[plugin]Chest Protection 1.2

• Bump to let you know i have done another update

Now chests let you know when you open them if they have a owner and if they are locked or unlocked

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I builded a chest after installing the plugin.

it says that i placed this chest with id70

than i want to change the pin.... i unlocked the chest,but cant add other users or add another pin

i this case it says that the chest is bot my chest... but i builded it a few sekonds ago....

is this a known bug ?

• Been trying some "testing"... Here is what I saw happening (attached). Does not appear to work as I understand it should but may not understand how it is supposed to work.

CPTesting.txt

Strange ok ill take a look into this bug, Cheers

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • there is a problem with regular players being able to remove old chests so they can replace them. Old chests being chests placed before the plugin was installed. Only admins can remove the chests it seems. Also have noticed a corruption of items when passing things like chests directly between players while running this plugin.

• I would love to run this on my server but there are way to many chests to replace by myself with hundreds of claims built on the server. I would have to reset the server and there are to many builds to loose. Regular players need to be able to remove old chests to be able to replace them.

• Well I just tried your chest protection out and as before, when using the plugin on an existing server, only the admins can remove any of the chests that were set before the plugin was installed. No regular player may remove any chest that was placed before the plugin was installed. On old servers with hundreds of claims, this is unmanageable for the admins to remove every chest so every player may replace the chests so they may lock them. It also makes picking up chests in the ruined huts and the pyramids impossible. This plugin, in my opinion, is only good for new servers or small servers that have very few chests placed. I tested this out on my server and had to remove it because of this fact.

to stress the point let's do some math.

100 players with 10 chests each make 1000 chests to replace.

• Well I just tried your chest protection out and as before, when using the plugin on an existing server, only the admins can remove any of the chests that were set before the plugin was installed. No regular player may remove any chest that was placed before the plugin was installed. On old servers with hundreds of claims, this is unmanageable for the admins to remove every chest so every player may replace the chests so they may lock them. It also makes picking up chests in the ruined huts and the pyramids impossible. This plugin, in my opinion, is only good for new servers or small servers that have very few chests placed. I tested this out on my server and had to remove it because of this fact.

to stress the point let's do some math.

100 players with 10 chests each make 1000 chests to replace.

oO thats strange as all chests that have not been added to the chest protection plugin should be unprotected oO ill look into why this seems to be not the case.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • The chests are accessible but can not be removed by a regular player. Admins can do it fine it is the regular player I am concerned about.

and since you are looking into it, it would be nice for the admins to have a way to set down unowned chests for new players to discover and be able to raid and pick up or a way to relinquish ownership after setting a chests down. Think of it like gifting the chest without being there. In this way we could replenish the chests raided and taken by the new players.

• The chests are accessible but can not be removed by a regular player. Admins can do it fine it is the regular player I am concerned about.

and since you are looking into it, it would be nice for the admins to have a way to set down unowned chests for new players to discover and be able to raid and pick up or a way to relinquish ownership after setting a chests down. Think of it like gifting the chest without being there. In this way we could replenish the chests raided and taken by the new players.

ok ill look into this, but you do know if you lay a chest down, it can be unlocked and any player can then take stuff from it. /cp unlock id 1234

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • yes I do, but I was thinking about being able to replenish the chests in the wild so they may be picked up later by newbies but I can live without that, though it would be nice to have the option. It is nice to not have to make a chest because you found 1 while finding your claim. It is like spawning plants and animals after the horde has striped the land. :) I really do like this plugin and have experienced it on other servers . I like it's options and would like to use this but this 1 problem with the chests and a survival player not being able to pick up a chest in the wild or a player not being able to pick an old chest up on his own claim is preventing me from using this. I also use your area protection program FYI.

ok ill look into this, but you do know if you lay a chest down, it can be unlocked and any player can then take stuff from it. /cp unlock id 1234

• yes I do, but I was thinking about being able to replenish the chests in the wild so they may be picked up later by newbies but I can live without that, though it would be nice to have the option. It is nice to not have to make a chest because you found 1 while finding your claim. It is like spawning plants and animals after the horde has striped the land. :) I really do like this plugin and have experienced it on other servers . I like it's options and would like to use this but this 1 problem with the chests and a survival player not being able to pick up a chest in the wild or a player not being able to pick an old chest up on his own claim is preventing me from using this. I also use your area protection program FYI.

you know you can put chests inside chests right lol but yeah i see your point

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump to let you guys know i have now fixed the problem with unprotected chests been protected oO
    of cause this needs testing oO

i have also added /cp unprotect id pincode so now you can unprotect your chests

if you have a chest with id 264 to unprotect that chest type in chat /cp unprotect 264 1234

1234 is the default pincode

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Thank you very much, I will try this out as soon as I can.

Works great assuming the old stuff still works :)

survival players can pick up unowned chests and they can pick up there own chests on there own claims now and the chests can be unowned now :)

GOOD WORK!!!

THANKS ALOT !!!

• I can live with this but did you know that to be able to pick up a chest that you own you have to unprotect it first? I am not Shure about admins but I know regular players are this way. Just had an incident where this was tested tonight.

• I can live with this but did you know that to be able to pick up a chest that you own you have to unprotect it first? I am not Shure about admins but I know regular players are this way. Just had an incident where this was tested tonight.

oh that's not right oO lol i will fix this soon, thanks for reporting it ;)

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!