PaperPress problem with starting it since update

• I had no problems using the Paper Press after the problem adding water was fixed.
    Then there was another update (about 2 weeks ago -? )
    Since that update I have to play the click game with the Paper press: I load the cloth into the 4 slots and then:
    1. I hit F, and I click all over the top area of the press: on the spokes, the hub over and under the spokes, the screw and then repeat. Somewhere in the midst of the clicking the hand cursor appears and the press goes down.
    2. I now have rags. So I add water.
    3. Repeat the click click click game.
    4. I get paper

The last time I did steps 1 thru 3, about 3 days ago, the press would not open. So:
    5. I deleted the entire press.
    6. Remade the press.
    7. Same results 1-3.

I have just started a new claim and so I finished the new storage/workshop area and:
    8. I Remade a brand new press.
    9. Same results 1-3.

I do not play thru Steam.
    I do not have personal plug-ins added to my account.

I asked other players on my multi-server if they are having this problem. None are apparently.
    I am out of options. I have rebuilt the press twice. I have even moved the location to a different site. Each move, I note that the press has lots of overhead room. Any ideas on what I can try next?

• never had that problem myself but I don't fully understand how it could get stuck like that :? seems weird to me like something blocking it. If you could make a small video showing the problem I believe we would be able to spot your issue in no time, also a log might show something in case an error is occurring in your game. (To force the game to create a log you need to go to the config.properties file open it with a text editor and change game_debug_console=false to true then save the file and start your game. The log will appear after you exit the game in the Logs folder in the RW directory. So just replicate the problem, exit the game and post the log here)

• Thank you. I will set up the log file later this evening when I go on line.
    Murphy's Law: if something can happen chances are I will discover it. This does not always make me happy :) ;(

In a separate thread, I noted the fun and games I'm having keeping my account from requesting my pw here on the forums after I log into the first screen. When I repeat the relog, it says it doses not recognize the p/w. After just recognizing it when I originally logged in. I have about 5 accounts with my name Graysilk (with a number attached to it) because I cant get the p/w to be accepted after its approved. (Yes I know. And yes, I've set up p/w on game sites etc since 1999, no idea what problem is here but running out of emails to set up new Graysilk# accounts because 'that email is in use)
    I requested all of my other account mess-ups be deleted but apparently that's not possible.

Just telling you this so you know that If my new account here does not go thru again, I may be unable see the answer ....for awhile.

• well you can always see the answer, and I believe you can even post here as a guest (i.e. without having an actual account) ;)

• Hmm... this sounds like a really strange issue =O What do you mean with "no personal plug-ins added to your account"? Did this happen in singleplayer or multiplayer? What do you mean with "clicking all over the top area of the press"? Usually a single click once the hand icon appears is sufficient to move the press down/up.
    As @Minotorious said, a video would be really helpful :)

Just telling you this so you know that If my new account here does not go thru again, I may be unable see the answer ....for awhile.

As @Minotorious mentioned, you can always see the answer, even if you're not logged in. You're also able to post replies as a guest (although these posts need to be activated by a moderator manually, so it may take some time until the post will be visible to the public).

• I mean I have no 'plug ins' added onto my account, such as the gps one. I'm playing my single player just as it is. My multi-player has plug ins and is hooked up to a totally different concept using Bristol. I cant tell much about it because I am not a programmer. I do not go thru Stream. I bought the game directly from your site.

I asked other players on my mutli-player server if they were having any problem like this. No one was (15 players on). However, one player was having this problem with the large smelter (he has several in his workshop) as he said he has to click both the space to place ore, and the ingot to remove them several times to get them to place or pickup.
    I didn't think to try the press on my single server -I thought I had covered every way I could test it. Sigh.

Yes I know that once the hand appears the click works....except on my paper press it does not. (anymore, it used to before the update a couple of weeks ago).

By "all over the top" I mean: click each and every spoke when the hand appears on it: clicking each and very space in-between the spokes when the hand cursor appears. Even clicking the area above the spokes when the hand appears. In short, clicking any and every place the hand cursor appeared. and getting no response.

I haven't tried making a video since I went to Windows 10 and my video program does not work on win10. I will see if I can get a video going on a newer version or diff. program. I'm no expert at it, but it would be a good way to see what I'm doing wrong, or if it is me.

PS. This is a fantastic gaming world. After losing my 3 years previous building game, I did not think I would find another anyway like it because I looked for 3 months to find one. So, please don't think I am complaining. I'm only reporting a bug (which may be my own bug) :) 9 out of 10 of the craft stations give me no problems, that's an excellent average I think.

• Update.
    I put down a new paper press on my single server.
    Loaded it up.
    And it works fine. So I did it again. Again it worked fine. Got Paper both times, and no 'sticking'.

I then went to my multi-player and loaded up the press paper.
    It worked fine. No sticking. I got paper.

Whatever was wrong it had to be something I was doing, but I have no idea what, as all the other stations worked fine.
    I worked on this for several days before I posted it, and it solved itself. I think. I don't know.

Thank you for your replies all.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!