Rising World Amazing Build System

• This is the thread that made me finally buy the game.

It would be incredible if it supported actual wood studs and even simulated the physics a bit so that you have to built structurally-sound things. The wood stud part seems easy to do. Someone make this mod!

• you can use existing woodbeams to make studs and build as you like, about physics I don't think they will ever be in the game unless made as a mod.

If physics were added to the game all our builds would come crashing down to the ground XD

• I decided to take this further and treated it like a wood framing simulator...in survival mode! Just like in a real structure, I made: wall studs, headers, top plates, bottom plates, foundation, sheathing, and siding. All in real-world sizes. It was very tedious since it required hundreds of wood planks with different materials and careful resizing every time I switched materials. Took dozens of hours (spread out over a year) because I crafted every one and kept the process as realistic as possible. No mods or plugins.

The design is based on a real building, Frank Howarth's giant shed-like woodshop (watch him build it here):

Finished building:

Compare it to the real-world building:

The dimensions and siding aren't the exactly the same (no custom textures), but everything else I kept close. The interior isn't finished, but I did add the plywood walls and white cloth ceiling.

• Many of us outgrow that first tiny space eventually, as projects (and accumulated junk) outpace the available space. Some of us go on to build workspaces to die for; personally, I feel wholly inadequate whenever I see Frank Howarth’s immense wood shop, with its high ceilings, huge windows for natural light, and what amounts to a loading dock. Whenever I see it I think The work I could do in there!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!