Crash with no notice(same as steam thread)

• I guess it did not help? Maybe it's really related to the driver, usually the HD 4000 works fine (except with very old driver versions), but perhaps your driver version still has some issues?

• Alright, thanks! I hope you find something that causes the problem! :/

current video settings<<<<<steam grab
    visually the only change i can even see is if i turn the distance or chunks up/down<<<turning this up seems to fc with no notice
    all the video settings on the right,just improve the speed and smoothness for me<<<<<them being un checked<<no visual difference that i can see
    physical debris-off<<<<just stops those broken chunks from glitching periodically
    ...........those settings on the right.....what do they do exactly?
    .....also i forgot to mention that one of these settings fixed a issue where i'd have to try multiple times(usually),to move items from my inventory to chests etc. and vice versa.this now works fast with no lag behind item dragging.

• physical debris-off<<<<just stops those broken chunks from glitching periodically

What do you mean exactly?

.....also i forgot to mention that one of these settings fixed a issue where i'd have to try multiple times(usually),to move items from my inventory to chests etc. and vice versa

Hmm... only way I could explain that is that one setting caused lower fps, and the lower the fps, the more "sluggish" works the drag&drop.

...........those settings on the right.....what do they do exactly?

Lightscattering: This creates these god rays from the sun, Quality determines the amount of samples (the more samples, the nicer the effect, but the more work for your graphics card). Pretty expensive effect.
    Lightglare: This creates the effect of getting dazzled by other players flashlights
    Physical debris: Enables all kind of debris when breaking terrain/blocks/items
    Ambient Occlusion (SSAO): Enables these "fake shadows" at occluded locations (especially visible in corners etc.). Pretty expensive effect.
    Grass Masking: Is responsible for not letting grass be visible through objects and items. Can be expensive on some computers.
    FXAA: Post processing anti-aliasing.
    Refractions: Refraction effect for glasspanes
    Depth of Field: Causing distant scene getting blurry
    Environment mapping: Not used yet
    Specular lighting: Specular highlighting (bright spots on surfaces when it is illuminated)
    Triplanar LOD Mapping: Makes textures for for distant chunks not look "stretched" on clifs

• @red51 sometimes when i harvest dirt/stone,the pieces from that harvesting would jiggle half in/out of said harvesting hole....sometimes.
    ...and thank you for the explanations :) it explains why now the game runs so smoothly for me.my pc is just a laptop.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!