Server Specs

• Hello,

i would like to run an RW-Server.
    Is there anywhere a recommendation about how much RAM/CPU Cores/Disks/etv. etv.
    I just found one for the game in generell but not for the server.

OS is Linux.

Thank & Regards
    MyNameIsThat :thumbsup:

• It depends on how many people you want to play on the server, and also on how big the world is going to be (or more precisely, how much detail you're going to put into your buildings) ;) Usually a dual core CPU should be sufficient. When it comes to RAM, 1 GB should work if you're just playing with a few friends (as long as you're not going crazy with detailed buildings^^). But having a little bit more RAM is definitely preferable. If you want to play with several people and/or the world is going to be big (and detailed), I'd recommend at least 4 GB.
    Very important: Make sure that the 64 bit version of Java is installed (and, ofc, make sure you're using a 64 bit OS^^).

When it comes to disk space, there should be at least 500 MB available (depending on the size of your world, and the amount of custom images). Rising World loves to be installed on an SSD (but a regular HDD is also fine). If you want to play with several people, it's favorable to have a MySQL server for the world.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!