plates, silverware, glasses.

• I love this game. I bought it less than a week ago.

I figured out how to build using the blocks. I haven't figured out the wood building but I will get that figured out. It took me awhile to mine without trapping myself inside the mine. I really love this game. Thank Devs for making this game!

If we could make plates, drinking glasses, and silverware, we could set the tables in our home base.

If we could make vases with flowers in them, we'd have a use for the flowers.

• I hope we can make use of silver during or after the next major player update.

If you want a way to display food then you may want to wander over towards both 'Stranded Deep' for how water is gathered during raining, as well as 'Medieval Engineers' with how food can be displayed on furniture by placing items into slots for it to appear. I would however love free-form display, yet this would be an interesting way to begin with such. The 'Market stand' needs to be made use of by placing food objects into them.

Yeah, would love plates and such to make and make use of.

• It took me awhile to mine without trapping myself inside the mine.

In case you get trapped hit F2 twice and you will get teleported to the surface ;) (that is if you have flight mode disabled in your word if it is enabled you hit F2 once and then you can freely move to wherever you want through the terrain)

• If I knew how to take screenshots in the game. I could show the flowers I placed in front of my building. I was thinking of using the planks to make it look like they are placed in a planter, or I could place grass blocks around them.

@ArcticuKitsu are those other games, or mods? I have been building in Fallout 4 and the sims 4. This kind of building is new to me. I love this kind of building.

• If I knew how to take screenshots in the game.

if you have the steam version hit F12 (you can then view them by scrolling down in the steam library page for RW) else the game has a standalone screenshot system by hitting PrtScr (no idea where this saves them though tbh)

• In case you get trapped hit F2 twice and you will get teleported to the surface ;) (that is if you have flight mode disabled in your word if it is enabled you hit F2 once and then you can freely move to wherever you want through the terrain)

Is there somewhere that tells us what the controls in the game are? I die often in the mines so that's my way out. I break the walls and usually fall into a underground tunnel or I try to look into a tunnel and fall in.

• ok I checked in game and:

1) If you press Esc and Settings you can see most controls there, also if you go to the Miscellaneous tab you can see some advanced settings.
    2) There are a lot of console commands available in game (console opens with the ~ key on most pcs but depends on your keyboard, eitherway it is always the key next to 1 and below Esc). For these you have to find them scattered all across the forums unfortunately. Some important ones are:
    gm 1 to set creative mode (gm 0 to set back to survival mode)
    setr N to set plank/beam/log etc. rotation precision (where N a number, unit in degrees)
    setp N to set plank/beam/log etc. positioning precision (where N a number, no unit as far as I know)
    setl N to set plank/beam/log etc. resizing precision (where N a number, no unit as far as I know)
    item woodplank/woodlog/woodbeam etc. N T (N number you want T texture you want them in) This applies to all other items too if you want to spawn them.
    object Name N T (N number you want T texture you want them in) This applies to all objects if you want to spawn them.
    3) If you press F1 while holding a beam for instance it will give you all the info on how to resize/place etc.

• Thank you! :)

Here is the flower picture and a rock I made look like a cat sitting.

• @ArcticuKitsu are those other games, or mods? I have been building in Fallout 4 and the sims 4. This kind of building is new to me. I love this kind of building.

Other games, yeah. Standed Deep & Medieval Engineers are two games to check out in how items are displayed outside of your inventory, and how I feel Rising World should handle its items. Buckets to capture water, to display food plate items on tables, and to have item racks, and etc. Even (again) to make use of market stalls by being able to place & store items onto there.

Yeah, Red51 should experiment with the market stall because it's just bland. That, and bookshelves. Red51 should treat the market stall as the food table item in Medieval Engineer so you can also barter without actually being there. Barter items for ores & resources, or whichever.

• Other games, yeah. Standed Deep & Medieval Engineers are two games to check out in how items are displayed outside of your inventory, and how I feel Rising World should handle its items. Buckets to capture water, to display food plate items on tables, and to have item racks, and etc. Even (again) to make use of market stalls by being able to place & store items onto there.

Yeah, Red51 should experiment with the market stall because it's just bland. That, and bookshelves. Red51 should treat the market stall as the food table item in Medieval Engineer so you can also barter without actually being there. Barter items for ores & resources, or whichever.

I haven't build those items yet. I saw on utube someone put carrots and tomatoes into the market stall. It looked like it held an unlimited amount of them.

I'm going to use the fly cheat because I did it again. I opened up a hole into a tunnel of death in my mine. I've been trying to find gold but every mine I've dug has a tunnel under it and I can't dig down any more. So I have to abandon the mine and start another one. I'm going to fly down and see what's down there.

• when you find a tunnel just jump down (or climb down if you are in survival mode) and then keep digging....gold is found in big quantities after -400 in depth so you have to do some serious digging :P

• when you find a tunnel just jump down (or climb down if you are in survival mode) and then keep digging....gold is found in big quantities after -400 in depth so you have to do some serious digging :P

Every time I try to look down and see if there's a way down, I fall in and die. I make dangerous mines so I have to be very cafefull when I go in otherwise I die. I think I make them too steep. I haven't got the angle going down right yet.

• to avoid falling damage you can use creative mode (by typing gm 1 in the console as I wrote above ;) ) That is if going creative doesn't break your game immersion.

• I haven't build those items yet. I saw on utube someone put carrots and tomatoes into the market stall. It looked like it held an unlimited amount of them.

'Yeah, those are actually posters to make it look like food .That's people's answer to the whole thing, and I absolutely 100% hate it because it comes off as lazy to me. It also hits a cord with me (using posters) because when you backup the world you run the risk of having invisible posters. I'd much rather have the real thing, not something I view as 'lazy'.

• 'Yeah, those are actually posters to make it look like food .That's people's answer to the whole thing, and I absolutely 100% hate it because it comes off as lazy to me. It also hits a cord with me (using posters) because when you backup the world you run the risk of having invisible posters. I'd much rather have the real thing, not something I view as 'lazy'.

Can we use screenshots to make posters? I have a screenshot from Fallout 4 I called Ada down. I'd like to make a poster out of that because it looks like I shot him or her, ( it's a robot ). :)

@Minotorious Your F1 info was so helpful. Thank you! :)

• Quote from Minotorious

gold is found in big quantities after -400 in depth

In my very first single player world I started finding gold just after I passed the -100 mark. I remembered this when I began my mine on foxbox, so I made a landing (stone blocks) at exactly -100 and just started digging in all directions. I hit two significant deposits of gold within a couple dozen blocks from that point.

I guess our mileage can vary, but that was my personal experience. ^^

• Can we use screenshots to make posters? I have a screenshot from Fallout 4 I called Ada down. I'd like to make a poster out of that because it looks like I shot him or her, ( it's a robot ). :)
    @Minotorious Your F1 info was so helpful. Thank you! :)

If you have screenshots from other games, and images from the real world, sure. Do whatever you want to do, even the things I 'hate'. It's your game so do enjoy it 8)

You'll however have to get cotton to turn to cloth (loom) put into the paper press, press it, bucket it, press it, grab it, then turn it into posters. You can make a good few stacks of paper within an hour.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!