Assault Rifle

• I don't think hunting animals with an assault rifle is a thing....unless you just want to kill animals which imo is not hunting. Imagine shooting a rabbit with a weapon shooting 200rounds/minute, assuming you hit it there won't be anything left to recover from it.

on your question now, I believe the devs have already been asked at some earlier point about modern day weapons and from what I recall the answer was they didn't intend to. They intended to add only bows, crossbows, then I think a flintlock was mentioned at some point as well as cannons (not for hunting). So basically more primitive weapons.

• I mean I hunt with what is considered a assault rifle Ar 10 which is chambered in a 308 a very common hunting round, just make it a semiautomatic. But I would prefer having a bow, musket or cross bow.

• I don't think hunting animals with an assault rifle is a thing....unless you just want to kill animals which imo is not hunting. Imagine shooting a rabbit with a weapon shooting 200rounds/minute, assuming you hit it there won't be anything left to recover from it.

on your question now, I believe the devs have already been asked at some earlier point about modern day weapons and from what I recall the answer was they didn't intend to. They intended to add only bows, crossbows, then I think a flintlock was mentioned at some point as well as cannons (not for hunting). So basically more primitive weapons.

Not to be pedantic, but most "assault rifles" can be switched between single shot, 3 round burst and full auto.

• Great - So let's go fishing (a small fish) ... of course with (sea)mines - "kabooom" - Where's the fish ??? 8|8o:D:thumbsup:

Next day:

Let's hunt a bear - We need a trap - What kind of trap? ... Oh I see. So we have some fish(parts) and a lot of dynamite - Any idea ?!? 8|8o:D:thumbsup:

Yes, this must be a joke...or not - In Farcry (I belive part 4) you could go fishing with a granadelauncher - I hope we get more realistic hunting and fishing stuff!

• Bows & arrows, crossbows, muskets, pistols. Canons you'd find in colonial era sail ships & fortresses in Medieval era. Things you'd find in other survival type games. Red51 wants this to be more on the survival side that this isn't going to be Call of Duty, nor Battlefield type games. Just simple survival weapons you see in survival movies.

• Ok, I know this comment is over 2 months old, but keep in mind that this game has electric lights in it, so guns should be a thing if there is electric lighting.

• The modern lighting was added early most likely for building nice homes but an industrial crafting system is planned. there will be electricity, circuitry, and plumbing. but that's a ways away. as others have mentioned, new weapons are planned. a few bow and arrow sets, a crossbow, and a few guns (including a musket) have been modeled and most likely to be bundled with the player model update.

• Ok, I know this comment is over 2 months old, but keep in mind that this game has electric lights in it, so guns should be a thing if there is electric lighting.

I am sorry but I don't really see the connection between electricity and modern weapons (not talking about AA guns or missile silos yes those need electricity to work). I highly doubt any of them use electricity to shoot but rather mechanical parts with springs etc. It would make more sense to me to connect electricity with a tesla gun or something similar but that would be wayyy too futuristic for RW.
    As @zfoxfire said I would love to see some proper flintlock rifles or muskets but I would think an assault rifle could only come as a mod to this game. Also note that if you would hunt animals with a gun like an assault rifle that would need multiple bullets to kill the animal then a penalty should be introduced to the hide you are gathering since bullet-holes are not that fancy on a leather jacket and thus part of the leather would have to be thrown away XD

• Hi all, I dont see why we have to have any guns at all.. Its a building game more than a survival game which pleases me as there are so many survival games to play and gun related games... I think this game is UNIQUE as it is . If you want guns ect i suggest you find another game to play and leave this one alone !!

• Hi all, I dont see why we have to have any guns at all.. Its a building game more than a survival game which pleases me as there are so many survival games to play and gun related games... I think this game is UNIQUE as it is . If you want guns ect i suggest you find another game to play and leave this one alone !!

As far as I know the survival aspects are coming later so guns may be interesting in future. At the moment you're right. It is a building game but it is still in development and will not stay like this. I like it as building game but I also like the survival aspect this game may have in future. I think the best way is to play the game as you like best. What I want to say is that even if there are guns in the game doesn't mean you have to use them. But there may be others who want to use them. :)

• Yes of course, what i really dont want is having to use guns to survive, Mainly i enjoy the building aspect of the game and some survival gameplay is also good.. I havent killed any animals in the game but i do like having them around :) I would just hate for this game to become another fighting/survival game. As ive said before the survival aspect is too easy atm so i look forward to the future of harder things.. TY for all feedback

• Well I think you don't have to worry. There is a option to turn different types of animals off. I think this will stay in future and make it possible to play peaceful. Red51 is doing a great job with this game and I think it is and will be one of the best because you have different options to play it.

• Its a Fantastic game and thumbs up to the developers, And i totally agree the game is what you make it !!... Im a 54 yr lady so guns and fighting really isnt my thing... Remember its only my opnion on guns ect... I welcome any new challenges this game has to offer. I simply enjoy this game :)

• Yes of course, what i really dont want is having to use guns to survive, Mainly i enjoy the building aspect of the game and some survival gameplay is also good.. I havent killed any animals in the game but i do like having them around :) I would just hate for this game to become another fighting/survival game. As ive said before the survival aspect is too easy atm so i look forward to the future of harder things.. TY for all feedback

I totally agree and I have repeated several times in other threads that turning RW into a game where you have to fight, use weapons and the like to go on will make it the n-th variation of a paradigm which is already abundant.

I would surely welcome more exacting survival components, as long as they are "reasonable", in the sense that there is rhyme and reason for them and they blend with the general frame, not just because "everybody else does it". Call it "realism" if you like; I don't think it should necessarily be a replica of the real life, but it should be a self-consistent, functional whole (and reproducing (part of) the real life is possibly the easier way to achieve this, but not the only one).

For instance, physiologic aspects could / should be enhanced: body temperature, hunger, thirst, affecting speed and strength and so on.

Weapons and hunting might surely be part of it; I would try not to use them, but if other players will enjoy it and play the role of the hunter, to provide (sell?) game to other players more interested in building and crafting, this could be a way to enhance the interaction between players too (another part which could usefully be expanded). But, as I said, IMHO there should be reasons and functions.

• As far as I know the survival aspects are coming later so guns may be interesting in future. At the moment you're right. It is a building game but it is still in development and will not stay like this. I like it as building game but I also like the survival aspect this game may have in future. I think the best way is to play the game as you like best. What I want to say is that even if there are guns in the game doesn't mean you have to use them. But there may be others who want to use them. :)

Simonk sums it up nicely.

We're basically getting the 'survival' side of the weaponry that you'd expect in a medieval era timeframe, and then a modern era as we tech up into that. We'll start in Medieval era so we'll have bows & arrows, among other things, then we'll gradually tech our way into modern era, or so was Red51's plans. You can also even lock it into eras of medieval only, or modern only. You can expect only survival oriented firearms of pistols, muskets, and such....nothing major. Basically things for hunting & 'self-defense' so you can protect yourself from pirates, bandits, raiders, hostile loggers, wild predatory animals, and other players (if PVP server). Yeah. We're even going to get those canons from colonial era, the ones you see on sail ships from the 1800's. Shall be fun times.

Makes me wonder if we can expect a harpoon gun for when we go swimming in the ocean/water when sharks & such were to be added, only attacking when hungry. Sharks only attack when hungry.....Killer Whales tend to troll a bit......What IS hostile, I wonder.

Survival would also contain what's in '7 Days to Die' of environmental effects of having to stay hot in cold biomes & vice versa. You would get sick from the elements if you don't stay warm in a cold climate, or gain heat stroke when not keeping cool. Even probably getting your character sick when not clothed properly, or dried off from rain, or when coming out of moist areas (lakes). Various sorts.

I mentioned having zombies, but only on the condition that they would be rare & regional. They would only be found in a very rare village on some island somewhere in ruins. They won't wander out, and such....just more of a 'lore' thing. People seem to be so hostile to this idea, even when contained in a region, that it's frustrating. I know people don't want zombies, just that even when contained in a rare manner that people still refuse. It's a shame.

But yeah, Rising World shouldn't be too hard. It's meant to please all player types (casual & hardcore) that everybody shall have fun with it. Red51 is using his common sense, something Mojang struggles with, that he's adding things we desire. He takes things seriously, putting things into the game in a very proper manner while giving us the ability to modify the game however we desire. Make a building only world, or a survival. All up to you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!