Tooo Much Rain

• The amount of rain events that happen in the game is honestly turning me off from playing it. I would like to have the sun shine on my projects instead of rain, thunderstorms and fog. It's a bit much. In several of my videos it rains nearly the entire time and sometimes it takes several hours to put a vid together. Scale it back...waaaaay back.

• On Serenity Server, our tech wiz SilverSatin waved his magic wand and now rain stays away most of the time. It's a sight to see, the sky darkens... clouds roll in... BAM! clear day once again! "rain rain go away"

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• My idea about a weather plug-in is somewhat more complex.

The game has an internal calendar, it is then possible to get the current month and day => season. A plug-in could then set a prevalence of clear sky with very occasional storms during summer, more rain and some fog during autumn, more extreme conditions during winter (very bad weather alternated with very clear days), much rain during spring.

A "master volume" setting would tune the whole from a strong prevalence of default weather to the full variability.

In principle, it would be possible to establish a daily cycle too, but unfortunately wind is not supported separately (the wind cycle tends to be daily). Also, it would be possible to define several weather patterns (a 4-season pattern as in temperate latitudes, a 2-season (dry and wet) pattern as in equatorial latitudes) but probably, as the weather is global for the whole world, it would make little sense.

• I agree. I love it that we HAVE weather, but it does seem to rain at least everyday in game days. Sometimes more. Maybe randomized to just 1/3 of days or less? Also fog is pretty darn thick at times, comically so, but I believe this is noted and will be fixed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!