constant crashing

• Not sure what's coming in the update tomorrow, hope it's stability! (Rotation and scaling of all the blocks and stuff!)

I'm beginning to think that RW has a built in timer. I cannot play for more than 1 hour, sometimes less, before the game just quits. Luckily everything seems to save but It's getting worse rather than better. I can't pinpoint any particular action or thing that precedes a crash, it's random, but it seems like one hour is the limit. ;(

My system:

iMac (mid 2012) stop laughing, gamers.
    3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
    1TB Harddrive (SSD+mechanical combo)
    OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan

• I would suggest you also upload the RW system log to help with solving your problem, you can find it in the RW directory under: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\Logs (this is if you have the steam version of the game)
    You can see in it what the last entries are before a crash and if they are always the same or not.

Just a side note, Mac computers have had quite many more problems with RW than other systems so far but the devs have been trying to fix every issue that arose promptly.

• As @Minotorious said, a log would be helpful to find out whats going on. There are currently no known bugs which cause a crash, so maybe it's a specific Mac issue, or something else is going on. When the game crashes, there should be either a file called "errorlog", or "hs_err_pid" in your game directory (rightclick on rw in steam -> properties -> local files -> browse local files). If there is such a file, please upload it here :)

• Interesting. Again. :D

This may be happening to me, too, but I didn't recognize it as a RW problem (and I'm still not convinced it is, per se), since there is no fanfare or notification when it happens. In my case, I'm just playing the game and then suddenly I'm not. No alerts, no side effects, no nothing. I assumed I just lost connection or Steam dropped me, but after your posts here I checked my logs in the Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld folder and found several logs just like yours. Maybe one or two a day, and I'm on RW a LOT. :whistling:

Our error logs are extremely similar. Same hardware, same JRE versions and everything. Fact is, the crash seems to be deep in the bowels of the JRE itself. Not as much fun to read as the RW server logs.

I will now pay more attention to these occurrences and see if there are log reports when it happens. In my case I have noticed one particular circumstance that seems to precede these incidents at least some of the time. Namely, when I let the game go idle while I handle a phone call or whatever, and then return to it several minutes (or more) later, as soon as I touch the game window it happens. Too many like that to be imagining it.

If I can narrow down the circumstances, I might find a clue. ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!