[Plugin] Animal Breed Master - Viehzuchtmeister V0.81.1

• I believe the incompatibility only happens on servers when one player is using the pnb or gps GUI and another is at the same time trying to name animals

• Unfortunately, I see the conflict happen between the abm and the rwqui plugins regardless if they are being used at the same time. I think that the rwqui plugin is trying to respond to the abm naming activity regardless of whether the gps or pnb plugins are being used.

• In your instructions you mention AnimalBreedMaster.prefs.xml for changing settings. I dont know if this file is supposed to be created when the server starts the .JAR file the first time?
    This doesn't happen. In the zip file itself, no AnimalBreedMaster.prefs.xml is included. At the moment I don't know how to get this to work. It's the first plugin I am installing on a fresh server, so no conflict there. The .JAR file is placed in the RisingWorld/plugins folder.

EDIT: I had not made a subfolder in the pluginsfolder, its now working :)

• I saw this red font warning in my chat window that i went to grab it from the log. Curious what it may be? It happened when Shark logged in then disconnected.

PLUGIN EXCEPTION (AnimalBreedMaster, 0.50.1, Carsten) ---->
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.AnimalBreedMaster.removeGui(AnimalBreedMaster.java:1823)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.AnimalBreedMaster.onPlayerDisconnectEvent(AnimalBreedMaster.java:229)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at pluginapi.PluginEventHandler.triggerEvent(SourceFile:201)
    at G.f.clientDisconnected(SourceFile:1613)
    at de.jiw.network.core.AbstractServer.triggerClientDisconnected(AbstractServer.java:166)
    at de.jiw.network.server.session.ClientConnection.disconnect(ClientConnection.java:208)
    at de.jiw.network.server.core.AbstractServerChannel.dispatchTCP(AbstractServerChannel.java:58)
    at de.jiw.network.server.session.TcpSessionHandler.channelRead0(TcpSessionHandler.java:80)
    at de.jiw.network.server.session.TcpSessionHandler.channelRead0(TcpSessionHandler.java:15)
    at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.access$600(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:38)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext$7.run(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:353)
    at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultEventExecutor.run(DefaultEventExecutor.java:66)
    at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:858)
    at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:138)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

• I installed per directions, however, there was no prefs.xml file created

Hi! Make sure that it looks similar like this then it should be created after first world load:

Code
    -- /RisingWorld
    |
    |-- /plugins
    |
    |-- /animalbreedmaster
    |- AnimalBreedMaster.jar
    |- changelog_de.txt
    |- changelog_en.txt
    |- readme_de.txt
    |- readme_en.txt

If not then probably something else blocks it or so.

• This may have been asked before, but would it be possible to add a feature to either "Release" an animal or "Recall" an animal? There are a number of players that somehow loose their animals (either killed or otherwise lost). They still show in their "/abm list all" list, but they are nowhere to be found. Basically, the player would like to either be able to "Release" the animal from their "ownership" so that they may breed other animals within their "max_animals_per_player" limit. Or at least recall the animal to their location. I am unclear whether killing the animal "releases" the animal from their "inventory". If not, then the ability to "Release" them from their ownership would defiantly be what is wanted so that they may "train/breed" others.

Another lit nit, but can the "/abm list all" provide a total count?

A side note which maybe @red51 may need to address, is that some animals in the main DB end up with positions of "NaN NaN NaN NaN" and these do not appear where the DB indicates they should be. This may be related to players loosing their animals.

• @Jon_miner

Another lit nit, but can the "/abm list all" provide a total count?

Can you cover it with /abm count all?

If an animal is really lost, i.e. is dead/ killed, then it is automatically removed from the list. This "dead animal watcher" is active every 20 seconds.
    I would like to say that at the latest after 20 seconds the "/abm list all" should be actual.

This "NaN NaN NaN NaN"-issue in the main db would really affect a "tamed animal" in the way that it is "not here and not there".
    Let's hope that it finds the way home from nowhere! :D

• I had an error with this plugin that was some SQL database being used and it would not save the world. I had to delete and reload all the files from the zipfile again to make it go away. Not sure what caused it. I did not use the reload database features.. I might do that if I get this problem again. Seems to be running fine on my server right now.

• Can you cover it with /abm count all?

The "/abm count all" counts all of your animals, but does not provide a "grand total", just totals for each animal type.

If an animal is really lost, i.e. is dead/ killed, then it is automatically removed from the list. This "dead animal watcher" is active every 20 seconds.
    I would like to say that at the latest after 20 seconds the "/abm list all" should be actual.

For some of our players with many (50+) animals (building zoos), there are animals that they never seem to be able to find (after even minutes of doing /abm list commands) and they stay on their list. Would it be hard to have a command like "/abm release cow 25" where the number is the number listed in the /abm list cow listing? This is an example for just cows, but have for all animals?

• I had an error with this plugin that was some SQL database being used and it would not save the world. I had to delete and reload all the files from the zipfile again to make it go away. Not sure what caused it. I did not use the reload database features.. I might do that if I get this problem again. Seems to be running fine on my server right now.

Hi!
    This would be hard for me to reproduce, perhaps this is related to a possible issue with the world database that @Jon_miner shortly discovered: some illegal values stored in a specific database table.

but does not provide a "grand total"

It is only a matter of "outputting and formatting"! The next update will provide an improved output with a total number!

there are animals that they never seem to be able to find (after even minutes of doing /abm list commands) and they stay on their list

I suspect that this is due to your discovery with these "NaN NaN NaN NaN" entries in the Npc-table of the world database.

Could you perhaps provide me an export of the Npc-table?
    This would be very helpful for me to investigate the problem and possibly offer a solution.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!