Compass direction?

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • I feel like I'm either confused by the compass interface or it's backwards. Am I reading the red side or the white side of the needle as the direction I'm facing? Choosing either one, when facing "South", and turning to my right (which should be West) it points to East instead. I think the needle is moving the opposite direction that it should be. :S

• There are 3 things you should see on the compass, a red arrow, a white arrow and a small red arrow. The red arrow always points north, similarly the white arrow always points south. Now the small red arrow points to the direction of your "spawn on death" point.

• I think it's confusing cuz a lot of people aren't thinking of how a compass works... we had to have class on it in military so people learn how to navigate. When you turn your body holding compass out in front of you.... the needle does not move... it is you that is moving and facing a new direction... think of needle as magnet always facing North. So, to properly know which direction you are facing takes some experimentation and maybe notes to help remember. We all know turning 90 degrees to your Right is East or Left is West or 180 degrees is South. Similarly, you can turn 45 degrees and will be NW, NE, SE, SW... so, one should just face N (red Arrow pointing to N) and make these turns making note of which arrow points to what on compass. Red arrow = N & S facing, White Arrow = E & W... the tricky part being when turning SE, SW, NE, NW, and variations thereof.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!