Crash with no notice(same as steam thread)

• I hate steam so i'm starting this thread here.
    @lucien.schuenke was the thread handler:

ok,the game randomly just closes.no message/error,just closes.
    there are NO files in the game folder with my current date/time except server.history file,so i'm stumped as to what file could give you guys insite into this problem. ?(

EDIT: pastebin "hs_err file"

• Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your understanding! :)

The log file indicates (can't say for sure) that you are using an Intel HD Graphics card? Can you please open the directx diagnostic tools (press [windowskey] + R and type dxdiag), go to the tab "Display" and tell me the graphics card name (on the left side), driver version and date (on the right side)?
    I guess you don't have a secondary graphics card?

• Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your understanding! :)

The log file indicates (can't say for sure) that you are using an Intel HD Graphics card? Can you please open the directx diagnostic tools (press [windowskey] + R and type dxdiag), go to the tab "Display" and tell me the graphics card name (on the left side), driver version and date (on the right side)?
    I guess you don't have a secondary graphics card?

here ya go @red51
    screengrab

• Alright, according to the screenshot, you have an Intel HD 4000. The driver version should be okay (v12), but maybe you can check if there is a newer version available for your computer (Intel already offers v15, but I'm not sure if you can use the original drivers) ;)
    Is there a way to reproduce the error? Or does it just crash randomly?

• Alright, according to the screenshot, you have an Intel HD 4000. The driver version should be okay (v12), but maybe you can check if there is a newer version available for your computer (Intel already offers v15, but I'm not sure if you can use the original drivers) ;)
    Is there a way to reproduce the error? Or does it just crash randomly?

@red51 it seems to be fairly random. last night. I looked on intel's site,they said I needed to update my driver through the manufacturers site(if one is available),over at Sony's site,the only driver version available is from 2012,much older than my driver version.i will keep an eye on things and see if I can some way reproduce the error.ill reply here with any findings.is it in any way possible for me to re-try the previous version? this hasn't been happening from the beginning when I first bought the game.that would at least give me more insight into the issue.:)

• I'm not willing to say that rising world has anything to do with the randomness of the game closing.being somewhat computer savvy I decided to dig through my files to see what could possibly be causing the issue.im not sure which one did the trick but heres what I changed/deleted:
    UPDATE: JUST CLOSED AGAIN AFTER AN HOUR OF PLAY(now does this less frequently)

i use a 55" led tv for my laptops monitor,I changed the resolution to the optimum recommended setting.removed all of my dev tools.jmonkey engine,eclipse sts also removed every steam game except this one.also removed glyph (client for the game trove).after doing all of that,I've been playing on the deadlands for over an hour uninterrupted(yes I still lose connection to that server every 15-20 minutes)although this is the only game or program that has ever done this since owning this laptop.
    2:27pm fc again

• Really strange :huh: Maybe you can enable debug console (edit config.properties file in your game directory and set "game_debug_console" to true), when playing the game, you see all relevant output. When stopping the game (and usually also when it crashes), there should be a log file in the "Logs" folder. Perhaps you can send me this log once the error occurs again?

• Really strange :huh: Maybe you can enable debug console (edit config.properties file in your game directory and set "game_debug_console" to true), when playing the game, you see all relevant output. When stopping the game (and usually also when it crashes), there should be a log file in the "Logs" folder. Perhaps you can send me this log once the error occurs again?

no log file @red51 just the hs_err_log file...so here ya go

• The last one is a different log, don't know the reason for that vm crash. The previous logs are all related to rendering, something your graphics card can't handle correctly ?( Maybe it helps to lower your graphical settings (especially detail distance)?

• well I'll try a few things i suppose.
    task manager says I'm using around 13-1700mb under the memory tab which includes an error code 201
    this reads the same for either single or multiplayer @red51 is errorcode 201 a java fail?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!