Changelog 2017-02-13: Grinder, Tanning rack and more

• Thank you zfoxfire. Unfortunately, the F key was not working for me last night. I tried re-logging and reset it.

Today, I'm going hunting for more pelts, and then I'll try again. :)

• @red51 I encountered a bug in multi-player server with the spinning wheel, when the reel is full of coton it shows the hand but I'm not able to pick it up, unless i log off and relog then it asks for 2-3 turns more of coton and then it let me take the reel. I do it again from an empty reel to a full one and the same happens. I need to relog to be able to get the full reel out of the spinning wheel.

hope this helps, as I'm not the admin of the server and have no access to the logs

mjminfo

• Edit: It was Avast after all. Disabled protection momentarily and now the game finished updating and launched without issues

Glad to hear it worked :) Don't know why it's suddenly causing these issues, we will send a whitelist request to Avast, hope that helps

On that note, I searched, but I didn't see that you guys had put out any sort of timeline for PvE mobs? Monsters?

There will be more enemies after our new playermodels are ready ;) At least some human enemies. Monsters are also planned, but probably they will only appear in dungeons and hell. Unfortunately we have no ETA for that yet... Zombies aren't planned though.

I encountered a bug in multi-player server with the spinning wheel, when the reel is full of coton it shows the hand but I'm not able to pick it u

Yeah, there is indeed a bug with the spinning wheel. There will be a new update available this evening (more likely tomorrow), that should solve this problem ;)

• I have just noticed a duplication bug with the spinning wheel.

If you hit 'f' to pick up the new reel as soon as the progress hits 100% you can pick up another reel a second or two later like normal. So... feed the wheel, progress hits 100%, double tap 'f' and you get 2 reels.

• that happened to me as well...no clue why....but only happened once since the new update so maybe it's just some small glitch (I have GTX950M)

• If you hit 'f' to pick up the new reel as soon as the progress hits 100% you can pick up another reel a second or two later like normal. So... feed the wheel, progress hits 100%, double tap 'f' and you get 2 reels.

This issue should be fixed with the next hotfix (which will be available tomorrow) :)

I gonna buy a new computer. But right now I have a bug. Intel HD 4000

Some people experienced this bug, it seems to occurs randomly. I try to get this fixed with the next hotfix (tomorrow) ;)

• A small hotfix is now available which should solve most of these issues, especially the red water in the menu background scenes ;) I hope the spinning wheel works properly now. It's necessary to update your multiplayer servers as well.

Changelog 0.8.1.2:

• [New] You can shift+click an item now to move it to a chest and vice versa (same as double click)
    • [Change] The rake turns grass into dirt again
    • [Change] Changed texture alignment on construction elements, still WIP
    • [Bugfix] Fixed records not being visible on gramophone
    • [Bugfix] Fixed "red water" in menu background scenes
    • [Bugfix] Seedlings can be planted on farmland blocks again
    • [Bugfix] The spinning wheel should only give a single thread reel at once now
  • A small hotfix is now available which should solve most of these issues, especially the red water in the menu background scenes ;) I hope the spinning wheel works properly now. It's necessary to update your multiplayer servers as well.

Changelog 0.8.1.2:

• [New] You can shift+click an item now to move it to a chest and vice versa (same as double click)

tested it on a new install and all seems to be OK. great work :thumbsup:

Changelog 0.8.1.2:

Thanks for this :)

Confirmed, the Spinning wheel is working exactly as intended now, only 1 reel per use :)

• Been loving this update that it's nice being able to make 'legit' mass-producible gravel. Get a nice pace going on by picking up gravel in front of you as you place stone behind you, spamming it as you go along. Nice how you can just burn through stacks of stone while gaining stacks of gravel. Making roadways now being as how I wanting them that I must thank Red51 in the fullest for giving us this 'ginder' station. It's my most used & favourite one :love:

Haven't used the tanning station much in my sessions, yet I do love how it is decorational. How you need a hunting knife to skin the hide into leather while also being decorational. Once animals can reproduce (on their own & with our assistance) I'll be more active in hunting animals.

The spinning wheel is also a nice addition that I'm loving how you can turn cotton into threads. Stockpiled on a bit of threads in hopes of carpets, clothing, and etc. I really would love to make actual carpet objects in the game that doesn't require posters. Just simple carpet objects. Spinning wheel is my second favourite. Love these interactive work stations.

[Change] Raking sand, snow, mud, gravel etc. no longer turns it into dirt (same applies to the sledgehammer)

When finally building that gravel roadway I'm glad this works as intended. It's less of a hassle that it encourages me building my roadway more. I don't have to fight, fiddle, and such and that should be the key for Rising World. It doesn't sink, it doesn't create a hole, it just levels itself. Everything should be 'smooth'. This is, and I'm now happy. One less thing to fight me. :thumbup:

Yeah, you did awesome with this one that I'm loving it. Looking forward to what may be a 'API & Construction Plan' oriented update coming before the 'Player Models & Animations'. Going off what's been posted.

• My buddy just started playing again for the first time in a while and there is a bug making the game unplayable for him. He sees water through everything. dirt, stone, trees, buildings. All he sees are bodies of water all around him. We have tried everything. we tried all sorts of things in settings, we have verified the game files, and we have completely reinstalled the game. Nothing works.

• I have mixed feelings on ability to make gravel.... it's awesome to have new tools and abilities but, I also liked the challenge of having to forage for gravel... either way it's great. Love the nature blocks although I did get pretty good at trenching and laying in gravel hehe. It just simplifies the process. With the new tanning rack making leather... I'm drooling over what's to come maybe for making armor. Would so LOVE to hear what's coming to us next Red. And, thanks once again for you continued work on this project. We appreciate you.

• I love the new crafting stations! It's awesome that we can interact with these instead of just transferring material into product with a click. I hope the loom will be re-worked sometime to match the awesome tediousness of the spinning wheel. The tanning rack is a awesome idea! it would be awesome if we had to use the hunting knife to get the skin of the animal in the first place. Trust me, it is impossible irl to skin a animal with bare hands lol. And, we should get meat from goats and moose too. I have one question about the player models update, will we be able to change the physique of our characters?

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• @Mardoin and @DaBoiye: Thanks for your feedback :)

I hope the loom will be re-worked sometime to match the awesome tediousness of the spinning wheel

I would love to rework it, but unfortunately that's probably impossible for some of the crafting benches... not sure if this will work for the loom (especially once it gets more crafting recipes, e.g. the new clothes [for the new playermodels])...

it would be awesome if we had to use the hunting knife to get the skin of the animal in the first place

That's actually planned :)

And, we should get meat from goats and moose too

Ideally you will be able to get meat from all animals in the future^^

I have one question about the player models update, will we be able to change the physique of our characters?

The first release of the new characters will only feature some basic customization options (change gender, haircut, hair color, skin color etc). I can't say for sure which options will be available from the beginning. In the long run, there will be definitely some more options (e.g. body height, maybe physique), but I don't know how much we will go into detail.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!