More Construction Placement Features, including: Axis Mirroring, Flip Horizontally/Vertically, Duplicate, etc.

• Hello. I like the game so far, and as a casual player, I find it relaxing. Thank you for making the game.

I love the fact that I can change the degree of precision to my liking, and I have a few suggestions concerning building and placement. I am sure these suggestions may be a little late, as a new placement system may or may not be coming soon.

• MODE 1 - Axis Mirroring (X, Y, Z): This is common enough in many games these days (Space Engineers, Planet Explorers, Empyrion I think, Avorion, etc.) This can make symmetrical things easier to do and take less time.

• Flip Horizontally/Vertically: If you are used to using programs like Illustrator, then you know what this is. Basically, it just takes and object and mirrors it instantly to the opposite orientation, either vertically or horizontally.
    • MODE 2 - Duplicate: Functions as long as you have the materials in your inventory. This is not meant to be a further iteration of the blueprint, but it can use the selection tool in the same way. This is meant for smaller projects, like an intricately designed lantern for example. Alternatively, make a new kind of blueprint called "mass production plan" where it costs 10 times as much as a blueprint, but you can create 10 objects from one "blueprint."
    • MODE 3 - Alignment: Maybe this can be included, again, much like it is in Illustrator. I indicate two objects, the second one being the point of reference and the first one being the one to do the moving. I can select to do, either horizontally or vertically, the following options: align to center, align to top/bottom, align left/right.
    • Gap Implementation - Say you are trying to build a bridge or a wall with wooden planks and you want to be able to make the gap between the planks wider or smaller. Gap implementation functions like the cell padding of a cell in a table. It determines how much empty space goes around a plank on the sides or top/bottom individually. Toggle on or off.
    • Be able to rotate the object while it is locked down. (This is already implemented. Just hold control down.)

These are just a few suggestions I came up with as a result of a bit of trial and error building a wooden walkway and staircase. Again, thanks for making the game and for taking the time to read this. Cheers!

• Gap Implementation - Say you are trying to build a bridge or a wall with wooden planks and you want to be able to make the gap between the planks wider or smaller. Gap implementation functions like the cell padding of a cell in a table. It determines how much empty space goes around a plank on the sides or top/bottom individually. Toggle on or off.

I believe this is already implemented as well... If you roll your mouse wheel while laying pnb in a line, it adjusts the gap.

• Hmmm. While in "Manual Mode" (R-Ctrl key to enter), you should be able to position with the arrow/PgUP-DN keys. If you hold the (R-Ctrl key), you should be able to use the arrow/PgUP-DN keys to rotate. R-Crtl is the default unless remapped.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!