Windows 10 updates and shutting them off

• Hello All,

I am running Windows 10 home, in Microsoft infinite wisdom they decide to not give me the choice to shut off windows update. Normally that is not an issue, HOWEVER. When my laptop is connected to a hotspot it is. Since Windows does not tell you they are updating it eats up my hotspot.
    Anyone have an ideas? I am trying a regedit that is suppose to tell me when Windows is downloading so that will help but it would be nice to at least pause it till it finds a wireless connection. Microsoft took away the meter option so I cannot even do that. Any thoughts?

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• $200 for Pro or you can go with the systembuild version of Pro which I think is half price. The difference is that the regular pro version is transferable between machines. Systembuild version is only intended to be used on the bios it's registered on first. So if your current computer is on it's last leg, might wanna build a new machine before picking up the systembuild version.

I thought on Home you can just set your network connection type to metered so it wont auto-download. I've never tried this personally as I only use pro versions of Windows due to the nonsense (like this) that they do on Home.

• Well I finally found metered, it is not under advance as How to geeks mention. Microsoft moved it to Manage know networks, click on the network you want to meter, properties and there the meter setting is. I will see how that goes because even with the windows update services disable it went ahead and updated.

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!