• Some ideas some maybe already in the works and I just don't know yet.

However, I would like to see recipes in the game. We have all this food and right now we can't do anything with them besides eating and cooking the meat- and well eating the meat. It would be fun to make something like an apple pie, lemonade, baked potatoes, or even a roast. With the new use of paper, players could make their own recipe cards! that'd be fun.

Placeable items. Things were can put on the shelf, which currently can't actually contain anything. I'd like to fill it with books, or place ore on the shelf, or flowers. That would be really cool and a neat way to enrich our in home environment. I would also like to be able to put flowers in the vases we make.

Currently we only have posters, moose antlers, and moose heads that can be put on a wall. I'm hoping to see more things like mirrors, decorative plates, or really anything else... Oh! Wall clocks! And maybe bigger sizes for the curtains. I didn't stay within the 2x2 window size and frankly the currents we have now can't be expanded to fit.

Sliding glass doors? That would be neat, or at least glass doors.

Some things I am not sure if anyone has mentioned yet:

• Fish and fishing? We have all this water, that would be really cool!
    • Woodworking, to make decorations like figurines.
    • Making pumpkins edible. They have a lot of uses as a food, like pumpkin pie, pumpkin juice, baked pumpkin.
    • Adding spices like pepper, salt, cinnamon, cumin, ect.
    • Improved water manipulation, I'm sure this is being worked on, but mentioning it to show interest.
    • Alternative use for the furs we get besides leather: like a blanket or maybe be able to make them pelt rugs like the bear.
    • Carpets or carpet textured blocks.
    • Misc. things like candles, wax, the ability to pick up and move light fixtures.
    • Craft Records for the Gramophone, I know we can find them (and they're difficult to find for sure) but it would be nice to be able to at least maybe craft a handful of what's available.
    • More colors and styles for the Gramophone.
  • not sure if woodworking or wall clocks are planned but pretty much everything else on that list is planned or atleast being considered.

The API does support importing custom static 3d models. So if you want to import some wooden models you could use the Static Models plugin.

StaticModels

I'll suggest this to my server owner! Thank you.

• Craft Records for the Gramophone, I know we can find them (and they're difficult to find for sure) but it would be nice to be able to at least maybe craft a handful of what's available.

Do you mean, that you want to record your own sounds in Rising World or to craft the existing records? And if you mean to craft the records that exist in the game isn't that ingame pirate copying? 8|

• Do you mean, that you want to record your own sounds in Rising World or to craft the existing records? And if you mean to craft the records that exist in the game isn't that ingame pirate copying? 8|

That's a good question!

I do mean being able to craft the records that are currently available from resources you have in the world. It's not pirate copying, it's just giving some or all the records a crafting recipe.

Minecraft does something similar with a small amount of their records, some can be made or created out of situational happenstance. For example, if a skeleton kills a creeper it drops a record called Cat and only that record.

The goal is just to try and make them a little more accessible. Even if it's just one or two records in the game.

• The pint with the pirate copying was meant to a joke.
    It just sounds crazy to me to craft records because in real life you need at least a DAW to produce the music before you can put it on a CD or something. If I think of crafting a record, I think of someone at the sawbench, who saws discs from treelogs. Don't ask why. Not even I understand whats going on in my head.
    But you're right with the accessibility.

• Alright, from what you listed..........

Fish & Fishing: I really do want to see fish & fishing because that's how you start off surviving. It's also something that keeps you alive throughout the years because it regrowns. You can go for salmon, tuna, clams, mussels, and etc. I do hope we get both fish AND the likes of mussels, clams, and oysters to farm up. Fishing is coming, just how detailed we'll have to see.

Woodworking (Figuring & etc): Yup! I agree here it would be neat to make more decoration goods. Even metal working stuff into model kits and such. Making model anchors, and the like.

Pumpkin: Having pumpkin pie is the first thing. The next thing would be to make smoothies out of it (not a fan), as well even slicing up the inner parts as pumpkin slices. It needs to be something you eat, yes.

Improved Water manipulation: I agree fully here. Even having it level with the other water so it can just fill in all the voids. Just snap to the other water to also reach down to the bottom layer of a solid block so you can easily make a canal. It doesn't have to be dynamic, just simple-coded to just behave properly.

Fur: I agree here that we should be able to make rugs & blankets because floor decoration is at a loss currently. I also hate seeing posters used as a solution because it becomes tedious when you lose a world and etc. YOu easily loose track. Would also be sweet if we could use all our wool and cotton to produce carpets & rugs.

Candles & Wax: Oh! Nice idea. Would be sweet going down to the basics of things by having candles. I'd agree here.

Craft Records for the Gramophone, I know we can find them (and they're difficult to find for sure) but it would be nice to be able to at least maybe craft a handful of what's available.

I agree here. Being able to duplicate them for others should be possible, but only with a musical copying device. NPC Traders probably could offer up that ability, and they really should be able to barter their musical supply for you to obtain. It shouldn't just be an abandoned cabin thing, but also an NPC Trader/Merchant thing. Would love to barter some ores & food for a record, as well as any musical MP3 data, or whichever we get later on.

I wonder if it's possible to 'vanilla' import music by turning it into a record when we get music NPCs to do the recording while borrowing from the poster uploading system. Burn a record into existence by grabbing from the computer and such. I wouldn't worry about copyright when it's kept to your world, and etc.

I also agree that variations for the gramophone would be sweet. Similar with the paper press, as that's been lacking a bit.

• I don't think pumpkin smoothies would taste good, but it would be cool to be an option anyway! Or even have roasted pumpkin seeds! I love those for sure! They don't even have to be very filling and with salt- omg. It would be awesome.

Ohh I didn't think about metal working! Yea that would be so cool! Oh man.

I am a little iffy on importing music- but I imagine lots of people really-really want to do this. I just worry about copy-right infringements for songs that are still under protection.

As for the gramophone, I was using mine the other day and I realise that I wish it was a bit louder. It's a little too quiet even when you're standing RIGHT besides it.

• That's a good question!
    I do mean being able to craft the records that are currently available from resources you have in the world. It's not pirate copying, it's just giving some or all the records a crafting recipe.

I don't think this is going to happen. The records are considered treasure, a way to get you to explore and feel rewarded when you collect them. Maybe Red can make them craftable in creative mode. :)

I am a little iffy on importing music- but I imagine lots of people really-really want to do this. I just worry about copy-right infringements for songs that are still under protection.

As for the gramophone, I was using mine the other day and I realise that I wish it was a bit louder. It's a little too quiet even when you're standing RIGHT besides it.

Importing music and playing them on a in-game radio device is definitely on the list, if it happens it will be single player only due to copyright woes.
    A louder gramophone is a done deal! 8)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!