Error: Unknown option

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • Hi,

Since the first time I installed the RW server I had an error with the start script.

If I set the server_memory to anything (here 4096):

If I do not set it:

What I have been doing so far is remove the L option of screen, which seems to then ignore the error and run anyway...

however I'd rather have that fixed, not work around it. Any ideas? Why is saying there is an error in the Xmx Java switch?

This is Debian with Oracle Java 8 U131.

• Ha! Found the solution.

Separate the -L part:

screen -dmS ${SCREEN_NAME} -L ${SCREEN_NAME} java -Xmx${MEMORY}m -Xms$(($MEMORY/2))m -jar server.jar

'@red51 you may want to change the linux script as above.

EDITED: I had previusly suggested screen -dmSL ${SCREEN_NAME} "java -Xmx${MEMORY}m -Xms$(($MEMORY/2))m -jar server.jar" but that just generates a log file with a long name...

• Thanks Marcos - had the exact same problem. Never thought to look at the startup script itself I thought it would be long and convoluted so went straight to startpage - your solution is up the top :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!