Steam not responding .... error back again

• I had this issue prior to the 0.8.1.2 hot fix. I've been playing for 2-3 weeks since. Then this morning I can't start the game. Same error. "Waiting for response from Steam." then the error message saying Steam's servers are not responding. Other games do start up ok. Only affects RW. ;(

I should add, that I played this just last night, and nothing changed as far as I know. It doesn't get past the opening logo screen.

My specs:
    iMac (mid 2012) stop laughing, gamers.
    3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
    1TB Harddrive (SSD+mechanical combo)
    OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan

• Hmm... this time it looks like it was an issue with our servers. They were not able to communicate with the Steam servers 8| I'm sorry for the inconvenience, everything should be back to normal again. We really need to get an offline mode ready for the game.

• The game runs on Macs? I'm not trying to be a butt, my mom asked if this would run on her Mac a few weeks ago, and I told her that I was told macs aren't good for gaming. But thank you for this, that's potentially good news for her, I'll have to go over and test my game on her Mac. That'll potentially make mom very happy. Thank you :)

• Oh. I'm back in now too. Yay! :thumbsup:

Yes. It runs fairly well on my Mac. Tho I do crash/quit almost 1 hour exactly into playing every session. That's OK since I've never lost or corrupted a game. My Mac is fairly high-end. My daughter can't run it on hers. There a few games for us! So I am happy to have Rising World!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!