghosting' to occur. Guests to visit. If you want to join then you have to be a trusted member of the community, or moderated/screened by other trusted servers (namely Foxbox).

I have to laugh at the following - '21.07.0022'

22 years have passed on my server. It's currently the 21st day, of the 7th (July). 21st of July on year 22. If we had a calendar, or watch of some sort it be interesting to keep track of the time passage.

I'm also one of the two Canadian servers currently up (maybe 3, because my server is marked as America). It makes me curious.

• Yup! He seemed both proud and embarrassed about that, yet I was also there being the person who posts a lot on the forum. Harv should feel proud that he loves the game so much because he's done so much for us. He's up there with us, or even surpassing us in areas. When I'm able to play again I'll see about building a 'monument' type thing dedicated to Harv, and it may be somewhere along the roadway. If we can get flowers & hedges I'd also use that to populate the roadway and the monument.

I also need to re-build the Monument for Vortac because he featured me in a video, as well as getting me into Minecraft. Another one for Weemcast also because he featured me in Medieval Engineers, Stonehearth, and such. Shall be fun little projects.

Harv, feel proud :thumbup:

• As much as it frustrates me, I'll be sharing these WIP images instead......

------------

- Happy 150th Canada Day!

I wanted to get this done, or at least fully functional for Canada Day, yet a socket issue prevented me in placing palm trees, and adding a few more floors. Even a proper view of this. Well, I'll share it as is because Canada Day is today and I can't really postpone it any further.

Happy Canada Day! First & 4th image is of my reworked Canada Day courtyard. The 2nd & 3rd is of the 'Canadian 150 Diner'.

Would be awesome wearing Canada Day related clothing, yet Red51 is a busy guy so I'll have to wear that next year in game. :thumbsup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!