Graphics Anomaly

• Ok, maybe has already been asked and I didn't see it. But, I've been curious what this anomaly is. At first, I thought was just me and maybe a settings thing. Eventually, I seen less and less of it. But, I was asked about it by another player and sure enough we both could see same thing despite having two completely different PC's in different locations. As you walk up towards these anomalies, they vanish but, can see them from afar. I zoomed (z) in on this to take screenshot. So, adding link to screenshot. Is this something we can be rid of with a tweak of a setting or is it just a game bug? Thx Red for taking time to read this.

http://images.akamai.steamuser…0F20B0AAD878E86FF2FC631B/

Darn Steam F12 didn't save to my pc.. ugh.. this is link to public pic in my steam profile.

• that just looks like the world before it has had enough time to render in

• Well.. it doesn't go away though... me and another player viewing this in his lake from up on hillside... When I move in it vanishes.. but is still there for him. So, I assume it has something to do with view & detail distance but, then why is it specific to only happening in some very few places and staying there like that even though waiting long enough for everything to load? We even tried logging out simultaneously then logging back in... still there for both of us to see.

• Ok... that pond, was it dug out by hand or creative tool? On a castle project we dug a moat by hand and it was basically unviewable from a distance bc the moat was full of those dirt tower things.

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• Hmm, I think I'm going to test my theory... time to make myself two ponds, one dug by hand, one by f5 tools, and I'll report back here in a flash! :)

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• If you have manually terraformed the place these things appear when you stand far enough from the place to be outside the rendering distance. From my understanding this happens because the game renders in the original landscape first and then applies on top of it the new man-made landscape.

• Ok, that's kind of what I was suspecting. So, I'm guessing there's no way to fix this issue. I just think it's weird that only happens once in a while and not like let's say... the whole lake area for instance... just one little spot in this case.

• maybe the rest of the lake was pre-existing and someone just made it a bit bigger on that spot? :/ no clue really just guessing here

• Yep, I tested it and that only happens when you dig the hole by hand, basically... what Minotorious said^^^

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!