Dynmap functionality in RW maps ?

• Yes, that's planned :) In the future the map tiles will be synced with the server, so a mp server can easily use these images for a Dynmap-like feature. It's our intention to support this "out of the box".
    We also did some experiments with an isometric view. This provided some great looking results, but it's still tricky to arrange the map tiles properly (especially since every player can only render a limited area), so unfortunately I can't say much about the iso view yet

• @red51 that isometric view is the 3d view in Dynmap, and It would be a charm to have it in RW, maybe not at first I'll be glad just with 2D to start with.

If it will be included in game that would be perfect.

As for the rendering, the way Dynmap works is that all the map from the start is blank, and as the players discover the map then it is displayed on the map. There are 3 layers in Dynmap ; overworld ( the normal earth ) with the caves being optional, the End , and the underworld (hell). All are in 2 options 2D or 3D.

Can not request much, just that if it's included then I'll be happy with what comes up.

Thanks <3:thumbsup:
    MJMinfo

• Since Rising World is all in one world, maybe have a way to render different min/max heights in certain increments (layers). Of course this would mean more disk space and rendering time. For example, from hell to sky limit in increments of 1 would be the biggest file size and take the most rendering power (not recommended) where as increments of 100 units would be far less disk space and more server friendly.

76561198004224157.pngXalzia1.png Click f7a2f1102a1ddf010fe4b97b0266ff15fe810329_full.jpg me for my steam profile

• Yes, that's planned :) In the future the map tiles will be synced with the server, so a mp server can easily use these images for a Dynmap-like feature. It's our intention to support this "out of the box".
    We also did some experiments with an isometric view. This provided some great looking results, but it's still tricky to arrange the map tiles properly (especially since every player can only render a limited area), so unfortunately I can't say much about the iso view yet

Yes! Please make this available! Looks awesome!

• This is awesome news that I'm glad this is being considered and experimented with. I can't wait to have this activated, but 'player models & animations' first? Yeah, so many awesome features planned that it's making me far to excited that you could mistake me for being drunk, or something. Red51 knows what he's doing.

I'm now curious if Nitrado will allow me to run this, or if I'll have to deal with their latency instability issues again. It's great we're having this, but is the world ready for what Rising World has to offer? :thumbsup:

--------------

Edit: Would be neat if registered members would be able to plot & place markers down (the ones on the server) on the map so we could claim what area is ours, or have some grid (E-4), or something to mark an area.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!