What We Like about Rising World.

• I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread where people talk about what they like about Rising World. There is so many posts about what can be improved, what we want in the game, what's going wrong. Instead, let's talk about what we do like in the game, the things we feel that they have right so far that really make Rising World special. The focus here isn't about how to improve, or what to improve. While undoubtedly improvements can be made, this thread is focusing on positivity! Sure we can let the numbers do the talking but why not tell them what it is that keeps us coming back? What keeps us playing and inviting others to try their game and hoping that they'll love it too. The things that make us excited.

I'll start by talking about the weather; rain and weather systems in games isn't loved by everyone, I know. But I'm in love with the rain in this game, I find it to be really soothing and it's not a loud noise that's abrasive. I have had experience from other games where I just turn off the volume while it's raining because the sound of the rain isn't pleasant. Then there is the storms! It's awesome how the thunder can at times sound far away or close by, like it does in real life. I'm really looking forwards to seeing how this system evolves.

Honestly, I can go on about what I really love about this game so far but I want to hear from the community too, let's make this a fun discussion!

• - Weather: it's nicely done with how it has overcast, rain, heavy rain, and thunder. Even that fog that rolls in with multiple levels. The white snowy fog is something you should naturally experience in the game, as with the morning after a freezing rain event causing the area to be misty foggy shiny white.

- Lakes: these are by far the best biome in the game. It has that nice attention to detail that you can get coves, bumpy edges, and neat views out of it when paired up with pine forests. Quite a beautiful bumpy biome.

- Gramophone with how you can now collect music while also having a wider variety to them. Just love how you can listen to the older versions of the free royalty music, such as the 'Flight of the Valkyrie'. It's one of those tracks I want to re-obtain in my multiplayer world.

- Torches & Lights: How you can hold a torch that it lights up everything around. As you move, so does the light. It's the best feature. When you go underwater anything that's fire dims out.

It's the level of passion behind everything that makes everything stand out in realism and awesomeness. I love it. The building complexity, the food, the thirst, survival aspect. The whole 'Skyrim' take to it in a Minecraft manner.

• Good idéa !

What I like in Rising World :
    - Building. Yes, it took time for each build you want. More time than you expect because you try beams, banisters, blocs combinations and you realize you can add details everywhere.
    - Lights and render : once you "finish" (I never really finish a build ^^) and you walk across, you have a smile. @ArrticuKitsu talked about Skyrim and I agree : the builds are real, have great ambience in it. It's feel alive.
    - actives workbench and in game placements. I had a blast the first time I build a furnace and put my first ore into. The new workenches add more, and the grinding wheel or taming rack or spinning wheel have the same behavior : you really interact and not only play with button in a GUI. The size of worbenches and the fact we have to work with : we have reason to build specific houses for this workbench.
    - consistency of development. Yes, it take time too. but each update is smart and add to the game. I feel Red51 knows where he wants to go.
    - Flares ! when I'm tired of building, I search for deep caves. with torches, some planks and flares, I have a great time
    - Ambience : sounds effects underground are amazing, the music (the new one is very calm, I love it), the fog in the forest in the morning.

Sorry for my english !

• I have to note the music also when it comes to underground, as well as the few new BGM types for the surface. I believe I heard the new one that came with the map update. And yes, I love how the textures readjust to make it look natural. There's just lots to this, as well as the rock crusher to make gravel, as well as the loom, the hide display to make leather, and such. It's all awesome, I love it.

• I absolutely Lurvve this game, i never played minecraft wich i believe is similar to this but that game looked a bit childish/cartoonist to me hence why i never played it.... But this game ticks all the boxes for me..love the building/minning foraging,farming small things like picking flowers , hearing the animals as you go by them (not the ones that kill me tho ) the sunset even tho i wish that would last a bit longer b4 it gets dark,at the moment i really cant fault it !! such a great relaxing way to waste some hrs pottering around doing my own thing.....with the rain and wind i expect to hear some lightning crack but not yet lol that would be awesome too.. Endless possabilities to be had Such a massive fan ( A GREAT GAME ) <3

• Sorry, I forgot one more thing.

Having played Minecraft heavily I loved the whole open world freedom of it, something Rising World now has and in greater detail. I love how you can mine up your resources, go anywhere, do anything, something Rising World does better in areas. I respect Minecraft because it allowed me to get in touch with building, surviving, exploring, and everything inbetween. I can't just shun it, even having played it. Minecraft is a neat game you should play just so you're familiar with it on the survival side of things (without complaining it's tedious). Everything on the basic level is what makes Minecraft fun. The whole mining, farming, and surviving. It's however "too blocky" for my taste when you want to add in appliances and character customizations. I'm having my itches to play Minecraft again, but this time on the Nintendo Switch. It seems my desire to shelf Minecraft is struggling, even though I know Mojang to be sloppy developers not really caring what the community thinks.

What Minecraft lacks is Rising World's greatness.

Basically.......Food, water, surviving, posters, building, planks, crafting stations, interactive crafting station, and such surpasses Minecraft. Even how the underwater portions has some form of sea life, as with ruins in the water. How you can cook your food, how you craft, harvest food, and such. (and anything I mentioned above. There's just way too much).

If we can gain those bandits, raiders, and pirates then we'll surely be in an awesome place with Rising World. What Rising World needs though is actual books that obeys the rules of bookshelving, boats, submarines, scuba gear, trains, horses, and such. Some of those are actually coming, while others are more on the fence as we wait. We even need the rivers, swamps, jungles, more desert, and such to be added into the game.

• One of my favorite things about this game is ease of construction. I've had several customers ask me "you built all of that since I've been here?" In addition, the game's given me new avenues of conversation. When I first bought this game, I was horrible at construction; all of my houses ended up looking like bland barracks. So, I went to a variety of Pinterest, diy, and Better Homes websites to look at pictures and floor plans. All I really wanted to do was get better at the game, but I unintentionally became at least moderately knowledgeable about different architecture styles. Granted, it's not a big deal, but it's given me better common grounds for light conversation and friendly banter. Most of my other interests....are highly specialized. In other words, while most of my friends aren't interested in gemology, aviation, metallurgy, and MMA, almost all of them have backburner plans about how they'd like to remodel their house or mental blueprints of their future dream home. Plus, my wife and I have great fun driving around trying to identify different architecture styles.

So, in other words, most of my games haven't had any effect on my real-life experiences, but this one has and still does. Not only is that the aspect that I love the most about this game, it's also what I'm highly appreciative of; it's opened up a whole new world for me.

• @handzon
    Ohh yea! The sunset and rise is pretty! But that mining, I was doing some heavy rock mining the other day and I got to noticing that the sounds your pick makes around ores changes depending on how much ore is in the rock where you hit compared to just hitting stone. So like, hitting a heavy density of copper makes a metallic sound but further away around the edges the sound changes. I'm really enjoying that a lot.

@ArcticuKitsu
    Minecraft is definitely a whole other experience, it is also the first open-world-voxel game I had ever played. It has it's own good moments, but they certainly don't have the same eye for detail that the creators and developers of Rising World has. I like both, but they're certainly difficult to compare, at least for me. I like that we don't have to draw out the shapes of what we're making in Rising World that part I am definitely not missing!

@Ryan
    Wow! It sounds like this game has had quite an impact! It's really great to know that this game is able to do something positive for a user, I'm really glad you shared your story! I'm really hoping to get my family into this game too, and be able to have something to that we can all be together one again. As I mentioned above, I used to play Minecraft and we used to play that together. But I think Rising World has a richer environment. Maybe you can share some screen shots of your builds, that would be fun to see.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!